Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

I know!!! I started posting in this thread when she was 3 months old and YOU had the 2-year old!

:rofl: Yes and to think I thought two was a bad age at one point in time :argh: :rofl:

well you already know what I think of three year olds from my journal :haha: :rofl:

hahaha ya, people must be on crack when they call the 2 year old age the terrible 2's... the 2's are nothing compared to the 3's LOL

Three year olds....are...something else. :rofl:

Seriously.

I have no idea how to deal with H. I need Supernanny.

She fell into the North Saskatchewan River like a week ago, resulting in me getting a rusty fish hook embedded into my foot (fishing line still attached!), had a fight with a kid at the library, and has just been a holy terror and makes a fart noise in my face whenever I say anything to her. Yay me! Haha,

Also, does any other 3 year olds talk NON STOP? Helena NEVER STOPS. I think Elliot is going to just be mute because he doesn't get a chance to say anything.

Elyse is talking when she wakes up, and talks as she's falling asleep... and pretty much the whole day between those 2 events. She is also the ringleader of all of her little friends whenever they get together, I am 100% going to get calls from teachers and/or parents about Elyse talking in class or roping other kids into doing things like applying marker make-up to their faces etc. She's really well behaved generally but holy F she needs more supervision than an infant!

Alia isn't three for another year but she still talks non-stop. And she'll repeat the same thing over and over and over again until I repeat it back :haha: I've tried to wait and see how long she would keep repeating before finally giving up.....but she never gave up....I did.

3's are nothing compred to 4-5's. LMAO!!

Got a new baby today....cupcake. She's our new kitty. She's an orange cream colour.

Lol that's what I'm afraid of jasmak!! COngrats on the kitty!

Yay for Kitties Jasmak!!

I honestly think the reason for the terrible twos becoming the terrible 3's and 4's and 5's are kids are just too damn smart now. So they have bigger better brains, but same emotional systems. They understand so much more, making it difficult for them to deal with so much more... u know. I was 8 when my brother was born... and 10 when he was 2 so i sorta remember him at the age J is... and she is 1000x smarter than he was (she might be 1000x smarter than he is now at 21 but thats a different issue) HAHAHAHHAHA

I think this generation has really adopted how much their little brains can absorb and we constantly feed them with information. Im not saying its a bad thing... but when we are sitting colouring i will constantly ask J - what colour is that crayon? how many crayons do you have? that sorta thing. hense we have 2 & 3 year olds that can count to a million and spell their names - i promise you i did not start kindergarten being able to spell/write my own name.

Certainly don't have that issue with Claire! :haha: Although I'm sure if she did talk non-stop all day it'd drive me nuts as well. :flower:

How is Alia almost two??? :shock:

What Sara said makes sense. We expect so much more from children now than we did before. Society is different as a whole with our expectations of people of all ages which definitely has an impact on how we view things and react to it.

Hope the parties go well.

Off to a family lunch at 12 for buffet Chinese/Canadian.

have fun at lunch Lisa! :) sounds fun

Hope that the respective parties go well today :flower:

not much going on here today.

I definately agree Sara! I know one of the moms I know has a son 6 months older then jasmine and she was really adamant about making him sit down and learn how to write his name etc. I do letters and stuff with jasmine but I don't make her sit down and learn that stuff like she did... It's something their supposed to learn in jk so she will be doing it soon anyways. I don't see the reason to put that much pressure on her :shrug:

I actually hope they go back to every other day by the time Peyton goes to school. I think every day is too much.

I got curious (even though I'm not sending Claire to JK) as to what the curriculum requirements are for Ontario. Not sure for you ladies in other Provinces, but for you Ontario ladies here it is:

Ontario KinderProgram 2010

I couldn't find anything more current on the government of Ontario's website. Was quite interesting!

Tiff - i hope i didn't upset you. That certainy was not my intention. I should be more careful with stuff like that sorry :hugs: I don't think you want us to tiptoe around you... but i should be more sensitive :(

i would never sit J down and be like "today we are learning the letter A" and have her write it 100 times LOL. But when she colours, we "practice" our letters!

Oh my goodness, no you didn't! :hugs:

I actually had to read back and try to figure out what it was you were talking about. Awww, now I feel bad! :( That wasn't my intent at all when I commented. :hugs:

It is what it is, at times reading all you ladies ready to pull your hair out with the non stop talking etc I'm kinda glad Claire doesn't do that! :blush: Is that bad of me? :rofl: Anyhoo, shush! Definitely don't want any other Mama not to be proud of their kiddos accomplishments. I love reading them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->