Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

:rofl: Sorry to disappoint Melissa

I hope Elliot's ear infection clears up soon :( that must be miserable for him (and you!)

I would run if I heard Hannah utter those words to :rofl: Thank God that for right now she's hair obsessed as well. Though one day she did ask me to give her a buzz cut like daddy and I said I don't think so :haha:

and I hope Tobe feels better and you and DH can still go on your date Sarah :hugs:

Ugh...Rant moment alert!!! DH's stepsister is turning 30 next month. She was horribly upset that her Mom didn't seem to be planning anything for her and ranted to me about it. Without us knowing, they were in fact planning a big family BBQ. So FIL called us the other night and said they're having this BBQ for her b'day, it's a surprise, etc. I said well that's the weekend DH, Jack and I are away. I've got friends coming from Nova Scotia over to Manchester and they're coming up as far as Blackpool so we're going down to have a weekend there with them. I'm so f***ed off...we're both very close to my SIL and of course they just have to plan it even when they knew we were away. And no they can't change it now. So once again we're left out in the cold, shunned...I guess MIL will be happy seeing as how she hates us anyway! I'm so upset about it all!! :cry: We've had this weekend away planned for months now, hotel is booked and it's not like it's just a weekend away casually. We're visiting some of my best friends who I haven't seen in a year that are coming thousands of miles. It will be the first time meeting Jack too.

i hate it when people do that sort of thing Maggs. it seems that they take everyone elses stuff into consideration and completely shut you out. i know you can't please everyone all the time, but its worth the effort to accomodate close family!!

Wow! Don't think I've seen this thread go 2 days without posts. LOL.

Just wanted to say that we're getting our "Circle of Friends" tickets to give out to friends/family at Gymboree. Its good for 30% off everything in the store, including clearance. I've still got a roll of stamps left over from the wedding, if anyone wants one send me your addy and I'll pop them in the mail.

:flower: Hope everyone is doing well!

:rofl: OMG Hannah just told me (after eating her breakfast) that she'd really like some ice cream :haha: Nice try kiddo!

Not much going on here. We are cleaning today...boring but needs to be done :rofl:

Wow, hello guests!!!

https://xe9.xanga.com/a93f972722130281711564/b224491420.jpg

LOL! Just all those folks wanna-be Canadians cause we're such a good bunch :haha:

LO woke at 5:15 this morning, moaned a bit and fell back to sleep till about 6. In that time, I dozed back off and dreamt that I was back home and we all met up. I just remember us all being in a car with our kids. I don't know what car was big enough to fit us all though!! Wish I could remember more though. It was funny!

guess we're very popular :lol:

It was a night for weird dreams Maggs! :rofl:

It would be awesome to meet up :( I wish we had a car so we could do more meetups with those in our area

It would be cool! Shame when I'm home...I'm very far on the East Coast! Been to Ottawa once but that's as far as I've gone out west.

What a weekend....F*CK! Pretty much sums it up!!! Will be glad when Jack goes to bed, might just have a stiff drink or two!

:rofl: Tiff love the screen shot! When was that!? Right now I'm the only member and there's zero guests looking at the thread. All by myself :)

Sorry you're having a tough weekend Maggs :hugs:

Vickie if you don't have that boy soon there's going to be nothing left to clean in your house!!!

:hugs: Sorry you're having a rough weekend Maggs :(

I wish we could meet up when you come across to!

:rofl: No kidding Melissa, I was just thinking today that this is the cleanest our house has ever been and there's no one around to see it! :haha:

Oh I downed a beer and just sat and relaxed tonight with hubby! Vickie--our house was the same. Apart from the fact that because the midwife thought Jack was going to go overdue, I didn't have quite everything down I wanted to. Left my nesting too late I guess :)

Was being all Canadian-nostalgic tonight. Showing DH some Blue Rodeo, Spirit of the West & Great Big Sea on youtube. Jack and I watch Raffi and we sing along. I can't wait till he's old enough to break out the classic Mr. Dressup DVD's I got from Avon years ago!!

:rofl: Well I decided I really don't want people over because they'd just make my house dirty!

I really don't know that I have anything left that I really have to get done, we'll see though, the urges seem to randomly strike :haha:

Thanks Tiff. I'm so excited! I've got $50 gift card for the twins at Gymboree, but when I went to look I was disappointed that there's barely any outfits I can get for $25 per girl. Maybe with 30% off I'll have better luck.

No problem. :flower:

I mentioned it in my journal, but Gymboree LIVES off of its "Legendary Service" guarantee. Every Gymboree has MASSIVE stock in their back room (its what they put on all those sales/etc in the bins and whatnot). If you go into one and aren't picky if they're wearing the newest, latest line you can absolutely ask the sales associate on the floor to find something in the back for you.

It definitely helps if you give the size and what you are looking for (dresses, cute outfits etc) or if you have an idea from a previous line name (Growing Flowers, Winter Penguin, Holiday Panda etc) and they'll go back and grab a bunch of stuff.

Normally this stuff is massively reduced so you get a great price and the store managers free up space in the back which is awesome for them too. :thumbup:

ETA - If any of you do happen to go into Gymboree and ask them to do this and they don't, definitely contact GymboreeListens.com. Its their creed to go above and beyond (in any way possible) for a customer with nothing but the best smile and happy demeanour. Anything less and they'll start sending secret shoppers into the store once a month until they get up to "standard".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Melissa - It was just after I posted about the Gymboree Circle of Friends thing. I went back to view Vickie's post and was like :shock: ha ha ha.

Then after I took the screenshot and posted it the amount of guests were up to 30! :rofl: I was able to search a few of them, I think they were advert spiders.

I start my job tomorrow!!!!!
And I have had a week of cleaning and sorting that might just rival the nesting frenzy going on a Vickie's! :haha:
Both boys have been playing outside all day everyday while this warm sunny weather is here and they are staggering with exhaustion by bedtime, so hopefully we're going to have a quiet evening and I can wake up feeling somewhat rested for my first day of work. Famous last words...? :dohh:
Anyway, it feels freaking awesome to have so much sorted and ready to be picked up for charity, and huge amounts packed already.
Maggs - shitty about your SIL's birthday plans and hope the weekend wasn't too brutal!
Tiff - :shock: at the weird net-stalker bargain hunting going on! Kind of creepy. Like professional eavesdropping technology, eh? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->