Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

Of course you can join! I was wondering when you get back on the ttc band wagon! I can't remember but how long did it take you to conceive your little girl?

I'll be testing tomorrow, only once at 14dpo. I expect a bfn, I've all the symptoms of the witch coming and my temps are not what they should be.

We did our semen analysis yesterday or well my husband did so we should get the results shortly, I've called the clinic and left a message so just waiting for the call back. I pray it's good news. Anything to give me some hope.

Is it normal for my first AF to be so light?, Seriously except for the obvious v had no other PMS, Backache etc??? AND its only lasted 3 days :shrug:

Whats the likely hood of it going again now i have it back (I mean because of BFing not because of pregnancy :lol:) :blush:, Im dead worried it will go again :)

Mine was super heavy at first but some get it lightly. Did you test just to make sure you weren't pg? My period normally only lasts like 2 days of full flow which is a light flow for me then I spot for a day or so.

It's likely your 'warning period' or the result of an anovulatory cycle. I did read that the later your fertility returns the more likely it is to be full right off the bat, so good luck. Kellymom has a good little chart on rates of fertility based on when you get AF back. I linked it earlier, but if you go there and search for fertility it should pop up.

^ I didn't know that. I for sure ovulated during my first period after giving birth so I wouls assume thats why it was so heavy? My first three periods were ridiculously heavy then they went back to their normal short light self.

Tiff- Thanks! :D I would have loved to have started this month but he was waiting to see if he got his new job. We did have unprotected sex but used the pull out method. So I will just be waiting on af. I used to O fairly early before Abigail but not anymore. If tomorrow's temp goes up I would have O'd on cd18/19.. I am thinking it's because I am nursing. Judging by my opks it looked like I tried to O earlier and didn't. :shrug: Doesn't matter really.
I was off the pill and we ntnp for almost 2 years at first. Then I used just opks for 2 months. I then decided to chart. I had a chemical pregnancy on our 2nd charted ttc cycle and then concieved Abigail on our 4th charted cycle.I don't plan on stressing about it this time so it may take us longer..

Lucy_x - My first one was fairly light and the next one was kind of too. I didn't chart so I can't be sure I O'd those cycles. But I just think everyone is different. But this last one was heavier and more annoying so they will balance back out. ;)

Thanks but it won't be a big deal if we don't. Especially since bfing is messing with my cyles. I am interested to see what my cycles look like. Is it bad that I may want to try the shettles method a few times to try for a boy?

No thats not bad, if we didn't have sperm issues I'd try that method to have a girl. The trick will be having sex the day before Ov and the day of to maximize your chance of having a boy. Will you chart this time? My cycles were super messed up due to bf'ing and the fact that I was taking motilium for my milk supply which made my cycles even worse I had a super short lp and some cycles didn't even ovulate in between bleeds and was getting my period every 11-16 days! Once I finished bf'ing everything went back to normal :)

I already am charting. I will post it in my sig tomorrow after I get my crosshairs.:) Glad i am not bad for trying to up my odds for a boy. Will be happy with a girl too but would be neat to have the first boy in a mostly girls family. :D I am going to pick up the book tomorrow just to read all the details b/c I am curious. I like to be overloaded with info so I can cover all my bases. Can't be to be too prepared right? :rofl: Good to know about the bfing. Hopefully since she is slowly weaning herself it helps. Oh have you gotten the oh's results yet? FX for some good news!

Which book is that?

Nope no call today but I expected that cause it's Canada day here, a holiday.

Oh well that makes sense, hopefully they call Monday. Here is the book. https://www.amazon.com/How-Choose-Sex-Your-Baby/dp/0767926102

Looks like good reading! I wish we had the choice of timing sex but really for us any natural occurring pregnancy is a gift from god.

I wish you could too. That's why I feel like maybe I shouldn't b/c a lot ppl have such a hard time getting pregnant and here I am being greedy.. :(

Naw! Don't think like that! We can't always please everyone. I wish I could be choosier to help define the sex but I wouldn't want someone who could do it not to cause of me. As long as you don't complain about not being pregnant in 2 or 3 cycles we're good :) Thats the only thing that bothers me.

Oh I totally get you on that one. That makes me react the same way so no worries here. ;) I am just taking it easy and it will happen when it's suppose to. Especially if I decide to try out the Shettles method. I am sure trying to time it right won't always work in my favor.Especially since I will need to get a couple months charted so I can see where I am at. It's crazy how different my cycles are. Not complaining about Oing late since my cramps are not as bad as before. Gonna enjoy that in case I get those cramps back later. They sucked . I am seriously going to be really excited when you get pregnant again. It just better happen before it's my turn :flow:

My lp is back to how it was now 15 days long, but I'm not sure if Ov is since I took clomid a couple of times. We'll see with this coming cycle. I am actually hoping not to ovulate till cd23 so I can get home from vacation to get some sexy time in with the hubby. Having one more shot naturally before treatment would be nice.

Ohh then I definitely hope you O later for sure!!!! You said you take clomid to help release more eggs to up your odds right? And will you use it this cycle since you want to O later?

I use clomid for that reason yes but it tends to make me O sooner, plus I have to be off of all fertility meds before treatment so no clomid. I used to O around cd19 before I got pregnant, I would expect it would be about the same which makes it to late to conceive so thats why I'm hoping with traveling and such that my body will push it off till I'm home.

I would think with the stress of traveling it would make it wait until you got home. I have no idea what my lp is going to be so this cycle should be informative. I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->