Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

the you tube videos really helped as it helped me know what to listen for

Good morning ladies :)

I am off to work now :dohh: Haha! I hope when I get home this afternoon I will read that Clobo's and Lozdi's babies are on the way!!

I hope you are all having a good day :flower:

Kelly I found this clip really helpful: https://youtu.be/WnYHyjn4Sg0 so glad you already found it though, I was starting to feel bad for suggesting you to get one if you then had trouble finding it!

I'm also looking forward to hearing all about some new arrivals!!

10 weeks today for me and I have my 12 week scan book for the 19th September! Trying not to get too excited still...

Big Fella is still curled up in his womb refusing to budge..despite some very vigorous housework yesterday! Started the raspberry leaf tea so that when the time comes the labour is a nice quick jobby...I hope he comes before saturday because I want his first ever Dr Who episode to be the one with dinosaurs on a spaceship! :rofl:

Any signs yet Clo?

Kelly I found this clip really helpful: https://youtu.be/WnYHyjn4Sg0 so glad you already found it though, I was starting to feel bad for suggesting you to get one if you then had trouble finding it!

I'm also looking forward to hearing all about some new arrivals!!

10 weeks today for me and I have my 12 week scan book for the 19th September! Trying not to get too excited still...

Allow a little excitement to creep in :hugs:

Hahahaha! A lady on third tri made this thingy for facebook timelines:

Attachments

• loading baby.jpg
    loading baby.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 2
Kelly - wonderful news that you got to hear the HB, its a great sound isn't it!! I was a bit worried that if you didn't find it it might make things worse for you but I am glad it is there to reassure you now!

Loz - what else can we do to evict lil fella? I haven't seen last weeks Dr Who yet, forgot to record it :dohh: and haven't had chance to watch on iplayer yet.

Clobo - hope not being on today do far means there are things going on!!

hi everyone else.

afm - had my measurements for the lovely stockings but as the practice nurse only tends to do knee highs (I have VV past my knees) and not much experience with pg (I suppose its usually older people she sees) she is going to contact the vascular nurse at the hospital for more advice. I know I have the tights but was hoping they could give me something to alternate with.

Oh I have just realised I am now a squash!! I was an aubergine for quite a while!!

Anyone use a nursing chair? Or what did you use when bf during the night when baby in its own room? Some people recommend a rocker/glider, others recommend something like this. Do you think they will be worth it? What about the bf cushions that look like a horse shoe shape?

https://direct.asda.com/Relaxer-Chair/001757533,default,pd.html

thats quite good for £40 :) a friend of mine had one like THIS and re-covered it for her recent little one's nursery :) i'd just fall asleep :haha:

we have a massive beanbag in our livingroom - i'm going to more than likely just use that as it's real comfy.

happy 29 weeks pink :)

glad you got little peanut on the doppler :)

just off to catch up on this thread :D

Tights are not going to be comfy in heat! I hope you can get hold of some over the knee stockings!

I have no useful advice about bf'ing when baby is in their own room, I either co sleep or have carry cot by my bed so tend to just attach baby to boob and then let them have at it- but, I am a VERY precise sleeper, I can't even turn over without waking up. I should imagine a good strong backed chair with generous arms would be good, and maybe a pillow on your lap to help prop baby up? You could start off with baby in your room and see how you go with night feeds before moving him to his own room, as I could imagine having to get all the way out of bed and into a whole other room to bf could make it seem like hard work. Its really a matter of trial and error til you find what suits you baby and OH the most.

Lil Fella aka, The Juggernaut, seems to be very comfy! I'm fixing to commence todays hectic nesting and raspberry leaf tea drinking!

I tried to find my *won't say its name out of consideration to Mrs Miggins :haha:* but it was not reachable and I didn't want to poke about too much!

I'm curious as to where Clo is!!!! Maybe today is the day!!! :happydance:

hi ladies xx
isnt debz having scan today or have i got that wrong
that chair looks comfy pink and good price too
ginny my scan is on the 18th just before you whoop whoop
found peanut today too took me longer mind musta been hiding how often did you ladies check in first tri daily?

Loz - smartie will be in the room with us for the first little while too but was wondering about after that. I remember my sister taking down my nephew downstairs to feed him (although he was ff).

Kelly - I did use it everyday in the early stages, not long now till your scan!!

Yes Debzie has her scan about 5pm - can't wait to see new pics.

I put a link on my journal to pics of the nursery DIY. Its nowhere near finished but it give you an idea of what we have been doing and all the painting.

hi ladies xx
isnt debz having scan today or have i got that wrong
that chair looks comfy pink and good price too
ginny my scan is on the 18th just before you whoop whoop
found peanut today too took me longer mind musta been hiding how often did you ladies check in first tri daily?

I checked first thing in the morning and last thing at night, every single day til I started to get regular movement, so til 16 weeks. After that I was lucky enough to feel movement everyday so hardly used the doppler at all except when letting my boys hear Lil Fella's heartbeat.

Pink I'm not at all against FF, but blimey, its alot of work! Having to sort out a bottle and mix the feed in the small hours does not appeal! I expect by the time your sister had the feed ready and such she was awake enough that going back to bed to feed would seem pointless. :wacko:

Exactly! which is why I want to be in his room, bf then hopefully back to bed (may not work out that way!) without me waking up too much.

Are you trying to sweep yourself lol?

Hiya

No baby movements yet!! Ive eaten a whole pineapple in two days now and going to try and make our BBQ chicken for tea quite a spicy one!! Been up and walking about playing with Lola and baking all day and all that’s happened is I have backache and im knackered, DOH!!! :dohh: I have some RLT tablets, wasn’t going to bother but might start them just in case!!

Ginny, yay for 10 weeks my dear, even if you cant quite get excited at least let some PMA in there :dust:

Pink, I have an Ikea Poang chair, they look exactly like the asda one and they are only about £60 too and loads of people recommend them, they are fairly plain and with a few extra cushions they are comfy and bounce/rock slightly too! My SIL gave me a BF cushion which she loved ….

https://www.mybrestfriend.com/products

How is everyone else??? xxx

If I could have reached my C*****, then I would have just had a gentle feel to see if I was dilated, but it wasn't easily reachable, so I didn't push it- if I was to pop my own waters then find it didn't start things within a couple of hours I'd scupper my home birth!

Indeed it may not work out the way you want, it all depends how easy you find BF, and how your baby is, going with the flow with an idea of what you would like to happen is a good way to go, and never ever feel bad if things don't work out quite as planned.

Clo! I was almost 100% certain that you had gone into labour today! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->