Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

oh haha tiff, I would like to get the kids a rabbit or something once our house is sold! Its good to know that they seem to be a good pet. I was thinking of a guiney pig too because they are apparently really easy to care for.

I will never buy a hampster hahaha... All I remember from when I was a kid was getting bitten by any hampster I came across.

Bunnies really aren't that bad! :) You can also litter train them so they won't pee and whatnot if they are out of the cage. They might poop though, just as a warning. But the poop is dry pellets so easy to clean up.

My cat ate my hampster when I was younger!! It was my sister's fault she left her bedroom door open at night and somehow didn't hear my cat completely knock over the hamster cage? :haha:

oh haha tiff, I would like to get the kids a rabbit or something once our house is sold! Its good to know that they seem to be a good pet. I was thinking of a guiney pig too because they are apparently really easy to care for.

I will never buy a hampster hahaha... All I remember from when I was a kid was getting bitten by any hampster I came across.

I've heard guinea pigs are quite a good pet when you have young children, clean and quiet I think. Not too expensive. Definitely a lot less work than a cat or a dog, and less chance of explaining death so frequently if you end up getting a tankful of fish instead!!

My sister had guinea pigs when little. I don't like them. They are a lot of work. Lots of cage cleaning and they are very annoying and loud. I had a rabbit who we litter trained. Way easier then a guinea pig in my opinion :)

Oh and they do bite and it really really hurts.

Maggs- your in laws sound very much like mine!

My sister had guinea pigs when little. I don't like them. They are a lot of work. Lots of cage cleaning and they are very annoying and loud. I had a rabbit who we litter trained. Way easier then a guinea pig in my opinion :)

Oh and they do bite and it really really hurts.

Maggs- your in laws sound very much like mine!

Aren't we blessed then!! :rolleyes:

Very blessed.

Mine were over last week and some how the cold and Anna's 5ths traveled over to my sil and made them sick. Although we live 2 hrs apart and haven't seen them in months :rolleyes:

Very blessed.

Mine were over last week and some how the cold and Anna's 5ths traveled over to my sil and made them sick. Although we live 2 hrs apart and haven't seen them in months :rolleyes:

Shame on you!! :rofl: Did you send any mail to them, maybe the germs were on the stamp you licked!! Does your OH agree with you on your hatred or do you have to suffer alone? Guess I'm lucky my hubby agrees with me. He often says if his Mom was still alive, she wouldn't up with all this shit.

Ugh I'm not interested in any pet that requires cage cleaning :sick:

Actually I don't really want any pet ... my hands are full enough right now!

haha I am soon going to have as many kids as you amanda :D I love pets though... Some people just arn't pet people.

Maggs- ya we have a dog and a cat... plus my horse and pony :D Our dog is old though, I will not be looking forward to the day we have to put him down and break my kids little hearts. He is so sweet and my kids love him!

If we are in the country I was some chickens too... I love fresh eggs :D

I think its a bit different when each kids age are spaced out, rather than having two the same age and one not that much older than the other two!!! :haha:

What's everyone doing for Easter? :flower: Any fun egg/chocolate/toys/craft hunts?

We're having our Easter dinner tomorrow, Sunday will be a write off as my stepson has Rugby practice in the morning and then it's a mad rush to get things done in the afternoon before he goes home. Got some easter bags done up with jelly beans, mini eggs and chocolate to put at our place settings. They don't do easter bunny/baskets here really. I bought a little toy for Jack as he's not eating junk yet. My Mom mailed us easter cards with an egg decorating thing in it for my stepson too. That's about it planned I think!

Went to an Easter egg hunt & won prizes! Incl. a $300 soccer birthday party for next year! Then we visited my grandma, I'm having an allergic reaction somehow :wacko: But Andrew's grandma is improving :happydance: We can visit tomorrow

:yipee: Glad to hear his grandma is improving! And that's awesome that you won things at the egg hunt :mrgreen:

Glad you are feeling better today Maggs! Your in-laws sound lovely :roll: Mine aren't great but at least the (few) times they have been around Hannah they (somewhat) show interest in her :rofl:

No guinea pigs for me. Actually I don't want any rodent type animal or reptile or even a dog really though I'd be more likely to give into the dog than the other two :rofl: I'm a cat person, we have two cats (got them a few years before Hannah so they had passed the manic kitten stage) and I'm happy enough to leave it with just the two of them.

No way would I have gotten an animal after Hannah though if we hadn't already had these two, at least until she got a bit older so I can completely understand where you are coming from Amanda (and I only had the one!)

We are doing our own thing for Easter (surprise surprise :lol:). Tomorrow we're going to dye eggs and I have some sugar cookie dough to make cookies with Hannah if we have time (otherwise I'll do it on Sunday). I also want to go to the store and we need to clean--I don't want to have to do that Easter day! And Sunday will hopefully be nice and relaxing with her hunting eggs and if the weather is nice a playground run or two.

oh and for Easter gifts we got her a new sand toy (it's really cool, I can't wait to play with it :rofl:) and some cheap bits and bobs from the dollar shop in No Frills to stuff eggs with plus a bit of candy of course :rofl:

haha well my kids arn't all that spaced out... 22 months bettween each and having to deal with sleep deprivation and age related hurdles 3 times LOL... This is definately the last though, I will not have had any sleep for like 6 years by the time the last one is 2!

But in regards to pets, I do think people have different comfort levels with what they want to look after :D Some people enjoy certain animals, some just don't.

We might go to an easter egg hunt tomorow... we have another house showing in the morning... then in the afternoon we will be heading to my cousins house for our family dinner and then sunday will be our dinner with toms family.

Just kidding!
Although I think I did give about 3000 penguin talks today.
And will do the same tomorrow and the next day.

Tiff - no wonder bunny and girl look so pleased with each other. He's gorgeous! And so is she! Lovely pics!

Maggs - charming in-laws! Not sure what I would do if I had to put up with that. :( Yikes!

I have two cats, but I would love to add a big floppy bunny like that. I like to think that I would also keep chickens, but that might be my inner barnhearted farmgirl who only exists in my imagination? As in I love the idea of them, not sure how I'd handle the reality? :haha:

chickens are actually really easy to care for once they are set up... and the eggs are waaaaaay yummier! If you get chicks and hand raise them they are super friendly as well. One of my girlfriends has a variety that lay different colored eggs etc... One of them are super fluffy and cute too haha

hahaha vickie, unfortunately I highly doubt chickens would be legal in your parts :D Stan is out of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->