CALIFORNIA?

I'm about ready for bed myself, lol... Here's the problem... I get bored at night and respond to a bunch of posts... then in the morning I have a FLOOD of subscriptions to check up on... takes me HOURS :( Lol!!! All because I get bored at night!

ya i know how that is too lol. i do the same i go and read all the unread post then the ones i posted on. in the morning i have lots of post to go back and read pages of

I had 31 one threads to catch up on this morning :dohh: I'm SO getting fired if they see how much time I spend on here!! :rofl:

lol i only had 12...i try to keep it kinda low...thats funny u better not get caught!

I'm not neglecting any duties at work, lol.. just not eagerly looking for anything to do. I'm the accountant here... and had to go through 2 audits this year and am taking a breather after several intense weeks.... of course this breather is a few weeks long already :rofl:

They don't really monitor internet usage.

ure too funny, a breather for weeks! its a good thing they dont moniter ure internet stuff much. do they know ure prego yet? that would be pretty funny if they did decide to check the internet and c ppl r on BNB

Lol, my boss knows I'm pregnant. I think our IT guy is just too swamped with work to even worry about it... the only way I'd get busted is if someone from work were on here, if they set up a camera, installed spy software or someone walked by and saw me on here all the time (they can't see my monitors unless they come in my cubicle though).
We're WAY too busy to worry about babysitting people though, and I do know how to check for at least one type of spy software. I don't think our handbook has an internet usage policy though, we're a small start-up and as long as I'm doing what is asked of me, there shouldn't be any harm done.
LOL
I just know the CEO would FLIP out if he knew how much time I spent at work, not working!!

lol thats good there busy watch some1 else from ure work be on here to and u not know it! jk

Lol, if a coworker is on here, hopefully she'd be understanding enough!! Lol..
Our receptionist used to be horrible at being online all the time... she never hid it and they just gave her work to do anytime they saw her online (she was also the daughter of a high-up employee though, lol so they would be lenient on her)

USMC - where is that in California?

Lol, if a coworker is on here, hopefully she'd be understanding enough!! Lol..
Our receptionist used to be horrible at being online all the time... she never hid it and they just gave her work to do anytime they saw her online (she was also the daughter of a high-up employee though, lol so they would be lenient on her)

USMC - where is that in California?

I am in Southern California, on a Marine Corps base called TwentyNine Palms (I do believe it is the arm pit of California and the Marine Corps!!) We are 2 hours south of Las Vegas in the middle of nothing but sand !! The nearest Walmart (not even Super Walmart) is 40 mins away ! Nothing here but sand and Scorpions and Marines blowing things up ! But this is where my hubby is and that's all that matters to me !:flower:

lisa- ya i would hope so......

usmc- i was just out in the middle of thedesert in johnson valley camping and was saying i would never be able to live out there with nothing to do....i think we go past 29 palms into no where.....its about a 2 hour drive from where i live

Well, its no consolation at all, lol, but we don't have a Target or a Walmart in town... just one Kmart. There have been countless petitions for a Target, but the city won't let them in! :( We do a lot of driving down to Ventura/Oxnard/Thousand Oaks for shopping, lol! I think they have 3 Target stores now in Ventura/Oxnard... just SO unfair :rofl:

o man i dont know what i would do with out target or walmart so close. we have 2 walmarts 2 targets and 1 kmart all with in 10 miles from me. the close walmart and target are about 4 miles and were there all the time. infact my bank is in walmart along with the place i get my nails done lol....love it!!!! i hate the city i live in but like all the stuff so close...

lisa- i think were gonna go to santa barbra in dec. do they do anything around x-mas time like decorations or anything ?

ooooh, we have a Christmas lights tour trolley. You have to get your tickets pretty far in advance... I think they start selling them in October. If you can't get tickets though, you can just download the route and/or follow the trollies, lol!
There are a couple really neat houses... one thats right near my house is always awesome but the trollies don't go by it :( Too much of a detour for one house I guess!

We tried to follow the trollies last year and lost them at one point.... good thing I had the route downloaded so we managed to get back on the trail.
I think there is drinking on the trolley which is pretty neat, lol.. if you're not pregnant that is... but people who live along the route go out wearing santa hats and wave at the trolley!

Have you been to Santa Barbara before at all?
I'll have to think if there are any other events... I know the mission is always pretty neat and I think they probably do some things around the holidays.... nothing like the memorial day chalk art though.

Every Sunday there is an artwalk down at the beach... booths set up with local artists selling their work (both arts and some crafts). We had the caricaturist do our wedding invitations and our Christmas cards, lol! We'll have to keep up that tradition this year but with me super-pregnant, lol! (I photocopied the caricature then colored it in with pencils and uploaded to vistaprint for our christmas cards). I love his style.
There is great pottery and of course paintings/artwork but most of that is way out of my price range!

I feel bad because DH got me this bracelet that cost almost $100 and it broke and we need to get it fixed :( Was kind of a waste of money now that I think about it and feel bad that I asked him to get it for me.

no we have never been there eventhoguh its not to far from us we were talking about it and one way or the other were gonna go down there rather its for oh to get a SA or just for vacation to go c everything(if im already preg. by then) i would love to go c all the light around town....does the mission do the lights all over it? how far is that stuff from the clinic u were telling me about?

the mission in riverside does thousands of lights every year and has all kinds of vedors and ice skating and carrages with horses pulling them its so pretty ...have u ever seen it

Nope, haven't seen the riverside mission stuff. I tend to stick to the coastline and go up north for Christmas or stay here.
DEFINITELY no ice skating our mission!!! LMAO... I don't know that I've looked at it during Christmas much, but its still a working church, so they get a little touchy about being a tourist attraction at times. Most of our big events are summertime ones, lol.

This is a pretty small town really... Goleta is the next town over, the clinic might technically be in Goleta but it is honestly 10 minutes to get from the far end of Goleta to downtown Santa Barbara...not far apart at all.

We have a pier (we call it a wharf, but technically its a pier) which has some restaurants and stuff out on it.. always neat to see. We also have a breakwater around our harbor you can usually walk on. Those its not THAT cold here even in winter, it will be a bit chilly out on the water.

They have fun tours around town, I love hearing all the history and details about things like how much the monthly rent is for a space in the harbor and how long the wait list is to get in there... the even tell you how much the boats cost, lol... and how much the houses cost etc.

We have a wonderful zoo too! There are otter babies that are too young to exhibit right now... penguins, elephants, gorillas etc etc... oh and we have Condors now too...

well maybe 1 yr u guys will have to come down here to c our mission and its pretty nice. we will have to go check out all that stuff and go down to the beach i think we will run out of time to go c everything but we can always go back

lol, its easy to see lots of the stuff here, but yes, you wouldn't enjoy it if you rush around too much!

I'm in Southern CA near Disneyland... anyone want to meet? It would be nice to have pregnancy buddies who are local!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->