Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

If Hannah is interested in something than we practice it/do it. She does know some letters (how to write them) and numbers. :)

:hugs: Tiff

oye what a typical four year old day (graduated from the terrible threes :haha:) Hannah lost her treat for the week because she called us upstairs to ask how we were sleeping :roll: (she is supposed to go to bed nicely as one of her responsibilities--she sucks at it :haha:)

Ya jasmine has worked on letters and stuff too, I just don't force it :shrug: some parents are just really hardcore at making their kids do it so they look super smart or something

:rofl: Vickie I LOL'd at the picture of Hannah calling up to ask how you're sleeping!!! What a girl!

I try to keep learning fun with Alia...which sounds corny but I think it's really important not to force things upon kids so they don't get frustrated.

The party went pretty good today!! Fun but exhausting :lol: Alia had a blast.
Do anyone's kids watch the show Super Why? I think it's on PBS or something....anyway there's a character Princess P who spells letters with her wand....well Alia got a fairy wand for her birthday and as soon as she pulled it out she said "Now I can spell letters like the princess!!" and then proceeded to pretend to draw letters in the air with her wand while yelling them out :rofl: It was probably the cutest thing ever.

awwwww!!! too cute melissa. I have TRIED to get to watch TV. sometimes i could really use 10 minutes to drink my coffee and do a load of dishes... kid has ZERO interest. Except for the juicy fruit commercial :dohh:

Oh believe me Sara you're better off. Alia likes TV too much. I go to bed and replay annoying kids songs in my head over and over again....they're so effing catchy!

I don't need TV for that! J is big into singing... so i get to strech my vocal cords with amusing rounds of "if your happy and you know it", "row row row your boat"... actually with all the rain we've gotten the last couple of days we're singing "rain rain go away..." and we went to the grocery store and J looks at the ground and said "water" i said "yep lots of water" and j goes "rain rain" lol.

B is not really interested in tv, never really has been, however she is obsessed with Elmo and the "Elmo and I know it" video.

Jasmine is a little tv nut... Peyton doesn't watch it at all though! He will ask for Thomas sometimes but he won't actually watch it for more then a couple minutes.

Jasmine watches super why sometimes, I have been trying to remember to put the channel nn more because it has more learning shows. Jasmine likes doing alphabet and learning stuff on her computer or leapfrog game thing

It was Brandi i think (and someone else in here too maybe) that showed me the leapfrog DVD's:

https://www.amazon.ca/Leapfrog-Lear...ef=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1344776542&sr=1-2

(thats what i got J). I put them on sometimes - even though she doesn't watch. They are actually pretty good :)

Hannah LOVES tv to much as well :rofl:

We had to cut the power bar to the tv once for two weeks when Hannah was J's age :haha:

Claire's a TV hound as well.

In our More Than Words class they were saying the newest recommendation is to not let your child watch any TV before the age of 2. Cue nearly every head in the room hanging in shame! :rofl:

So yeah, obviously we didn't go with that recommendation. :blush:

oye what a typical four year old day (graduated from the terrible threes :haha:) Hannah lost her treat for the week because she called us upstairs to ask how we were sleeping :roll: (she is supposed to go to bed nicely as one of her responsibilities--she sucks at it :haha:)

Is that like not having her argue or stall to go to bed? LOL little Monkey! :haha:

go to bed nicely:

Take a bath without yelling/being rude
get her hair dried without yelling/being rude
get her teeth brushed without yelling/being rude (see a pattern here :haha:)
and go to sleep without arguing/being rude/making us go back in 500 times

:rofl: She sucks at most of them :haha:

Rhys watches some tv because Hannah watches some tv :rofl: He really liked Strawberry Shortcake the other day

:rofl: My Oma told me that recommendation when Alia was like six months old :roll:
She didn't start being interested in TV till like a year and a half?

I usually only let her watch shows that are educational (for now haha)....she mainly watched Mickey Mouse, Cat in the Hat, and Super Why....sometimes Sesame Street too. Whatever sometimes it's necessary to calm her down or to keep her occupied while I'm tending to Joni.

I definitely don't let on to Nathan's family how much she watches TV, but my family doesn't give a shit haha they all love TV.

^:rofl: My family doesn't think I let Hannah watch enough tv. They get onto me all the time for it :haha:

OH and ya incidentally Joni watches TV too....she'll whip her head around as soon as she hears Mickey's voice :rofl:

We do the same, we have all her shows on an external drive and we pick and choose what she watches. First it was Blues Clues, then Yo Gabba Gabba, Backyardigans, Cat in the Hat...

We had to stop her watching Max and Ruby, Max is kind of a brat and she was starting to mimic him. :haha: Current faves is Pingu (thanks Netflix :wacko) and Curious George.

My family thinks all I do with her is plop her in front of the tv! :dohh: MIL has the TV on most of the day at her place but Claire doesn't watch it non-stop. She'll go off and do other things.

Ya when Alia watches TV, she hardly ever actually sits and stares (unless she's sick). She usually just will play and occasionally check it out.

Ya when Alia watches TV, she hardly ever actually sits and stares (unless she's sick). She usually just will play and occasionally check it out.

Thats what K does too...except Wiggles....she will dance

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->