Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Yes we did go to see it. Was very good but I loved the lotr movies so think i'm comparing it to them.

Good luck with your nanny today Amanda!

Thanks guys! It's been a fairly quiet day. We were going to play out in the snow (there is SO much of it) but it's turned into a lazy day. After yesterday I am not arguing!

Thanks Trinity! How are you doing? I haven't seen you on here in forever! :hugs:

:hi: Trinity!

Glad you are having a nice lazy day Rach! :)

Stan is currently upstairs trying to resettle Rhys. I'm thinking we've hit a wonder week as he's incredibly clingy and his sleep (what sleep we were getting :haha:) has gone to hell.................again :roll: I did look and it seems as though there is one right around this age group

Nyquil.

Seriously though, I hope his sleep changes so you guys can get some sleep! It sounds like hell :(

Hi Trinity! :hi:

Lazy day sounds nice. Kind of hard with January birthdays eh? You can't just relax and get back to normalcy after Christmas because you have parties to plan!!! Tomorrow is Joni's party for my side of the family. We're keeping it simple - pizza and salads - but it's still stressful just getting the house cleaned, shopping, organizing, etc. Wednesday I'll relax (well as much as one can relax with two kids running around) :lol:

Hope Rhys gets his sleep straightened out Vickie :hugs: I never did follow the wonder weeks...I don't really get it...is it growth spurts? Or something different?

Yah, it's nice now because I get to relax and not have to worry about anything until Peter's birthday! (surprise 40th party! I'm so excited)
I do have several birthday parties for kids and a baby shower coming up within the next few weeks but luckily all I have to do is show up and bring a cute present lol

I didn't know anything about them until Sara showed me :haha:

Apparently it's based on EDD and all babies hit certain fussy period at roughly the same time. So far it's been really really accurate for Rhys :shock: It's when they are making a developmental leap, if you google Wonder weeks you'll find a lot of info about it :flower:

yeah the WW were pretty freakin bang on for J... there is a calendar and there are 8 different weeks and its a developmental leap - each one is different. WW26 was the worst for us... i still remember it HAHAHAHHAA

I found Jack never followed them really. But hit the 4 month sleep regression bang on!

It's always really hectic here leading up to Christmas. :wacko: With two birthdays and then Christmas all in less than 2 months, it's pretty crazy. But after Christmas, now I can finally relax. :D

My girls were hit or miss. Sometimes they seemed to follow the charts and other times, just did their own thing. :haha:

B pretty much followed the WW as well if you went by her due date.

ladies!!! this thread is so much more....quiet! :huh: Or so it seems!
I hope everyone has been doing well. We're good. Boring, really. lol. Nothing new. Still married and still only my Ella-bella (who turned 3 in October!??!)

And yay to another Saskatchewanian!! Where abouts are you from?

I'm from Saskatoon!

Its currently 430am and i'm trying desperately to get my LO back to sleep... so tired :cry:

Now that Christmas is over I;m trying really hard to get into a good routine

Rhys didn't start to get into a routine until closer to 3 months and even than it was a pretty loose routine.

His routine is set now but he is still a crappy sleeper (wakes a lot to be resettled) :hugs:

Ya it definitely takes a few months for them to get into a proper routine. Although Joni started sleeping through the night (like 10-11 hours) when she was a month and a half!

Yeah, that is crazy Melissa. :shock: I thought my girls were good sleepers, and they didn't do that until 4-5 months! And it was only 9ish hours. :haha:

I think some babies are just like that. I mean Ainslie has always slept like an angel, but Clara is like Rhys. It's only been the last month or so that she stopped waking randomly at night. She only needed to be laid down with her favourite blankie and she's ok again. And she still does wake around 5am for a bottle (after sleeping 10hrs) and then will sleep another hour or two. It took 11 months to get to this point though.

Jack's always been so up and down with sleep too. Happily goes weeks at 12 hrs, then random nights of screaming hysterically. *sigh* Living on 4 hrs sleep today!

On another note, think we have an outdoors boy! Took him for a country walk (no stroller) this afternoon and cried when we got in the car. So took him in the backyard to play while I took clothes in off the line and cried when we came in the house. Awww!! LOL

Hannah loves being outside to. We live outside when it's warm out :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->