book worms : what have you been reading?

I like reading mysteries/thrillers. I just finished The Last Fix by K.O. Dahl. Now I'm reading Blood Work by Michael Connelly.

I'm just finishing up the Song of Fire and Ice series, I'm about halfway through A Dance with Dragons. Really really good series.

I'm also working through Norse Mythology: A Guide to the Gods, Heroes, Rituals and Beliefs by John Lindow.

How have I not spotted this thread before now??

I'm currently about to start Confessor by Terry Goodkind, it's the 11th book in the Sword of Truth series. I've really enjoyed the series but I am glad to be at an end to it now so I can read something different :haha:

Next on my list to read will be either Game of Thrones or The Hunger Games. I'm thinking Hunger Games will be less time consuming so I may read those first :)

Ooh and gingajewel I agree with you on Dorothy Koomsons My Best Friends Girl it's a fab book!!

Currently reading the pact-Jodie picoult in paper back and 50 shades on iPad! Jodie picoults winning though!

Just started reading 'How Starbucks Saved My Life' by Michael Gates Gill
Good read so far!

Just finished reading The girl with the Dragon Tattoo,really good book and am now going to order the other 2 in the Millenium Trilogy. :)

Can I join? I have a Kobo but still spend loads in the bookstore, the reader is convenient but I like shelves of books! lol.

Read 50 Shades of Grey. Bought 50 Shades Darker, but not sure I want to read it, didn't feel like the first was "well-written" or a believable story iykwim, had a hard time getting into it but obviously wanted to find out what happened in the end, so finished- not sure I can start #2 though :shrug:

Just read "He's Just Not That Into You"- not a novel but think it's a must-read!

Also just read "a stolen life" by Jaycee Duggard, and was a bit disappointed... though I feel ruthless saying that, given what she went through, really no information that wasn't in the news etc, and though the poor girl obviously missed out on schooling etc, the publisher could have gotten her some help with it or something, just to improve the reader's experience.

Have The Witching Hour by Anne Rice and The Host by Stephanie Meyer to read on my Kobo

I am currently reading - Trouble in Mudbug (Gost-in-law mystery/romance series) by Jana DeLoen

It was free off amazon. There is a sex scene in it that (haven't found anymore yet:haha:) that is written exactly like 50 shades. It says... "he touched her sex" I had to giggle.

I am currently reading - Trouble in Mudbug (Gost-in-law mystery/romance series) by Jana DeLoen

It was free off amazon. There is a sex scene in it that (haven't found anymore yet:haha:) that is written exactly like 50 shades. It says... "he touched her sex" I had to giggle.

:haha: this makes me laugh too, thought it was just me!
X

I've also read "The woman he loved before" and "my best friends girl" by Dorothy Koomson, they were both sad. I love Dorothy Koomson books and just finished "The moment" by Douglas Kennedy...

I cried my eyes out :blush:

I just finished reading Bared To You. I loved FSoG and I was told about this. It's not quite the same and starts differently but they are both messed up and they need each other. I'd definitely say give it a read. The disappointing thing is the second book doesn't come out until October.

Ive just read the hunger games and it was brilliant a grear story but also an easy read i would really recommened.

Im now reading the 2nd book in the hg triology, catching fire on the kindle and reading dead until dark by charlaine harris the first book in the sookie stackhouse collection and im really enjoing that too.

I just finished reading Bared To You. I loved FSoG and I was told about this. It's not quite the same and starts differently but they are both messed up and they need each other. I'd definitely say give it a read. The disappointing thing is the second book doesn't come out until October.

I had heard this was good and defiently worth a read especially if you like Fifty shades but when I had a look on amazon it isn't released in paper back until later on in the month, only on Kindle at the moment.

I've also read "The woman he loved before" and "my best friends girl" by Dorothy Koomson, they were both sad. I love Dorothy Koomson books and just finished "The moment" by Douglas Kennedy...

I cried my eyes out :blush:

I love Dorothy Koomson - she is my favourite author and my best friends girl is my favourite book ever.

I was reading "The Miracle Inspector" and i gave up after about six chapters - has anyone read it? I just couldnt get into it and didnt enjoy it at all.

I am now reading "The age of Miracles" Have just started it but will let you all know what its like :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->