Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

I've been putting the channel on women's because they play my home Reno shows all day hahaha... Although I don't have an issue wither them watching it, I think the main point is that your kids are doing things besides watching tv.

Ya I think tv is only a problem when they are just sitting there like zombies all day instead of playing/learning.

^which Hannah would do if we let her :rofl: She completely zones out

OH completely zones out into the tv as well. He is fine with B but if I say anything he usually doesn't hear me or he starts tuning out of the conversation we are having, even if he started it.

^^^OMG my sister is the worst for that!!! I'll be yelling her name three feet away and she is just entranced by the TV :wacko:

For anyone interested there are birthday pics in my journal :)

Haha that is jasmine... I have to then it off for her to listen if she zones out!

Same w/ Elyse. I'm invisible and mute as long as she's watching TV- which is already restricted to basically 3 shows- Dora, Bubble Guppies & Team Umizoomi

Jasmine likes my little ponies, doc mcstuffins and Tom has her hooked on Alvin and the chipmunks and scoobydoo lol

Forgot about Doc McStuffins! One of Elyse's favourites too!

Helena is tv obsessed. Well I don't actually have tv, but she is addicted to the computer and Netflix. And barbie.com :rofl:

Elliot only likes theme songs. It's weird how different they are, because Helena has ALWAYS loved tv. Since she came out of me, she loved tv :rofl: Elliot just likes to dance to the song and then hes off. He will watch one Yo Gabba Gabba a day.

Happy birthday Alia!!

Yeah the TV is always on at our house - but on adult programming. I turned on Doc McStuffins yesterday when she was tired and lounging near bed time and she showed interest for 2 mins. LOL.

Happy Birthday, Alia! :cake:

Back from four awesome days in the mountains with fabulous weather. too tired to post it all tonight .... :sleep:
Lots of fun stuff to post tomorrow!
and glad to come back and find multiple pages of posts to read - like the good old days! :)

Thanks girls....can't believe it's been two years :cry:

Two years ago today we were sitting in the hospital just marveling at our beautiful baby girl. We took a video that we look back on and laugh about all the time. It's the in-laws meeting Alia for the first time and Nathan and I are just raving about how Alia is such a good baby and hasn't made a peep since she arrived :rofl: I think like 12 hours later we were both contemplating jumping out the window as Alia was screaming the place down. I just love reminiscing about that blissful ignorance.

Happy Birthday Alia!! Goes so fast. Kelana is Thursday...I'll probably cry.

Haha jasmine was screaming down the hospital the second night she was born... Peyton got jaundiced so he was sleepy though lol... Hilary stayed sleepy too and didn't have he first colicky evening until she was 3 weeks.

Babies are great for the first 24 hours though :rofl:

Time does go by so fast though!

:rofl: Hannah was vocal from the beginning. She let us know she was there and when she wasn't happy :haha:

Rhys was very quiet and sleepy for the longest time. He's still pretty laid back though and rarely cries.

sounds like fun Sarah! :)

Claire barely made a peep! She was really jaundiced though so we had to fight to wake her up to feed. :haha:

Currently Claire's fave show is Pingu. She's quite miffed at us as we won't let her watch it as there's nothing to the show. No words, they talk in jibberish (frig she does that enough as it is!) and not educational in the slightest. So being the horrid parents we are, if she wants to watch TV she's gotta pick something that at least has characters speaking in proper sentences. :haha:

Oh it bugs me so much when characters on TV are teaching kids how to speak improperly!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->