Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

It could be old blood from implantation coming away, or it could also be from your cervix if its being sensitive- rest up, and call the epau tomorrow morning and see if they will give you a scan, explain how anxious these spots make you, and they should fit you in at the end of their clinic. They don;t want ladies worrying them selves into oblivion!

I bet everything is absolutely fine, but can completely understand the dread of seeing the spots. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Totally agree with Loz. When I had my scan at 7 weeks they were lovely, and happy to help. It's such a tiny amount lets hope it's just what Loz said. Big hugs for you Kelly. Xx

I just wrote a massive post and my computer crashed it nearly got put through the window.

Kelly I agree with Loz Im sure everything will be fine, I spotted and bled until 11 weeks with Emily.

Pink the pump is from mothercare, it comes in the phillips avent breastfeeding support pack (thinkl thats what you call it) the pump alone casts £95 but with this you get the bottles and storage cups for £89 those additional items cost more than £30. Will try and find a link.

I was (un)lucky that Emily took to the bottle more out of necessity. She lost more than the recommended 10% birth weight within a few days. I was exhausted and so I expressed to give myself a rest. I also had mild Post natal depression. I found breastfeeding really hard, and found that this was best of both worlds. She was a really hungry baby and was at one point latched on more than she was not. I also topped her up with formula. I am under no disillusion this time. Some women take to it so naturally.

TS in the uk they advocate one or the other and I was frowned upon for expressing.

Right I am going to post before I lose it again

You were lucky that you could do both Debzie. Breast feeding is really hard!
My ribs are starting to feel very squashed!

no one ever tells you how hard breast feeding is! i'm just hoping for some luck this time around as last time my milk didn't come in :(

mrsmigg sounds like things are on the move, my stomach muscles are moving I feel like I have done 100 sit ups tonight.

awww pichi I hope you have some luck this time around, but tyr not to beat yourself up about it.

The post I lost I had a ramble on the emphasis that is put on breastfeeding in this county and how we are made to feel like shite if you dont by the medical profession. I think far too much pressure is put on us. Could say more but will stop at that. x

Debzie, that makes sense, that it would be frowned upon. It seems that if babies are used to one or the other it might be hard to switch back and forth.

I don't know at all how hard bf is going to be. I am really nervous but I am really hoping that I am able to do it. I know that bf'ing has many benefits for baby.

The public health nurse here really pushes bf here too. She actually refuses to provide information on bottle feeding. :S

I hope you are able to get a scan Kelly so you can see your little baby in there bouncing away :hugs:

I'm all for BF'ing, but its a woman's CHOICE if she wants to bf or ff, and its atrocious to hear a midwife refusing to provide info on FF! And what if you can't BF? Does that midwife still refuse to provide support for FF?

I had to switch to formula with my first after just a few short weeks as it hurt to BF and my nipples bled, then I lost my milk. Not everyone can BF! Luckily second time round my nipples were tougher and it was much much easier.

The important thing is baby getting fed, whether its FF or BF!

There are special bottles for if you choose to mix BF and FF.

How you doing Kelly? :hugs:

Ooooo loz, clobo so close its soooo excting

Mrs m - you have such a neat bump

Kelly - hope these spots mean nothin, I bet everythings fine but can totally understand why seeing it is so scary

Ts - hope your shoulder gets better soon

Debz - yay for the good nights sleep, I just feel like building a shelf in the loo to put a pillow on it I'm lucky if I sleep 2 hours without waking up for the loo

Only one week left at work now I'm excited but not at the same time I'm gona miss it loads, but hoping when I go up to say hello sometime the longer residents who have been there over a year find their forever homes, they're such lovely dogs but people tend to walk past them :(

Can't believe ryan starts nursery in 2days, I just hope he behaves with the other kids, because despite his 3 cousins being 5,6+9 he can be really rather rough+ive joked about him being the school bully but I'm sooo scared he's going to be really not nice to the other kids, fingers crossed he proves me wrong because he can be such a lovely little boy with other kids

Mentioning bleeding nipples was insensitive of me- I forget myself! Not everyone's nipples will bleed, mine had always been so sensitive I didn't even enjoy them being touched during intimacy! I expect thats why they were so sensitive to BF'ing first time round.

He will be fine Hope, nursery staff are used to new kids, and if he is a little rough, they will sort it. My 4 year old is a bit headstrong for nursery lol they had a right old time trying to get him to behave- but it was because their methods involved asking rather than telling- you ask my son if he wants to come sit for carpet time and he has other ideas he will say no thank you I'm going to do such and such instead! :haha:

Hope, I bet it is going to be nice to have some time off from work :) I am sure Ryan is going to be just fine for nursery too! I think sometimes we all think up things to worry about. I know I do!

Lozdi, I feel the same way, it is all the mother's choice on what she wants to do/can physically do/feels is best for her baby. I haven't experienced my public health nurse doing something like that yet because I told her that I am hoping to bf. My friend told me that she can be quite stuck in her ways about it. I am not sure bf will work for me. I feel the same as you regarding sensitivity as well. To be completely honest, the idea of bf really freaks me out. But, I really want to give it a shot. If it doesn't work out, then at least I gave it a try.

All we can do is try and see how we fare with it, I wasn't breast fed and behold, I am normal! (I was also frank breech and came out floppy and was in the NICU!) Biggest baby in there, I was. :haha:

Theres so much more to bringing up a baby than how the baby is fed!

You may well find you enjoy BF and it doesn't hurt much, but if you don't take to it, or find it too painful then your baby is still going to be getting what he or she needs. :hugs:

Thanks Lozdi :) I was also ff myself and I spent some extra time in the hospital. I was only a little over 5 lbs when I was born and then lost a lb so I spent a few weeks in the hospital. I feel I turned out pretty good too! Haha! I do have a lot of allergies and my mom feels bad because of that, because she didn't bf.

hi everyone :)

Kelly - hope the brown spots are nothing, have you seen anymore? Remember I had that day of pink spotting and it was much more than a grain of rice and so far everything is still OK. I agree with the others and try and get a scan just so you can have peace of mind x

I had a lot of trouble with breastfeeding, I really envied women who found it was just natural for them. In the end I exclusively expressed for 8 weeks and then switched to formula. I hired an electric pump and I loved that little machine. Sometimes when it was in it's case I felt like I was going to work carrying around a briefcase haha. This time around I feel more prepared for breastfeeding and realise that it's normal for it to be tough for the first few weeks. However, at the same time I'm more scared of breastfeeding too for the experience I had.

Anyway, Max doesn't have any allergies and I think only got sick once during his first year, so I don't think the formula did him any harm :)

hi ladies no more spotting not sure ill ring anyone dont want to bother them and the docs here are poo so def not going there. im preparing myself for the worst on the 18th pretty much all my symptons have gone now part from the odd gag

Hope im sure he will be fine. Congratulations on having time off.

Kelly why put yourself through the extra worry for the next few weeks it does you and your developing baby no good. Ring them that's what they get paid to do.

Kelly, have you thought about getting a doppler? I know it's not for everyone and it can cause more stress if bubs hides, but it has really helped me so much.

Kelly - I agree and thats 2 nurses telling you that!! Ring the Dr or the EPU. I advised all my patients to phone if they are worried about anything post op. I am sure it is nothing but no need to worry unnecessarily if they can see you. Some symptoms do tend to disappear around now but understand your fears after having a mmc myself.

ts - I think its disgraceful your mw won't even discuss FF. I will try to BF but if it doesn't work out then I am not gooing to beat myself up about it. I was FF and although I do have some allergies and asthma I think its more genetic as it runs in my family rather than not being BF (my brother was ff and he has no allergies/asthma). I too want to a bit of both BF/expressing as it is one way for OH to be involved. One lady an another thread does both (but again she was chastised for it by the ob/mw's!!) but it seems to work for her and her baby.

afm- finished painting!!! woo hoo. I am going to let OH do the rest! My 'sort of' mother in law (complicated!) offered to buy us something for baby. We have lots of things now but she mentioned reusable nappies which I haven't got yet. They are quite expensive and I was looking at a specific brand (Little lambs) but didn't feel I could suggest what type to buy for us. TBH she kind of took be off guard yesterday when OH handed the phone to me. Do you think it is cheeky to ask about specific ones or just let her get what ever she picks. I did say they have moved on from terry cloths of old so she know there are more modern version avaialble now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->