Bright new month, bright new cycle! Everyone's welcome!

Hena, aw, that sucks that you'll probably be away for your O. I guess you'll just have to stock up on as many swimmers as possible before you go. :p It'll be your time soon... I'm sure of it :)

So I had a very bad dream the night before last. The kind where you wish you could press the "erase" button. Very disturbing... Dreamt that my DH had passed somehow and was a ghost that only I could see. He would come sporatically and he didn't know that he wasn't actually there anymore. I was completely distraught every time he was gone and did everything I could to make sure he didn't come to find out that he wasn't alive anymore whenever he was around as I didn't want to let him go. Cried a lot. :( But it was the kind of dream where you don't realize it was a dream and I had to convince myself of that when I woke up. It was absolutely terrible. :(:(:(

*BUT*....
Told my mum about it and she tells me that it means there's a birth on the way! She says that when you dream about death, that it's not a bad thing as it means there will be a birth. The fact that it was my DH means that it's more inclined towards the fact that he'll be the father... and by process of elimination, that means I'll be the mother! :D:D:D Regardless of whether I believe old wives tales or not, I'm very much going to take the dream as a good sign because it's a horrid memory otherwise. :D *happy prepping*

btw, last night's BD would have been the money shot for sure.... too bad I'm not close to O at all. LoL

Oh prepping, that's crazy!! I know exactly what you mean, I actually had a similar dream where my Oh died and my cousin, and it was SO real!! I hope for both of us that it means there is a birth on the way!!! :flower:

KmTigg, I hope so too. I'm so so sorry to see the update on your hcg. I had no idea... :( My thoughts are with you and your OH. Stay strong and positive for the future. :hug:

Fingers crossed that your dream's a good sign, Prepping!

Km, how are you feeling? Has the doctor given you any hope? Thinking of you :hugs:

I'm getting ready for my big trip, one week to go! Gah! I'll be dowing grapefruit juice right up to and through OV, to maximise chances of DH'd swimmers surviving that long. I've read they can survive up to 5 days in fertile CM and since gfj works so well for me, I should have EWCM all the way through. If you see on the news that a woman was arrested for carrying a suitcase full of gfj through customs and refusing to surrender it, better believe that's me! :haha:

If you see on the news that a woman was arrested for carrying a suitcase full of gfj through customs and refusing to surrender it, better believe that's me! :haha:

hahaha, I'll keep an eye out! lol
I didn't know that there was something special about grapefruit juice... maybe I'll give 'er a go next month.

So I think I'm about to go into fertile mode... let the games begin! Off to a bit of a slow start as yesterday would have been good to start but I was asleep before I knew it. Oops. So here's to some good BDing tonight!

I think I'm tapped out on topics to research in regards to pregnancy & labour (which has turned into a bit of a hobby over the last year). Now I kind of want to actually, I don't know, be pregnant so that I can actually apply what I've learned and compare other people's stories to my own! I feel like a total gas bag talking about it with my mum. :haha: It's like going to school to learn a subject theoretically and never applying it to real life. :p

Here's to lots of extra luck to all of us that our SO swimmers stop to ask directions as needed this month!
How's everyone doing? :)

How's everyone doing?? Any newbies welcome btw!! Let's get this thread busy again. :)

My sig says I'm in my "fertile period"... so yesterday was a good'un. I challenged my DH for us to be as active as we are when we go on vacation (i.e. DTD every day or more). He is definately up for the idea! (as any randy DH would be)

I just have a good feeling about this cycle. I won't be totally let down if AF shows at the end of the month... means I'll at least be able to drink and party with the best of them for the different events going on in August. But it would be pretty awesome if AF didn't come around. ;) Feeling very positive right now. :)

That's the spirit, Prepping!!!! Go catch that eggie!!! :sex:

Hi everyone! How are you all doing?

I'm all excited because it looks like my wish might be coming true....I had a very dark opk today so I suspect O will be tomorrow or the next day, which means thanks to today's BD and hopefully tomorrow morning before I go to the airport we'll actually have a chance this cycle :happydance:

Hi everyone! How are you all doing?

I'm all excited because it looks like my wish might be coming true....I had a very dark opk today so I suspect O will be tomorrow or the next day, which means thanks to today's BD and hopefully tomorrow morning before I go to the airport we'll actually have a chance this cycle :happydance:

Just found this thread, hope its okay to jump on in... just wanted to say

Yay!!! Hurray Hena, so pleased you have a chance this cycle, I remember how down you were when you thought you would miss it! :happydance:

I think August seems like a great great month for a bunch of BFPs :)

Hi all! Hena, that's awesome about quite likely catching the egg in time! Lots and lots of luck!

Waiting2c, You're more than welcome to join our cozy little thread! It would he nice to see some BFPs in august!

Well, I should have ovulated by now... Feel quite odd today in my woman areas. :p like my uterus is tight. Hard to explain. Feels like I need to stretch out my insides. I had EWCM on thurs and fri of last week. We BD wed-fri. Missed sat and sun. So hope we still hit the mark!CM sat-today has been negligble. So if there's any experts out there on CM timing that can interpret my chances, my ears (eyes?) are open. On to the TWW!

Hi waiting!!!! Great to see you here!!!!

Prepping, it sounds like you caught the most fertile CM so you should be good! Fingers and toes crossed that was it. It's the ewcm that helps the :spermy: survive until it can find the egg, so even if you O'd a day or two later you should be golden!

Well ladies I'm super psyched. My wishing, praying, sacrificing to various pagan gods, and drinking of grapefruit juice seems to have paid of :haha:

It looks like I indeed o'd early. I sneaked into the lovely little airplane loo on my long flight and got a pos opk, and my temp skyrocketed this morning. It was a huge difference, I'm sure too much to be from travel alone :happydance: I'll do another opk this afternoon and keep temping just to be sure, but there's nothing more we can do this cycle anyway, so it's chill out and relax time.
Now how to avoid wine without making my parents suspicious.......

Hena, sacrifices to pagan gods? Love it. LoL Have you found the god of grapefruit juice as of yet? I'd say he/she would be a good one!
It must be tricky when your body chooses different times to O... but it's a great thing it worked out in your favour this month! That's awesome! Gotta love that you tested on the plane too. :haha:

As for wine, one small glass won't be an issue. That how I intend on getting around it if pressed in the next couple weeks. Not feeling like wine is perfectly reasonable.

So I felt like crud yesterday with all the whacky things happening in my body. Today is better. My patience is absolutely shot though! I was ms. grammar queen this morning. My poor DH got some attitude for not saying words properly or in the right context. If you only know one language, you might as well know how to use it properly! (silly, I know.)

Had another weird dream. No ghosts this time. :thumbup: Dreamt i had a baby boy that looked a bit like a garden gnome (great big round eyes and hair poking straight up). It was quite frustrating as I couldn't figure out how to swaddle him and he kept slipping out the bottom of the blanket. My cousin wrapped him in newspaper but I didn't think that would be the best because of newsprint transfer. And every time he was put down, his head kept indenting. At one point he was put in a shopping cart (in the house) and he had a grid pattern on the back of his head. I wasn't concerned as I figured that there's lots of people out there that know less than I do about babies and the babe grows up just fine (without a grid on the back of their head). Then I realized I couldn't remember the actual birth and got all upset because I wanted non-medicated and they must have knocked me out if I couldn't remember. DH in the dream said that he asked them to get me some tylenol for the pain. (good boy. LoL. tylenol for childbirth)

Babies are on my mind enough in my waking hours. Do they really need to be there when I'm sleeping too?

I think I found something to be hopeful for. I was examining my calendar for last month's timing of menstruation and when we actually DTD, and found that if I ovulated at the suspected time it was nowhere near when we BD'd. I was out of town in that time for at least 2 days prior and we didn't BD until at least 2 days after. Pretty strong reasoning as to why last month was a no-go for babies.

This month we should be spot on (except that we didn't BD on the day of supposed ovulation).

Just obsessing a bit... getting my hopes up... it's a pleasant feeling of anticipation right now. Likely will drive me nutty by the time AF potentially is to arrive on June 30th.

So where is everyone else in the waiting game??

I am done BD for baby purposes for this month. OH and I have opposite schedules right now and we are lucky if we can BD at all! We managed to Saturday and this morning. Its not the greatest but hopefully it will work. I am CD14 today, and I believe I ovulated either yesterday or today. I am thinking more that I am ovulating today because I have cramps..hopefully the "deposit" from last night is swimming its way up there to meet my egg!
So I am officially in the 2WW now.
We will see how it works out! :)

I am reallllly hoping that its my good ovary thats releasing this month. I only have one fallopian tube so some months are going to be unsuccessful no matter how much we try. All I can do is hope for the good side to ovulate!

My birthday is August 1st and AF is due on the 3rd. Getting a BFP would be a great late birthday present!

Morning :) Lol hena - that cracked me up that you POAS in the airplane loo!

I have all my fingers crossed (thats not bad luck is it) for you ladies to get your BFPs, lord knows we go through enough stress trying!

I am feeling a bit down today, my O day seems so very far away now that my cycles seem to have lengthened. Just waiting even a few more days before can even start seriously B'Ding to try and catch the egg...

Ameronica, My FX for you to have both timing and tube work out this month! Fingers extra extra crossed! It would be a nice bday present!

waiting, A few days does seem like forever. A couple months ago I had a very random long cycle (30 instead of 28) and I'm pretty sure those extra 2 days were at least 48 hrs long. Just keep having fun BDing!

Nothing new to report over here. My body isn't whacky today like it has been the last couple days. If anything, I'm in a fantastic mood today! Have an overall sense of wonderful. These days are going by slow though! I'm only 4DPO? really? :p

I know right!! Im sure each day feels like it should be two or three lol!

BD last night and will do every two nights from now onwards... then in a short 9 days lol will be in the start of the two week wait.. lol.

Prepping, are you going to test in nine days? our waits might be the same length lol.

Hena - How are things going on Holiday??

LoL, I guess our waits are the same length! Fancy that. Can count on AF coming July 30th around 5pm, so if I don't see her then I'll be testing July 31st morning. Technically a 10 day wait. ;)

Still in a great mood... have a really nagging headache though. I don't get headaches. hmmm. :p

LoL, I guess our waits are the same length! Fancy that. Can count on AF coming July 30th around 5pm, so if I don't see her then I'll be testing July 31st morning. Technically a 10 day wait. ;)

Still in a great mood... have a really nagging headache though. I don't get headaches. hmmm. :p

Oooooooh interesting :) have my fingers crossed for you!

Hi all! Just want to let you know I'm checking in on you from my holiday :flower:
I don't really have anything to report excpet that my temp was up again today so I'm still really hopeful that I O'd early :thumbup:

Ameronica it looks like you and I will be testing around the same time if AF doesn't show. Fingers crossed for your best birthday present ever! DH's bday is 28 July so I BFP a few days later would be an amazing gift in our family too!

I love that Prepping and Waiting have the same wait :haha: I hope we all have great news in two weeks' time!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->