Calling October Mums-to-be

i have given up watching TV as everything sets me off.. its terrible.. that with the spots makes me feel like a hormonal teenager, but with the body of a little old lady as I am starting to get some hip pain with the lack of ability to bend...

Oh the joys

I cried at DH going out the door this morning! He even offered to come home early and has instructed me to text him if I change my mind and want him home. I told him to go as his self employed so no work means no pay and if he is going to have 2 weeks off soon then he needs go today.

Bless you I have oh working from home at the minute which is good in someways but not others cause he irritates me sometimes xx

I don't like tuesdays anyway as he works longer and further away.

Alright ladies I need some help. I had my sweep on Tuesday and of course like I thought nothing came of it. Well last night I was tossing and turning and having period like cramps. Not sure if it was just gas or labor pains. Anyways get ready TMI I woke up and had really lose bowels and I wiped and had a bunch of brownish red mucus on the paper. Not sure if this was my bloody show or just left over from my sweep being that there was more brownish then red.. Still having some cramping but nothing too bad. What do you all think? Thanks in advance.

Its hard to say, like you said it could be that it was left from when she did the sweep, but it also sounds quite good that you have had more and are having some pains too. I guess its a case of waiting it out and seeing what happens.
Good Luck

The thing is in my prior pregnancies after my sweeps I never had anything like this happen. I don't want to get my hopes up but I am thinking I may finally get my natural birth this time. Fingers crossed. There was quite a bit of mucus.:happydance:

I had a sweep on Wednesday, she said I was very favourable. Could easily break my waters and feel baby's head. I lost some mucus plug yesterday. And other than contractions that start and then fizzle out I've had nothing. My 48 hours is up in 2.5 hours - was so hoping it would have done something by now!

Hope it's the start of something for you :)

I had a sweep on Wednesday, she said I was very favourable. Could easily break my waters and feel baby's head. I lost some mucus plug yesterday. And other than contractions that start and then fizzle out I've had nothing. My 48 hours is up in 2.5 hours - was so hoping it would have done something by now!

Hope it's the start of something for you :)

Yes I was losing hope too but my 48 hours is up in about 4 and 1/2 hours, but I am thinking if I did lose my plug it could happen soon. I havearead on a few other posts that after you lose your plug it is another 48 hour window buy who knows. All I know is I never had any of this with my first two so it is hard for me not to get excited over this stuff.

I didn't have this with my first either. No major loss of mucus plug, no bloody show. Just started having period pains and then they turned into full blown contractions. Wouldn't mind if it happened in the next 48 hours at all ;) Pretty over the half arsed contractions!

I think the 48 hour rule is only after you get your bloody show (if you get it) as your plug can regenerate. That's how I understood it anyway.

I was lucky that my sweep with DS1 worked and he was born the next day, and when I went in for a sweep with DS3 I was already 3-4cm and he was born the same day.
DS2 didn't require any nudging along, in fact he wouldn't even wait for DH to get there! And ever since he has been far too eager to do things earlier and quicker than he was supposed to LOL
I have been hoping DS4 will follow the pattern and arrive a little early, but he its looking less and less likely now we are into single figures.

I think I'll just give up hoping. She'll be here 21st via c-section at the latest so not that long to wait. It's just disheartening every time the contractions don't pan out.

How's everyone feeling? Today I feel like I am so exhausted, I want to clean house but I feel as though I have no energy. I am hoping this is a good sign but it is probably just a sign of being heavily pregnant lol. I am still losing brown pieces of what I think is plug and if I did indeed have my "show" like I am hoping I did I have about 18 left for something to happen. Fingers crossed for something more to happen.

I feel resigned to going over now. I know I still have 5 days, and I know from previous pregnancies I had no signs labour was coming so I don't know why I'm obsessing over signs. I hope he will just be a few days late. Say next weekend.
I'm very achy, hips, back, groin, its making walking difficult and I'm exhausted from being up every hour with heart burn last night.
Busy day today though, no time to be tired, got DS2s 6th birthday to prepare for tomorrow and family to visit today.

2 days over and no signs :(. Im so scared. Looks like.im being induced on the 22nd. X

Hello ladies, may i join you? I was a November sparkler but I am now having an October pumpkin...just Had my c-section booked yesterday for October 31st, so my lo will probably be the last baby born on this thread. I am having a section due to a shoulder dystocia and third degree tear on my first dd, so now its all booked I am on countdown! looking forward to reading about everybody's experiences x

Welcome Welsh mtb. How great to have a definite date! It must bring some peace of mind as well knowing there wont be a repeat of any problems from last time.

I think all my signs went away. I am guessing what I thought was my show was just plug from my sweep. I feel baby's head grinding on my pubic bone and have had some contracrions here and there but it looks as though this baby is going to take after her brother's before her and have to be forced out. October 22 here I come.:nope:

Congratulations to everyone thats had their babies in the last few days! There seems to be something in the air! Can i have my baby now please......... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->