Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Kelly, im glad you are ok chick but i think its pretty bad that noone is anwering the phones .... is there an emergency number you could have for anything that you might want to ring up about in the future?? Our midwives have an appointment line, a general enquiry line and an emergency line that is always answered.

Hope everyone else is ok? Im having a good day, no sign of baby yet though!! Come on out!!!

xxx

Kelly I'm glad your feeling crap. I know no one answers the phone at the midwives base. I got mobile numbers for them all from the gps. X

Well Kelly obviously we never know how it's going but I'd say if you haven't had any more spotting, and you have symptoms things look promising. As always I'm keeping everything tightly crossed for all you first tri ladies.

Kelly I think you sound like you are not as worried as you were over those spots, which is good! Because I bet nothing is wrong! Good to hear your back to feeling awful! (in the nicest possible way!)

No sign of Lil Fella yet....who can also be known as Big Fella now eeeek!

C'mon Clo! We are dying to know what team your on! That baby of yours is holding us all in suspense!!!:haha:

well ladies i got my doppler and well ive been sitting here staring at it for an hour scared to use it any tips ladies?

Lie flat, pillow under your bum. Start low down, at the hairline and move it around gently. You should hear a whooshing sound, which may be blood flowing round the placenta and stuff. Somewhere near that, you MAY, and it's a big MAY hear a sound like a horse charging or a train. If its any slower than that, it's probably your own heart. Keep pointing the Doppler down and moving it around and around until you find something. What make is your Doppler? If you go on you tube there are lots of clips of people using them and this will help you recognise the right sound. And if you can't find it, please don't despair. Walk away and try again later. Good luck.

Mines a hi bebe, but doesn't have the lcd. TMI doppler tips coming up!: hi bebe doppler has a probe....put the probe at the entrance to your doodle, and try different angles til you find the galloping noise. You should be able to easily locate your own pulse, use that as a reference so you know when you find baby, who will typically have a HB that sounds twice as fast as your own pulse.

I would strongly suggest setting yourself a time limit for HB searching, say, give it 10 minutes, then if you still can't find it, try again another time- if baby is hiding it can be sooo tricky to find and I don't want you worrying yourself witless for 40 mins cos of baby being a hidey monkey!

I only found mine about 40% of the times I tried, and hardly ever first time round. It really does require patience, and steely nerves. I often found that if I gave up I would find it after trying a few minutes later.

At 10 weeks I too found the hb on a rare occaision low down pushing the ange down towards ypur pelvis. Or as Liz said up your doodle angled towards the front. Good luck. Oh and plenty of gel.

it was 10 weeks exact ( i think ) that i found ninja pea but this is how he got his name- he'd literally swim off away from the doppler! try down as low as your hip area and circle the doppler very slowly while moving along your hairline... and like Lozdi said, don't sit for hours and hours with it as it will just make you panic (peanut has lots of room to swim)

Even in the last couple weeks our little guy finds a way to turn from the doppler at some of my appointments. And when I went in for monitoring a few weeks ago, he was constantly turning away from the fetal heart monitor causing the machine to lose his heart beat for several seconds at a time. Sometimes they are just stubborn little babies!

i found it was very quick went up to 200 at one point hope thats not a bad sign here we go worring kelly lol

the best sound in the world.

Do not pay much attention to the lcd display it can pick up yours and the babys sometimes so comes back at mad numbers. So pleased for you. x

i found it was very quick went up to 200 at one point hope thats not a bad sign here we go worring kelly lol

Wooohoooo! Fast isn't it! It slows down abit when baby gets bigger, but will still sound fast compared to your own! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->