book worms : what have you been reading?

if you search wordsworth classics on amazon
they have all the old classics for £2 each
could work your way through them lol

flipping bargain :thumbup:

unless you're one of those kindle ladies in which
case they're about 50p each, some are FREEEEEE

even more of a bargain :happydance:

finished the memory keepers daughter
so sad :cry:

i seem to pick books they were made into films
so i'm thinking i might have to watch this one
although i'll be blubbering like a baby by the end

:haha:

Paige Toon - ive read every single one of her books and have never been disappointed! Absolutely lovely!

Currently on fifty shades of grey :) x

Im reading the diary of anne frank it has been on my list fot some time now and finally decided to read it and its so touching.

Im reading the diary of anne frank it has been on my list fot some time now and finally decided to read it and its so touching.

It is isn't it, I remember reading it in school and being blown away.

My manager told me last week about having to do a project on it at school, however they never had them read the book. Ummmm.....

My favourite book at the mo is Brian Cox's wonders of the solar system.... also been a few repeats of the programmes on Eden I think... better than any novel as far as I'm concerned :p

I finished Me Before You yesterday. Was good, I sobbed at the end :haha:

Don't know what to read next though.

Are the free books on kindle any good?

Xx

I am now reading confessions of a sex addict too - i have only just started it though so im enjoying it so far.

I have just finished "The Age of Miracles" - it was a fantastic book and i really enjoyed it! It left me thinking about it for days!

I have read a book called, Lucy gives it up for her boss. Basically she sleeps with him and then he sacks them all :wacko:

Just read a fab book 'Perfect People' by Peter James at 20p on the Kindle as absolute bargain and unputdownable!!!

Just read a fab book 'Perfect People' by Peter James at 20p on the Kindle as absolute bargain and unputdownable!!!

I really couldnt get into this the writing style was irritating me, it sounds like such a good book though.

Just finished the 50 shades books.. Loved book 1 and 2..book 3 :shrug: I finished it and literally threw it over the floor :haha: rushed, predictable and just disappointing really!

Now going to catch up on The Morganville series..think it's book 11 i'm on lol

x

Ive just finished anne frank its definitely a must read for me.
I started on the second book in the hunger gamea triology (using the kindle sample) but before i actually purchase it i read some reviews as it didnt drag me in straight away and the.reviews are good.but nit as good.as the first so just wondering is catching.fire actually worth the read? and what about mockingjay? x

blooming heck bargain!

i paid £3.50 for mine

kindle 1 : paperback 0

:rofl:

I started on the second book in the hunger gamea triology (using the kindle sample) but before i actually purchase it i read some reviews as it didnt drag me in straight away and the.reviews are good.but nit as good.as the first so just wondering is catching.fire actually worth the read? and what about mockingjay? x

catching fire starts to get good about 2/3rds in
most of it is background that builds up into the
2nd round of games (which are just as good) and
it carries on into the 3rd book

mockingjay was my favourite by far
i can't wait to see how they turn it into a film

definately worth buying

:thumbup:

I loved all the trilogy, Catching Fire is really good. Wasn't overly keen on the ending of The Mockingjay but still a good read.
x

I also loved the triology (Hunger Games) but thought the 2nd book was the weakest of the 3. They are must-reads for me though!

I feel totally out of the loop now; I haven't read 50 Shades, Twilight, Hunger Games or Game of Thrones at all :blush: I read a lot, but I tend to pick up random weird books from library sales and thrift stores and such. The past couple months, I've read:

"The Tulip and the Pope" by Deborah something; it's a memoir of the author's time as a novitiate in a convent as a young woman. Borrowed it from my nana :haha:

"The Sparrow" by Mary Doria Russell: Sci-fi story about a Jesuit priest (and other crew members) undertaking Earth's first mission to an alien planet. One of my favourite books of all time, although some bits are quite harrowing.

"A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" Can't believe I had never read this before, as it's such a classic. The story of a young girl growing up in poverty in turn-of-the-century Brooklyn. Excellent read.

"Dreams of Joy" by Lisa See. The sequel to "Shanghai Girls"; it's about a young woman who runs away from home to China to live on a collective during Mao's Great Leap Forward. Famine and death are a huge part of the book and some parts are very difficult to read, especially concerning children/babies. It's quite a good book though and very well-researched.

"The Graveyard Book" by Neil Gaiman. If you love Neil Gaiman, you'll like this book. If you don't like Neil Gaiman yet, pick up "American Gods" :)

Right now I'm plowing through "The Virgin Earth" by Phillipa Gregory, but I don't think I'm going to make it. The pacing is brutally hacked to bits, the cultural interactions border on absurd and the whole thing is so boring I just can't bring myself to care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->