book worms : what have you been reading?

I loved the hunger games, the film is good but a few of the characters weren't how I imagined in the book, tho most of them were.

I wish there was more hunger games books, I was a bit gutted about the ending in book 3!

I finished The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel I would give it a 2/5 it took me ages to get into and then finished really abruptly.

I am now reading a free book I found on amazon called "spying in high heels" I am 28% through and I only started it earlier it seems good to me. :)

Me too. I kind of wished I hadn't read them so fast. :)

i don't often polish a book off in a day
but that was worth doing nothing all day for

:happydance:

my oh will be pleased, he tried to steal it and take it
to work this morning, sneaky git

:rofl:

is the film just the first book or the whole trilogy?

From what I can make out it is just based on the 1st novel. Plus on wikipedia it does say that while filming it was announced that a sequel based on the second novel was planned for release on November 22, 2013.
The guy who plays Haymitch also has said that he has signed up for four films?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunger_Games_(film)

The Dvd is set for release on the 18th August. :)

I always said i wouldnt get a kindle. I love having a book in my hand, sharing them with friends, borrowing from the library, buying from stores and the market etc... then for christmas the OH got me one. (the year before he got me a huge carboard box full of all the books on my wish list).. so he thought this would be easier.. at first i was dubious but by the end of the first book i was hooked. I still buy ones that go with series' ive got in paperpack.. and the odd ones here and there but im pretty much converted-ish ;) im too much of a book worm to decided either or.

The hunger games are great. The last one isnt so good. And the film was deffo not as good but are they ever?

Hope its ok to join this thread?

Im currently read Fifty Shades of Grey. OMG! Amazing! xx

Just finished all the 50 shades books, stuck for what to read next though now :shrug:

Another Kindle lover over here!!! I was the same as you ladies before I got one, was a bit dubious to the whole e-reader thing as I liked to get books from the library and share books between friends and family. Then I got a Kindle for my birthday and I have never looked back!!! Can't rate them highly enough!!

i've not watched the film yet but i'm
dying to, i've watched the trailers but a few of the
characters are nothing like i thought they'd be
still looks awesome though :happydance:

half way through the second book and i'm waiting
for the amazingness to kick in, it's good but it's not
'omg i can't put it down' yet, i like the little twists but
the action needs to hurry up :haha:

I just finished Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday 4/5 it was good but lacked something can't put my finger on what but it did :haha:

Ive just started reading Confessions of a GP by Dr. Benjamin Daniels. Absolutely brilliant so far. Very funny.

just read the marbury lense.. bit of a young adult one, bit strange too but i liked parts of it. Some parts were typically cringey though.

Reading good as dead now, by mark billingham (one of the tom thorne novels hoping this will be better.

Hi everyone! I LOVE reading!! I don't get much time lately though!! I haven't JUST finished this one, but I can't rave enough about Wideacre, by Philippa Gregory. It's the first of a trilogy. Has anyone else read it? I couldn't put it down!! xx

https://photo.goodreads.com/books/1322841241l/10798398.jpg

Just finished this book, it was good!

I got my Kindle last Tuesday so I started reading Me Before You.

I've just finished the Fifty Shades Trilogy which I thought was really good.

I'm just starting Wherever You Will Go.

I have just finished 'The Playdate' which was really really good and for 99p on the Kindle Store was an absolute steal!!

Deferral of Guilt is also a free good read on the Kindle

The Crew about football hooliganism is a good free read on the Kindle too

Game of Thrones (Song of ice and fire) series :) also listening to sword of truth (legend of the seeker) audiobooks :)

Bit into fantasy at the mo in case you can't guess fro mthe titles. Good telly series too :)

I'm currently reading Vanity fair by William Makepeace Thackeray - had to Google the spelling of that :haha: I'm currently on the lookout for my next book :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->