book worms : what have you been reading?

Well I wasn't going to bother with the 50 Shades series, but as just about every one I talk to is reading it and I'm left out of yet another conversation (I don't watch any of the insanely popular shows like Big Brother or The Only Way Is Essex) I think I am going to have to just so that I can at least join in when they are talking about it LOL

Hello!

I'm a read-a-holic :haha: finished 50 shades trilogy a few weeks back, loved it!

Then read club shadowlands which was good but I was pissed that it was so short!

Now looking for a new read, something cheap on kindle that's romantic and a bit naughty! Suggestions?

Emmy, Bared To You is supposed to be good. Something a bit like FSoG but they are both from the wrong side of the track...

I have just finished I've got your number by Sophie Kinsella 5 out 5!! I loved it! It's about a women who gets a phone out of a bin and ends up sharing her life with the boss of a company!

Fifty Shades trilogy, lol. After i'm done, my OH got the hunger games. He is actually reading them now, but after I want a read too! xx

just finished another Sophie Kinsella book called Twenties Girl another 5 out of 5!! It was a lovely story. A ladies great aunt died at the age of 105 and then came back to claim a necklace that had been lost. The story pulls at the heart strings.

I am now reading something called married by mistake it was a free book from Amazon, so we will see what it is like.

^ I have all the Sophie Kinsella ones. Especially love Twenties girl and Shopaholic and baby.

My version of remember me was crap and I couldn't read it.

I liked mini shopaholic lol

I'm a bit of a classics fan to be honest. I finished Tess of the D'Urbervilles yesterday as I'd never read it and have been meaning to for years. I re-read Wuthering Heights last month. I think there's a melodramatic teenager in me trying to get out :)

I recently read Trafficked by Sophie Hayes. I saw her on This Morning a few months ago telling her story of being sex trafficked to Italy by someone who she considered her best friend, but had in fact been grooming her for several years. A fascinating but harrowing read.

Before this I read The Story of O, a bit like one of the grandparents to the Fifty Shades books. They're a little more brutal, but luckily I'm broad minded :)

In between this, on my bedside table, I've been reading 'Madeleine' by Kate McCann. It's not something I'd have picked up myself but MIL gave it me. To be honest, I have to be in the mood to read it as it's bloody heartbreaking.

Hello!

I'm a read-a-holic :haha: finished 50 shades trilogy a few weeks back, loved it!

Then read club shadowlands which was good but I was pissed that it was so short!

Now looking for a new read, something cheap on kindle that's romantic and a bit naughty! Suggestions?

Did you know there are 6 books in the club shadowlands series?

I am currently on number 5 of the club shadowlands series. I am enjoying them. I struggle for the first few chapters to get in to them but it's because I'm always aught up on the characters in the previous book :rofl:

X

hehe thanks :)

I am reading: The Constant Princess by Phillipa Gregory.

I have read about 5 books by Phillipa Gregory now and never fail to dissapoint. I enjoyed 50 shades as much as everyone else but it feels good to get back to a "proper written" book. I promise that most people would enjoy them. Good ones to try are "The Red Queen" "The White Queen" and "The Other Boleyn Girl" - Million times better than the film.

I'm just finished:
'the humorist' by Russell Kane, bloody fantastic book!
Now I'm starting:
'the one hundred year old man who climbed out of the window and disappeared' by Jonas Jonasson and it's awesome so far, it's our book club book at work (waterstones)

Hello!

Did you know there are 6 books in the club shadowlands series?

I am currently on number 5 of the club shadowlands series. I am enjoying them. I struggle for the first few chapters to get in to them but it's because I'm always aught up on the characters in the previous book :rofl:

X

Yeah I'm more pissed I paid so much for a short story :haha:

Finished Bared To You today, very good, much better than 50 shades, just waiting for the author to write the sequel :coffee:

Next recommendation please! Damn my reading too fast!

I'm about to start The Death Trilogy by Terry Pratchett, I've only ever skimmed over them so I'm going to buckle down and get reading!

I'm a bit of a classics fan to be honest. I finished Tess of the D'Urbervilles yesterday as I'd never read it and have been meaning to for years. I re-read Wuthering Heights last month. I think there's a melodramatic teenager in me trying to get out :)

I recently read Trafficked by Sophie Hayes. I saw her on This Morning a few months ago telling her story of being sex trafficked to Italy by someone who she considered her best friend, but had in fact been grooming her for several years. A fascinating but harrowing read.

Before this I read The Story of O, a bit like one of the grandparents to the Fifty Shades books. They're a little more brutal, but luckily I'm broad minded :)

In between this, on my bedside table, I've been reading 'Madeleine' by Kate McCann. It's not something I'd have picked up myself but MIL gave it me. To be honest, I have to be in the mood to read it as it's bloody heartbreaking.

Ive put this on my kindle to read as i also saw her on this morning!

Sooo i have succumbed to the hype and have downloaded the 50 shades trilogy - i really hope they good!

Also wanted to recommend Dorothy Koomson, My best friends girl is probably my favourite book ever but ice cream girls comes a close second!! :thumbup:

As much as i love reading i am still refusing to read the 50 shades of grey books.. saw a women reading it on the train and smiled inwardly..dirty book :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->