Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

I guess depending on how much he eats, for some reason I missed that he was only 6 months... If he was happy just nursing while sick then that's fine, but if he is wanting solids still then items from the brat diet should be used. All it is is guidlines to help avoid foods that would disrupt the gut more.

But still, its a bit off to say the brat diet is 'only' for adults.

I wouldn't say its just for adults either. I've used it with Claire and its worked great. Just personally wouldn't do it if there hadn't been established weaning... we hadn't even given bread/bananas/apples when Claire was 6 months old. :hugs:

We did veggies first, and waited for breads etc as there's a gluten allergy that runs in P's side of the family. :flower:

We started weaning him around 5 months so he's had that stuff by now, well apart from the toast. We started with plain baby rice and veg too. I find keeping him on some pureed apple & banana and baby rice lessens it, he may only have 1 or 2 bouts of diarrhea that day rather than 4. I just hope it ends soon! It's been a hard couple of weeks for us.

Hope he is feeling better soon Maggs :( I always find having a sick young child, worse a baby, to be really hard, you feel so helpless because you can't just go grab many over the counter remedies for them. Big hugs mama! Hope you feel better soon too :(

Today I feel like if someone were to hack my arm off above the elbow, I'd consider it an act of mercy. My arm is wobbly even in the air cast and it hurts everytime it moves. Of course, because I have no callous formation on the x-ray and it's not really healing well my dad had to toss in that I get up to 6 months to heal and then it's a bone graft. Thanksssssssss dad. I can't even imagine having this for 6 months. I just feel like I'm tired of this, I miss my life, and what's the point in doing this all for a shitty scarred up arm that barely works. :(

:hugs: Maggs you poor thing and poor Jack to :(

I hope you both feel better soon :hugs:

:hugs: Tasha I hope that the pain has eased off some

Did you read the GoT books Maggs? Surely I can't be the only one here who hasn't read them :lol:

Thanks everyone so much for your well wishes! I managed another slice of dry toast and 1/2 banana a bit ago. Have a bit of cottage cheese in there that I'd love to have but don't dare!

Vickie--I've just started the first GoT book. Only about 30 pages into it or so.

Tasha--what happened to your arm??

Tasha- Its horrible about your arm. I really hope it heals and fast.

Hey kittens!
Long day of house-buying errands and chores.
I think we are officially celebrating tonight! :)
Things are pretty ironclad at this point, so I think we're safe to open a bottle of bubbly! :happydance:

Husband and I are trying to decide if we are going to be Easter Bunnies tonight or not. I am working Fri-Sun at the Zoo (penguin duty! bliss!!), so tomorrow is really the only relaxed family day for an egg hunt. Hmmmmm. Decisions! :)

Poor Maggs - you have my hugest sympathies - gastro bugs were not even on my radar until I had kids, and I work in schools and theoretically have lots of exposure. As soon as Simon was old enough to hit the playgroup scene, we started to get episodes. :sick: Hope you both start to feel better soon. :hugs:

:hugs: Tasha I can't imagine how much this sucks. :(

Having a crappy day here. I'm sick and when I took Clara to the dr this morning hoping for reflux meds, he said she's just gassy. :brat:

Amanda - how frustrating. Especially if you are fairly certain that is what is going on. :growlmad: I appreciate that some doctors are maybe trying to avoid meds if possible, but I think there needs to be a certain level of trusting the parents and their observations, you know?

And Tasha - meant to say - the bone grafting done on my knee when they were reconstructing my ACL was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. Just what you want to hear, eh? :haha: But sharing because I kind of know what you are going through. It is really appallingly painful. Hoping you start to heal soon and don't need that. :hugs:

Amanda that sucks :( I agree with Sarah about trusting parents' instincts and observations. Wishing you a peaceful evening / night :hugs:

Nat/Maggs... I was in a car accident Feb. 10th, the driver was texting while making a turn and hit a pole head on. I broke my right arm, dislocated my wrist, chipped teeth and had a few scrapes. I had to have surgery to put 2 pins into my wrist and a plate with 6 screws into my radius. I was in a cast nearly 7.5 weeks, it just came off Monday. My wrist healed pretty well but my arm has really not healed at all yet.

Thanks. I mean I could certainly be wrong about the reflux. I guess it's just that no one wants to hear that their baby has colic and they just have to be patient. I mean I've tried the Ovol drops, gripe water ect. My dr suggested fennel tea, so I'm trying that too. But basically he said she'll just grow out of it. Great.

We might catch you at the Zoo this weekend Sarah. If the line up is decent we'll pop in to see the penguins.

Vickie- love the new pic!

Feel better Maggs

Amanda that sucks about the gas! Anna was and still is very gassy.

Well its snowing and we're "suppose" to get 15-20 cm tonight.:rolleyes:

We might catch you at the Zoo this weekend Sarah. If the line up is decent we'll pop in to see the penguins.

Vickie- love the new pic!

Feel better Maggs

Amanda that sucks about the gas! Anna was and still is very gassy.

Well its snowing and we're "suppose" to get 15-20 cm tonight.:rolleyes:

Make sure you say hi!!!
I'll be on mic doing penguin interp most of the time, but I get a few breaks. But even if I'm talking, grab me and say hi! :)

Um, just want to officially register my protest at the driving snow flying past my window on APRIL 4!!!!!!!! :grr: :growlmad: :grr: :cold: :cry:

Thanks Sandra :)

I hope you and Sarah get to meet this weekend!

I hope you can avoid the bone graft Tasha :(

:hugs: Maggs glad you were able to keep something down.

I'm still in the middle of the WoT series (re-reading it actually) and after that there is a SoT book out there that follows Richard's and Kahlan's journey after the last book that I want to read. Maybe if I can get all that read I'll start GoT :rofl:

Congrats on the house Sarah! :yipee: Glad the inspection and everything has gone well :)

:hugs: Amanda, sorry that you couldn't get the meds :(

I say do the egg hunt tomorrow, it'd be nicer to have it without having to rush around. Just my two cents though :)

Sorry about your troubles Amanda! Peyton had really bad reflux... I went to our family doctor, plus 2 different pediatricians... The current standards are unfortunately set to try and avoid reflux medications for young infants... I was told that they are actually required to do a barium swallow and testing to confirm reflux before they gave any meds out.... Unless the infant is really underweight and not thriving.

I feel your pain, Peyton (jasmine too) were really fussy and pukey. Peyton puked every 5 minutes for the first 8 months of his life.... seriously.

Sarah- congrats again!!!!!!!

All sounds very exciting Sarah!! The house & the penguins LOL Any elephants at the zoo? If there is, I'll be right over! I love elephants :)

Tasha--hope you feel better soon! What a horrible car accident. I assume you were in the car that the driver was texting? I'm always forever telling off my DH for checking his phone when he's driving, especially with Jack in the car now. Pisses me off!

Wow about the reflux meds! It seems over here they give it out to anyone and everyone who complains of their baby being upset in any way! I have reflux and have done for about 10 years now and it bloody well is painful! Is she spitting up loads or just crying and in pain a lot? The poor dear! Get a second opinion maybe? Could you raise the mattress in her crib slightly, that's one of the biggest things they suggest to me.

Edit: Forgot to add that last night, Jack woke about 10 mins after DH puts him down. I personally think he rocks him a bit, cause he always wakes loads more when he puts him down compared to when I do...but anyway! So went upstairs to check on him, gave him a little cuddle and he was having none of it. So I put him down and turned on my Ellie...it was a stuffed elephant I had when I was a baby and it has a music box in the back. He fell asleep with it...second night in a row. Glad I've kept Ellie all these years! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->