Calling all RMA Ladies (1st page updates)

volume 2.8 mL
concentration 79 million
motility 76%
morph 6%

These are the numbers from his SA. I don't know the motility or morph from the iui sample.

I was concerned about the morph (seems low and my friend who ttc'ed for 4 years, their only issue was low morph, 5%).

Doctor originally recommended three iuis, first two with Clomid, last one with injectables.

Don't know if my travel plans, which may means I have to sit out a cycle or two will change things.
Going to discuss the treatment plan with him on April 10th.

Good morning ladies
I'm having a rough morning :witch: showed up before I even had a chance to check for a :bfp:. Called down to report my CD 1 and the doctor called me back already to make sure it was my period and not any spotting since she thought it was kind of early for that. But the cramps and the flow it has to be AF. So now I have to go in Tuesday for my bw and u/s going to do a beta test just in case. We will be starting another round of IUI, we were supposed to go straight for IVF due to my age but I think I'd like to try IUI again. My insurance has unlimited attempts for IUI but only 4 IVF for lifetime. DH and I were talking it over this morning and decided to go for another round. I'm so thankful that's he's so supportive, but all I want to do is cry because I'm disappointed but I know adding that kind of stress isn't any good.
Spreading lots of :dust: to all you beautiful ladies

Jersey - Ihave the same inusrance. 4 lifetime IVFs with unlimited frozen and iuis. I like your plan! One more IUI then IVF. It will happen for us. Think of the BFN as a wash, and get positive for the IUI. xxoo

Jersey - Ihave the same inusrance. 4 lifetime IVFs with unlimited frozen and iuis. I like your plan! One more IUI then IVF. It will happen for us. Think of the BFN as a wash, and get positive for the IUI. xxoo

:hugs: Thank you jchic...we will have our :bfp: hopefully April is our month!!

Jersey, I'm sorry. :-( I know just how you feel. I'm just now starting to rebound from the BFN myself. Jersey, can I ask your age? Was the plan to do one IUI then IVF?

Jchic where are you in your cycle?

I'm still waiting on AF. I think she'll show at some point today - I had a little spotting this morning. I've recalculated my projected cycles based on a slightly longer LP (I think clomid extended it, which makes sense - 2 follies = 2 corpus luteums = more progesterone = longer LP). Anyway, if history repeats itself and my cycles stay similar lengths, it looks like IVF will be a go in June and not July, which makes me happy. Right now I think I'm looking at 2 IUIs with clomid, then a natural cycle (boo), then one injectable cycle, then IVF starting in June (assuming long protocol).

:bfp::witch:
Jersey, I'm sorry. :-( I know just how you feel. I'm just now starting to rebound from the BFN myself. Jersey, can I ask your age? Was the plan to do one IUI then IVF?

Jchic where are you in your cycle?

I'm still waiting on AF. I think she'll show at some point today - I had a little spotting this morning. I've recalculated my projected cycles based on a slightly longer LP (I think clomid extended it, which makes sense - 2 follies = 2 corpus luteums = more progesterone = longer LP). Anyway, if history repeats itself and my cycles stay similar lengths, it looks like IVF will be a go in June and not July, which makes me happy. Right now I think I'm looking at 2 IUIs with clomid, then a natural cycle (boo), then one injectable cycle, then IVF starting in June (assuming long protocol).

:hugs: Thank you Daisyq I'm going to be 38 in June I do have a DS who is going to be 17 next month he's my heart!! When DH and I had our consultation with the RE she said we can try the FSH/IUI but thought we would be more successful with IVF with my age. And the RE is the one who called back this morning and said it was kind of early for the :witch: but a woman knows her body so on to cycle # 2 and I'm hoping and praying that April will be our month. Wish you a lots of :dust:

Thanks Jersey. Wishing you tons and tons of :dust: as well!

Oh and :witch: just arrived here too. We are cycle buddies!

Oh and :witch: just arrived here too. We are cycle buddies!

Sorry about the :witch: DaisyQ....well, cycle buddy we're in this one together....Here's to April being our month and both of us AND ALL THE OTHER AWESOME LADIES... getting out :bfp:

I will definitely keep you posted and let you know how Tuesday's appointment goes!! Keeping fingers crossed for you!!

:dust: :dust:

Hi All, How are you today? Hope you had a great weekend! So AF arrived today full force, so I am calling in my day 1 right now. I am not upset about it though, because this cycle we will do IUI with injectables (which I think will be a wash because of our morph and endo issue) but then onto IVF! So after this upcoming cycle, we start the estradil, etc, then IVF in late May I think (which is when the next period will be done!). I cant wait!

Hi All, How are you today? Hope you had a great weekend! So AF arrived today full force, so I am calling in my day 1 right now. I am not upset about it though, because this cycle we will do IUI with injectables (which I think will be a wash because of our morph and endo issue) but then onto IVF! So after this upcoming cycle, we start the estradil, etc, then IVF in late May I think (which is when the next period will be done!). I cant wait!

Hi Jchic....you're excitement is definitely contagious good luck this cycle, you never know!!! :dust: to you and to all the ladies

volume 2.8 mL
concentration 79 million
motility 76%
morph 6%

These are the numbers from his SA. I don't know the motility or morph from the iui sample.

I was concerned about the morph (seems low and my friend who ttc'ed for 4 years, their only issue was low morph, 5%).

Doctor originally recommended three iuis, first two with Clomid, last one with injectables.

Don't know if my travel plans, which may means I have to sit out a cycle or two will change things.
Going to discuss the treatment plan with him on April 10th.

I had to look back at dh sa's to try to figure out what normal morph & motility are. My dh has motility 41% (avg 50%) and morph 14% (avg 30%) and his last count was 20 mil so doing the math I think, he would have 7-8 mil viable sperm.
Your dh based on the avgs I have would be about 19-20 mil viable sperm, based on the 79mil sample, but that could be a lot more when his count gets over 100mil which it has. I don't think he is too far below average (40mil) so you could still get a natural BFP. I wish I had gone over these sa reports with someone bc it is very confusing :shrug:

Jchic & Jersey - Great insurance! I am very jealous. My insurance covers up to $10,000 of IVF lifetime so 1/2 of the 1st basically and then we are on our own. My dh insurance covered 0% of anything fertility so we switched to mine which covers a lot of the testing, medications, bw, u/s & IUI's. We're just screwed with the IVFs. Hopefully I get my BFP this cycle and I can put it behind me. I don't feel pg at all but I'm not out yet until the witch comes.

Jchic, you're welcome... I'm feeling ok, very crampy, actually haven't felt this crampy since I'm a teenager..
Marie, I'm very lucky with the insurance, my company was sold last year to a corporation from NJ, and I believe, not too sure though that NJ mandates some sort of fertility coverage, so we jumped at this opportunity, otherwise, I'm not sure we could even cover the costs of the meds. Don't count yourself out...if the witch didn't arrive you are still in hoping and praying for you!! Lots and lots of :dust:

Jchic, you're welcome... I'm feeling ok, very crampy, actually haven't felt this crampy since I'm a teenager..
Marie, I'm very lucky with the insurance, my company was sold last year to a corporation from NJ, and I believe, not too sure though that NJ mandates some sort of fertility coverage, so we jumped at this opportunity, otherwise, I'm not sure we could even cover the costs of the meds. Don't count yourself out...if the witch didn't arrive you are still in hoping and praying for you!! Lots and lots of :dust:

Hi Jersey! Yes I work in HR and NJ has a new mandate for fertility coverage if you have over 50 employees. It literally is pretty new, so good thing you hopped on it!

Ugh, I hate cramps, they are the worst! I have bad cramps today too. Day 1 and 2 are always the worst for me.

Thanks Marie. Well, I know that dh isn't totally infertile or anything, as he has two children from a previous marriage. One was conceived on Clomid, and one was conceived naturally while taking a break from IVF, the cycle after a HSG. I don't know the details, but it sounds like the issue may have been more with the ex than with my husband, but who knows.

I'm totally stressing about my 10k max fertility benefit. It includes iui AND IVF. I'm kind of screwed I think. Going to talk to my doc about the most cost effective way to make this happen. I'm so scared we won't have much coverage after these iuis.

Daisy - I think you should talk to you doc about the best course of action for getting prego. Maybe 1 more IUI then IVF perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->