book worms : what have you been reading?

Nic1107 I haven't read the popular ones either. I always avoid them at first but I will read them eventually. I downloaded three new books on my kindle but I haven't started them yet. I will be reading ' the help' next I think. Maybe I'll start tomorrow. I have cleaning to do today and tomorrow so hopefully I can get some done before I start reading. I do want to read 'a tree grows in brooklyn' though. I've heard wonderful things but I forgot all about it! Thanks for the remind!

I also loved the triology (Hunger Games) but thought the 2nd book was the weakest of the 3. They are must-reads for me though!

I agree. :thumbup: I do agree with Jenny_wren aswell about it starting to get good about 2/3's in. It just felt a little slower for me to start with. :)

the help's meant to be really good aswell
also been made into a film
seems to be a trend atm :haha:

i got a new lesley pearce one yesterday,
father unknown, i'm about 1/3rd of the way
through, not too bad so far, i don't think it'll
knock my favourite off the list but i'm reserving
judgement until i finish, there's only been one book
of hers (i've read quite a few lol) that i haven't liked
so i'm thinking this will be another good one

:thumbup:

The Help, as a film, made me tear up, I imagine the book would be great too, unfortunately seeing the movie first usually ruins the reading experience so I never read the book AFTER I watch a movie?

Just finished 'the help'. Very good. It's kind of slow but you really have to get into it. I haden't realized that only 50 years ago there was such a huge gap between whites and blacks. You don't realize when you learn about civil rights in school the severity of it all. The end kinda left it hanging for me though. I guess to let you think up you own divine ending. I recommend it though. Wonder if the movie is anything close to the book.

I have just finished Thelma Madines book about gypsy weddings! It was actually a good read and i read it in about three days.

Have got about 9 books to read on my kindle at the moment - but i am currently looking on amazon again!

Back onto reading the Morganville Vampire series tonight, on book 12, love them.
x

Just read a fab book 'Perfect People' by Peter James at 20p on the Kindle as absolute bargain and unputdownable!!!

Will this book scare me? iv just read the description on amazon and i want to download it but dont want to read something thats going to give me nightmares :thumbup:

I just finished reading 'The Secret lives of bees'. Read the whole this today. After reading the help I wanted to read something similar. This is also set in the 1960's in the Southern United States during the civil rights movement. Different story though obviously. I cried a few times actually. I haven't cried from a book in a while because you always read on to something else. But there were a couple of spots that were just very sad. Maybe it's just my hormones, I don't know. I recommend it though. It was very well written- not too flowery but very descriptive and beautiful. Also made into a movie but it's ok because I never saw it.

I will be reading all week I suppose as I'm really trying to keep my mind occupied. I only have one or two books on my kindle that I haven't read. Actually from suggestions I got here. ANy more suggestions?
What classics are your favorites? I've only read a few true classics and I am looking for suggestions again. I wrote the list of all the books I have read a few pages back probably so you know what kind of books I enjoy.

Hope you are all doing well and ejoying reading

I've just finished the chaos walking trilogy. I thought they were great

I just finished reading 'The Secret lives of bees'. Read the whole this today. After reading the help I wanted to read something similar. This is also set in the 1960's in the Southern United States during the civil rights movement. Different story though obviously. I cried a few times actually. I haven't cried from a book in a while because you always read on to something else. But there were a couple of spots that were just very sad. Maybe it's just my hormones, I don't know. I recommend it though. It was very well written- not too flowery but very descriptive and beautiful. Also made into a movie but it's ok because I never saw it.

I will be reading all week I suppose as I'm really trying to keep my mind occupied. I only have one or two books on my kindle that I haven't read. Actually from suggestions I got here. ANy more suggestions?
What classics are your favorites? I've only read a few true classics and I am looking for suggestions again. I wrote the list of all the books I have read a few pages back probably so you know what kind of books I enjoy.

Hope you are all doing well and ejoying reading

ooo I read 'The secret life of bees' a while back, loved it and really must get round to seeing the film.x

I just read Animal Farm as I never got to read it at school lol!! :haha:

Started reading The Two Week Wait by Sarah Rayner today.

The Help is an awesome book. The film doesn't compare at all

I have just finished a book about a girl that was trafficked into the sex industry from England to Amsterdam - i cant remember the exact title?

OMG what a completly harrowing book - i wanted to cry through the whole of it - it really is heartbreaking :-(

Am just having a look on Amazon for a few more books at the moment! Its becoming my favourite passtime - kindle shopping lol!

I have just finished a book about a girl that was trafficked into the sex industry from England to Amsterdam - i cant remember the exact title?

OMG what a completly harrowing book - i wanted to cry through the whole of it - it really is heartbreaking :-(

Am just having a look on Amazon for a few more books at the moment! Its becoming my favourite passtime - kindle shopping lol!

Weird, I finished reading this two days ago - was it about Sarah Forsyth? If so, then it was called Slave Girl and you're right, completely harrowing. I'd read 'Trafficked' by Sophie Hayes recently and I thought that was bad, but Slave Girl made it look like a walk in the park! I don't know why I do it to myself - the books just depress me really and you know there can be no happy ending for these poor women :(

Currently I'm reading Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness

Just finished 'the night circus' and I loved it. So beautiful to think about and so imaginative, and interesting. Now I have to figure out what to read next!:dohh:

Just finished 'the night circus' and I loved it. So beautiful to think about and so imaginative, and interesting. Now I have to figure out what to read next!:dohh:

Oh I have that book downloaded on my Kindle but haven't read it yet!

Iv just finished 'bared to you' by Sylvia Day. I guess it's supposed to be like the new 50 shades but I just found it ended really abruptly. I know she's writing another but it felt like she's just cut the book off before she's finished. It didn't grip me like 50 shades and I guess it was too simlar.

Don't know what to start on next

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"