Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Lovely bumpage my dear, you look really well chick. Love the dress too xxx

Yay for a good nights sleep Debzie! Sorry about the spot. :( I have so many. It sucks!

Happy 23 weeks Mrs. M.!! Yay!! Your bump is so cute!! I agree, I love your dress.

Thats such a neat bump! :happydance:

Debzie I think big spot on chin is a good swap if it gets you sleep! :haha:

Mindy its those pesky pregnancy hormones making joins and stuff softer- and easier to injure :dohh:

Having another uncomfy day today, very achey! Lots of BH, and some backache too. When I woke up though, my blanket arrangement was all over the place so these aches could be due to that.

Clo! one day and your 40 weeks! Eeeeeek! How you feeling?

Hi Loz

I was feeling teribble yesterday evening, couldnt breathe, backache, BH etc .... went to bed at 9pm, took some Gaviscon and immediaely felt a bit better, its just the waiting now tha is getting to me, would mind the pains etc if I knew it was the start of somethin!!!

Bring on the :baby:

xxx

Oh, I didn't realize that you were that close to 40 weeks, Clobo! Time to start galloping for sure! :haha:

Lozdi, I'm sorry you are feeling so achy today. Hopefully Lil Fella makes his appearance soon.

My shoulder that is hurt is the same one I injured a few years ago. I had to get physio to get it better. I hope that is not the case now. I didn't do anything at all to do it, that makes me frustrated! Haha!

I think I am going to gain SO much weight :( I have been so hungry the past 5 or so days. I am literally shaking with hunger every 2 hours.

Clo did you do the crab walk and the gallop yet? :haha: Ohh what about a crab gallop!

Mindy, honestly, don't worry about how much weight you gain, I have gained around 4 stone (60 lbs?) since getting pregnant, I went from 9 stone to 13 stone, I don't feel fat, just heavy! I am of the opinion that we gain as much as we are meant to in most cases, so worrying about it will only waste your energy! The eating tends to settle down some way through 2nd tri, but in first and early second we need ALOT of fuel to keep ourselves and baby fed!

Thank you. :) I just worry because I keep seeing that you only need 300 extra calories during the day when pregnant and that is only near the end of the pregnancy. :dohh:

I think I will just ignore all of it and eat when I am hungry because if I don't I feel like poo. BUT, I should also start eating better! Haha! At least I'm not eating take out. :)

That calories business is a little unfair, Everybody is different thus we all have different requirements. I tried having 3 meals in a day and zero snacks....felt so weak and ill! We crave things fir a reason and if your craving food in general, then have at it! Baby weight does come off after you have baby anyway, and it comes off quite fast if you breastfeed, because the fat stores we lay down when pregnant are for the production of our babies food! :hugs:

That is what I was told :) I have 3 friends who had babies recently. They all lost weight SO fast. They all bf too. I am hoping to bf so I hope that will be the case with me too. I was having body issues before getting pregnant so I think it is just that seeping over. :( But, before I got pregnant this time I was running and feeling very good about it so I am hoping I will get back to that pretty soon after baby comes (whenever it is safe to do it!)

Stupid body issues. :(

I bf last time and the weight flew off. Hopefully the same will happen again! I weighed myself yesterday for the first time and I've gained just over a stone. I look like I've gained two, so I was pretty pleased about that. I lost a bit of weight in the third tri with Edie, it'll be interesting to see if that happens again.
Wow Clo almost 40 weeks!

Happy 23 weeks mrsmig. Love the bump.you look fab.

Loz so sorry your feeling achey

Clo hope its not too long now.

Ts too bad about your shoulder, made worse by not being able to take anything. I too posted tge same as you about gaining weight. I have put on over a stone so far at 17 weeks. I'm eating what and when I feel like it, I blame drinking milk too. It does fly off though.

The spot is a good pay off for a good nights sleep. I am debating on buying a new breast pump they are half price at the moment. Had a manual one with emily that I still have and did use. It helped keep chris involved and I think I will breast and bottle feed again this time. Do you think its too early? What if something is wrong with it??

Hi all,

forgive if I miss something I am trying to remember 4 pages from memory!

Mrsmig - wonderful bump and you are still looking lovely and slim too. Happy 23 weeks!! Can't believe how fast we are moving along!

Kelly - keep up the PMA, you have had such great scans so far that this will be the same. Happy prune!!

TS - love the new ticker!! I had a dodgy shoulder that sounded exactly like you are describing. I got anti-inflam which I know you probably can't take at the moment. I hope it settles down very soon, I know mine felt better within a few days. I haven't weighed myself since the very beginning, I lost a lot of weight and maintained it for a couple of years (new to me!!) so sometimes struggle with my body issues. Having a bump that moves and knowing whats going on inside does help and reading everyone saying how much BF help weight loss is good too!

Clobo - only 1 day to go! How far over will they allow you to go? I was told I'd get a sweep at 40 weeks (tbh I hope I don't get that far though!).

Loz - sorry you have aches and pains today, hope things get better as the stiffness wears off.

Hi Ginny, twinkle and others I ahve bound to have missed.

Debzie - thanks for sharing. I think I feel a bit better about my doodle VV and told OH about them. I think a lot if it was embarrassement when normally I don't get too upset about intimate things. What a lovely gift for your OH and getting to find out the gender with a scan- so exciting!! Glad you had such a good sleep, it makes all the difference. Where are the breast pumps half price as I was thinking of doing a bit of both if possible but couldn't make up my mind whther to get one or wait and see if I can actually bf.

afm - my compression tights arrived yesterday so I thought I'd try them out this morning. Well, OH had had his shower and was dried by the time I had got them to my knees!! I was knackered just putting them one, I'll have to get up half an hour early tomorrow to put them on!! Once on they took a bit of getting used to but have helped, so far. Tomorrow at work will be a big test. I will see how this next week goes at work before thinking about finishing or cutting down my hours. I think work and then DIY/painting the bedroom in the evenings all last week made things worse. Only have one more coat of emulsion to go then I'll leave the rest to OH to put the gripper rods in and lay the underlay. I just want to get the furniture in so I can organise all the baby stuff!

You ladies are making me feel better about the weight thing. I just weighed myself. I have put on about 5 lbs so far. :S I guess that is what is normal for the 1st tri.

I don't normally take anything for pains like my shoulder. I will see the physiotherapist and just rest and ice/heat if I have to. I don't like to take too many pills. I am weird like that. Haha! It just means that right now I am used to dealing with it without pain meds/anti-inflammatories.

Pink, my gosh! You are SO busy. I can completely understand you feeling so tired and achy! I hope you get a break soon. :hugs: Those compression tights sound crazy! I can't believe how long they take to get on! I'm glad you were able to talk to your OH about the VV. I would be very embarrassed to talk about it too, but I would feel so much relief once I did.

I thought that everyone that bf also pumped? I know nothing about this stuff! Haha! I just know that my friends pumped for nights if they had to get a baby sitter or if they wanted a drink. Also, for some reason I thought you had to pump because maybe too much milk was produced... see, I really know nothing about it! :dohh:

Debzie, did you find the manual pump difficult? If you think it would be too hard to use again then I would go for another one since they are on sale for 1/2 price.

I hope you are all well today. :)

I could not express milk to save my life. I had a manual pump as well and it took me about an hour of finger breaking pumping to produce about an ounce. And then she refused flatly to drink from the bottle so it ended up getting tipped down the sink. Completely soul destroying. I just ended up being completely tied to her for 7 months. I didn't mind though.

Keep rested up, it could be nothing at all. Keeping everything crossed its all ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->