• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Buddy while TTC#1

Hahaha perfect! I'm so exhausted today! I feel like I can't keep my eyes open.

Well my "spotting" seems to have gone after 2 days. And today I caved and got a BFN! I should really just wait to see if I get AF, due Sunday. My boobs have been hurting today quite a lot and I had slight cramps but they've gone now. Oh these last few days of the cycle are soooo long!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you girl! Never give up hope. It's always possible!

Hi Ladies! I was wondering if I could join your group.
I am 29 y/o and my DH and I have been TTC for 10 months now. I am currently on CD1 (yay me). I have not been on BCP for 4 years and when I take OPKs when I "should" be ovulating it says I'm not. My doc says that blood work is normal and I should be patient. I was wondering how you guys keep positive during a time like this? I cant help but feel defeated. Any positive advise? Thanks!:hi:

Welcome! It's so hard not to stress and think about it. The best thing I found was just to try and stay busy. It's hard to even do that too. As far as the OPKs I used them for the month before I got pregnant and forgot to go buy them thinking I still had a kit for this past month. I didn't end up using them and that's when i got pregnant. If you can from 10 days on in your cycle try to DTD every other day and when you think you may be ovulating try to do it on that day. If you find the O kits not working then try w/o it one month if you don't mind doing that.

Cupoftea I am so sorry to hear that but there's always next month! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Hello Everyone!

Hope you don't mind me joining this group. I've been TTC for 2 years now. We tried a few different things this cycle and I am now 3DPO. If anyone is near the same DPO as me and wants someone to swap temps and possible symptoms with me, I'd love to!

Hello There!

I'm sorry to hear about the stress :( It's so hard when we want something so bad, and it doesn't seem like we're getting it.

I've found that thinking about all of the medical options help. For example, i'm not a doctor, but I feel like I could try Clomid which not only start ovulation, but I'd have more eggs=more chances for fertilization (I think that's how it works) It seems like there are so many options medically now that I'm not even close to feeling like there's no hope anymore. There's always hope! Maybe try taking out a little bit of time each day to do something you love and that calms you. I hear that acupuncture can help, too! (I've been a bit to scared to try this so far) haha.

Hi Ladies,

So...I'm dealing with some really bad news right now. Here's the story...

I went in the doctor to have blood drawn to confirm my pregnancy on Thursday the 11th. Got a call on Monday telling me to come back in, my HCG was only 44. They tested again and I got a call yesterday from the nurse saying my levels had only gone up to 81 (still low and definitely NOT doubling at the rate they should be), she asked me if I was having any pain, and when I told her I had a strong burning sensation in my lower left abdomen that had turned into sharp pain over the morning she told me to go straight to the emergency room.

So, I spent 10 hours in the hospital waiting and waiting and doing tests and pretty much freaking out. My husband was working and I couldn't get in touch with him. Thank god my mom was able to be there with me or I don't know what I would have done.

In the end the conclusion was basically that they are very concerned the pregnancy is ectopic (they saw something on my ovary but don't know if it's a cyst or could be the pregnancy growing there) but it's too early to tell and they don't want to treat me for that unless they know for sure. The doctors were all really nice, but they didn't leave me with much hope. They said with my HCG rising so slowly (44 on the 11th, 81 on the 15th, 91 on the 17th) the chances of the pregnancy being viable are very slim even if it's not ectopic.

So now we just watch and wait. Going back for more blood work tomorrow and again next week along with another ultrasound.

Obviously my first hope is for it to not be ectopic since that's the most dangerous and also my chances of having a subsequent ectopic would be much higher. But no matter what, the thought of losing this baby is just devastating. I was so overjoyed that it happened so quickly for us, after being told it would take a long time. I know everyone says to be happy to at least know I can get pregnant at all, and it seems silly to be so attached to this little bean after only a couple of weeks, but I was really so happy about it and now just feel devastated. I hate having to just wait and wait knowing I will probably lose it. The TWW feels like the easiest thing ever compared to this.

Anyway, send me good vibes...maybe this one will be a little fighter....

Awww. I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope it is a fighter! I'd feel the exact same way you do in your situation, I'd be attached to it too! I hope it turns out good instead of bad and all a sudden your levels start to rise!! Keep us updated!

Oh my goodness. Katie I'm so so sorry you've been going through this,it must be really hard. Will be praying for you, please do keep us updated. How do they figure out if it's ectopic? When will you know? Loads of love to you xxx

Welcome to the 2 new ladies, hope you enjoy this thread. Islandlife we're the same point in our cycles, so now I have company! Do you think maybe you ovulate at a different time to the norm?

Loveaboveall what are you trying differently this cycle? All the best for your TWW!

Thanks for the pma babydust! How are you doing?

Tina have you started your OPK yet and are you feeling better? Did you get results from the doc?

Yes, welcome ladies! Baby dust to you!

I did start opk, I think today i got an almost positive or a positive so we are going t dtd tonight anyway lol. I am going to take another one in an hour or so. The time i tried to do the sample test nothing would come out, and by the time i went again there was no blood so I havent done it yet, seems like it's trying to go back to normal, my stomach just hurts a little bit so we'll see how it goes.

Katie I am so sorry, but I am sending you good vibes girl! I'm praying your little bean is a fighter and is going to prove all the doctors wrong! That's my biggest fear about not going to the doctors until next thursday. I keep asking what if...my husband is so very excited and I think that is what's keeping me positive.

Cupoftea I'm doing well. Just hosted back to school night where I teach so I'm exhausted to say the least. 13 hours of non stop work lol. I'm not nauseous, my boobs still really hurt and there are times throughout the day where I have to go #2 so suddenly that I have to run to the bathroom if I can find another teacher to cover for me lol...one week until my appointment though.

Hey guys! Just wanted to check in with everyone and see how the weekend has been going?

Weekend has Been Going okay. I still have the diarrhea and cramping and stuff and so I sent my stool sample in last night and I got a call back from a doctor I don't know saying I tested positive for Campylobacter, he left a message cuz I didn't expect a call till at least tomorrow from my own doctor cuz the lady i dropped the sample off with said my doctor would call me with the results, and my doctor said it'd take 3 days for the cultures to grow, so I dunno, and i dunno if any of you know what it is but its A bacteria infection. Imma call my doctor and make an app with her tomorrow to talk about how I still have it and see what we do about it. I feel better knowing it's not cancer or something, yes I'm one of those people who think the worst of everything even tho I don't try to lol

Wow that result did come in very fast. Maybe they put a rush on it for you. Definitely follow up today though! I am one of those people that thinks the worst too lol. Hopefully they can give you something that will help it start clearing up soon though!

The doctor said 12 days was a bit long to have it so she gave me antibiotics and said I should feel better by the end of the week, so I guess we'll see

Oh I'm sorry you've got that, but it must be a relief to know it's not something big and serious. Are you feeling optimistic this cycle? Did the OPKs work ok? I've ordered some but they haven't arrived yet!

Babydust that's so funny about needing to run to the loo! Are you still really busy at school? How's it going?

I'm feeling full of fresh hope this month. Time to get busy soon!

I am trying to be optimistic this month but since I was/am sick it's hard to dtd so we didn't get to as much this month. I had 5 positive days worth of opks so I have no clue when I ovulated or if I have. My phone apps say I was supposed to ovulate the 20th and the other said the 21st so who knows. I'm just going to say I'm in the tww now but we'll probably still dtd tonight just to be safe lol. I am going to use opks next cycle but also start temping and see how that works. Also maybe try pre seed, I hear a lot of good reviews about it.

Hi Girls!

Glad to read everyone's doing pretty well. Sorry you're still sick Tina! I really hope things get better soon for you!

How are things going for you babydust? Will you be having your first ultrasound soon?

Update from me -- been in and out of hospital all week. Betas consistently low and rising at a snail's pace. Ultrasounds kept showing nothing. Friday one of the doctors told me she was pretty confident it was ectopic and wanted to treat me with Methotrexate. Then after consulting with some of the other docs it was decided that it would be safe for me to wait a little bit longer and see how things progressed.

Saturday night I started some light bleeding with some clots. Went back to the hospital today for my scheduled follow up and nothing had changed. Beta up a smidge, u/s still showed nothing in my uterus, small cyst on my left ovary. Again it was decided to wait and see a little longer as it appears I may now just be miscarrying naturally.

Honestly, I've given up hope on this pregnancy turning into a baby for us. It's devastating, but I've accepted it. Now I am just praying this is a natural miscarriage, that is passes quickly so we can get back to trying. I'm just praying it's not an ectopic and I don't have to take the Methotrexate.

Anyway, fingers crossed I'll be back to TTC with all of you who are still trying soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->