Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Aww good job for jack! Sounds like he will be mobile pretty soon

Good morning!
I'm in a good mood this morning because we had our election last night in Alberta and the far right Wildrose party did not unseat our centre right government. Whew. It felt like a close one.
First day at work was awesome! :happydance: Everyone was totally cool with me not being able to get childcare for today, so it's all good. Both boys have my cold, so I am actually grateful to have a day at home for them.
I am also in a ridiculously good mood because I have cleared out so much crap over the last week and it's all waiting outside for pickup! Woohoo! De-cluttering! What joy! :)

Morning!

I'm waiting until 11 to call and see if work needs me today. Its also snowing like a mofo up here. :wacko: We've got ground accumulation too! Of course, FB feed is exploding over the snow. Its the end of April! Its not going to stay! :rofl:

Glad you had a good day at work Sarah!

I heard you were having an election Sarah--thanks to the world of Facebook. I hadn't looked to see what the results were though. I'll have to go look now as I'm nosy. Nova Scotia has an NDP government at the moment, or at least I think we still do. First time ever! Sorry to hear the boys have colds. Hope you all feel better soon!

Tiff--Hi ya! Online at the same time :) I hear you're getting snow, again thanks to FB world. An old school friend of mine lives in TO and she's complaining that she wasn't getting snow yet! haha

:haha: gotta love posting at the same time!

Yeah, I find out more things via Facebook than anything else. :rofl:

no snow here yet either :rofl: Hoping it stays away so I can sucker Stan into picking up Subway for lunch :angelnot:

Good job on decluttering Sarah! I hope that the boys feel better soon.

I'm on cold watch for Hannah, she's got a bit of a runny nose and just looks a little off to me. It could be allergies though (she generally gets them around the time the tree in our yard blooms) or an off nights sleep

Keep your snow please :lol:

It's cool and overcast here but I've wrapped myself up in my heated blanket lol

I always have a bright side to crappy weather - Nathan can't work or golf :lol:

:rofl: Melissa!!

still no snow here so maybe we won't get any.

We've been having some runny noses here but I think it's just more to do with the sudden weather/temp drop the past couple days

Its freezing rain/snowing here, streets are shut down due to accidents and watermain breaks :rofl:

You'd think we were unused to snow! I think the heatwave we got back in March made everyone up here soft. :dohh:

Stan was commenting on how people have probably all taken their snow tires off by now :rofl: I'll tell him he was right :lol:

Funny! I said the same thing last night! :rofl: Although its all melted now and thankfully isn't the 8+ inches they were calling for.

You guys sound like you are experiencing Alberta weather! :)

Maggs - meant to say, it sounds like you won't have long before you'll be running after that baby! :)

I'm on a crazy roll right now! Another day of superproductivity, against all odds. I have two very grumpy, sick toddlers, and yet I managed to get all sorts of chores done at horribly child-unfriendly places like banks, lawyers, insurance, etc. Kind of amazed at the fact that I just killed my To Do List for today! :yipee:
I feel like we earned a bit of a breather with all the packing and sorting of the past week. Going to relax and focus a bit more on my new job and outdoor fun with ma boys! So keep yer snow, Ontario! :cold: :haha:

Very productive day Sarah!! Hope everyone's babies feel better soon.

I was figuring that too Vickie--imagine by now all the snow tires will be gone.

Well our weather is still weird as always, rain, hail, sun then cloud and repeat.

Well I sat down yesterday and made a rough estimate of money in and money out when I start back to work and I'm going to be *gulp* short about half!! In order to break even, I'd probably have to manage picking up 35-40 hrs a week and my contract is only about 20. So guess after I come back from Nova Scotia this summer, I'll have to sell my car and try to find a job in the village. Because the more I work, the more I'll have to pay for gas & childcare so I have no way of knowing even if working 40 hrs a week would leave me anything at the end of the month. How depressing :( Plus in October, my marriage visa is up so I have to apply for my permanent leave to remain in the UK and that'll cost me around another £1000!

wow that's expensive in regards to the Visa :shock: We paid probably $1500 total for my PR status and I do need to renew it but that's only going to cost $50 I believe. We will apply for Canadian (well dual) citizenship once everything settles down from having Rhys :rofl:

I hope you can find something in the village that will work out for you :hugs:

I think its awesome that the states still allows dual citizenship. :thumbup: I always thought it was screwy of Canada to force my ex boyfriend's sister to choose between either being a Canadian citizen or be an American citizen (her parents split and her mother ended up marrying an American).

:nope: She refused to renounce her Canadian Citizenship so she has Landed Resident Alien status or something like that. :wacko: Its a wonky practice and she has to go through a bunch of red tape BS to keep it.

I think I could get dual citizenship if I wanted but not looked into the cost or details of it. Probably because Canada is part of the UK commonwealth. Funny though we were looking at jobs in Canada for hubby last night. He's always said when his older boy is old enough, he would move us over there. Actually there were two jobs he could have applied for, one in TO and one in Calgary.

I hope I can find something here too Vickie. There are a few pubs, a couple of convenience stores and take-out shops, council & health centre offices, a co-op, a school, gas station, recreation centre and 2 nursing homes. So pretty good for a large village. I know it's not glamorous but I'd rather work at the co-op for 20 hrs a week and have money then drive 30 miles and have nothing. Even though I love my job, my Jack is more important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->