Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

If it changes and I can't get dual citizenship I'll continue on with PR status :lol:

I don't think that the States likes it but last I read up on it it was still permitted. Anyways if it came to it I wouldn't give up my citizenship.......

TO would be awesome Maggs ;)

:hugs: it must be hard trying to figure out money and work etc. :(

Pretty sure it was Canada that were the anal-retentive ones, not the States. :thumbup:

Maggs - I'm the same. I used to make a LOT of money being a Team Leader in a factory but I couldn't go back after I had Claire. So now its not about what I do, but that I can at least be home with her. Retail isn't the most glamourous out there... but it beats where I waitressed hands down! :haha:

Maybe if I had waitressed in a better establishment I would've liked it better. :)

Well I spoke to my team leader last night...not only have they not figured out what days I'll be working yet, but they don't even know if I'll still be on that team! And if I'm not, goodness who I'll be plunked with and I'll have to start training with new clients all over again. I love my team and the few people I work with would be really accepting in allowing me to have 20 mins to express if I was working several hours. I start back to work in 7 weeks and if I didn't already know Jack was going to my SIL, I'd be screwed cause I'd never find a nursery or childminder at this late in the game. I wanted to put him in one day though because my SIL sometimes goes out if her hubby is off and they have a family day together and I wouldn't want to just go out knowing she has Jack to watch (and she would too!). Been awake since 5am just stressing about work & money now. 7 weeks! :cry: How am I ever going to be able to leave my JackJack! On top of it, DH will have to take over some of the bills I cover because they can't promise me anything more than my usual contract of 16 hrs a week and I have this huge visa to pay for in October. Regardless of whether I find another job or not, I'll have to sell my car just to pay for it. :(

:hugs: maggs. i hope it works out for you.

I am not SAHM material. I love j to death - but i had zero issues going back to work. i even went back a month early part time.

speaking of work - my boss finally reassigned job tasks - so i have my work back :wohoo: i was getting pretty mad cause i was sitting at my desk doing nothing for days on end... i was mad cause even though i was getting paid, i'd rather have spend my days with J if there was no work for me! but now im too busy LOL i have been going non stop since monday at 9 am. and no end in sight either.

:hugs: Maggs

That's great Sara, glad that you are keeping busy at work now and happier :)

Congratulations Sarah...wonderful news!

I dread going back to work, I'm sure it won't be as bad as I'm working it up to be. But I hate it. Would rather stay home with Jack everyday!

I dread and hate work also, maggs... It is horrible and I wish staying at home was an option for us. Women who get to stay at home are SO lucky and priveledged to be able to financially afford it.

I hope things get sorted out for you asap!!

See I think if we happen to feel like you do Sara, then we're happy to go back to work, or if we could afford to be happy SAHM's then we're very lucky, it's when we don't want to and have to that is the worst situation of all! Where is it you work Joss? You'll be so happy to have your mat leave when your new lo arrives! I'm getting up there in age, maybe will have to pop out another baby soon! hehehe ;)

I work at a hospital... and im on sickleave now... but the hours are awful and it is exhausting and very physical work.

Speaking of sick leave... Can a physiotherapist extend a medical leave? I'm signed out until the end of next week, but I have to see my GP mid-May... I really don't want an extra appointment for no medical reason, I have enough to go to lol. I still can't really do much :shrug:

Joss :hugs: Pretty sure MIL does the same, but just got switched to 8s from 12s in a different area of the hospital, she's on her feet all day and exhausted even though she gets off way earlier than she used to. Definitely feel for you and glad you're not doing that while pregnant!

Speaking of sick leave... Can a physiotherapist extend a medical leave? I'm signed out until the end of next week, but I have to see my GP mid-May... I really don't want an extra appointment for no medical reason, I have enough to go to lol. I still can't really do much :shrug:

Joss :hugs: Pretty sure MIL does the same, but just got switched to 8s from 12s in a different area of the hospital, she's on her feet all day and exhausted even though she gets off way earlier than she used to. Definitely feel for you and glad you're not doing that while pregnant!

You should be able to just call your doctor Tasha and explain that you're not ready yet but you need the papers extended. They should do it. :thumbup:

Your physiotherapist can write a recommendation to your doctor.... I hope you feel better soon!

Blah I phoned and now I have to go in to see him today, I am so annoyed :( But I want to get paid so I guess I have no choice.

I'm off until June then starting half days/3-4 hour shifts... can't wait to tell my boss :lol:

Crap you had to go in but nice you're off now till June! Just drag it out till September now and you can have the whole summer off! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->