Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Ive had loads of cm today too, nice!!

Ive also heard bigger babies are helped out with gravity too so not necesarily a whole lot harder to birth than smaller babies! Lets hope so I think mines going to be on the larger side! A lady on my September thread has just had an 11lb 4oz-er!!! :argh:

Aw Loz, sorry the 13th holds good and bad memories for you, i tried not to remember any of those dates but i guess the way it worked out you couldnt really help it. Just know that things have turned out right in the end :hugs:

xxx

Its ok its not a bad memory as such for the 13th...was bonfire night when I actually went to hospital for the medical management- my memory of the 13th last year is of having a lovely meal with my lovely OH and nurturing a little secret as I sat there at the table with him. Its bonfire night that will be hard this year, given that I was in a room in hospital miscarrying while the fireworks were going off. :wacko: We shall have to make some new memories this bonfire night, such as Lil Fella's first firework display.

I just gave my belly a jolly good dose of clary sage in sweet almond.

11lb 4! BLIMEY!!!!!!!:shock::argh:

Aw thats good then chick :hugs:

Yes, deffo get some baby earphones and find a nice firework display, some hot chocolate and make new memories!!!

xxx

Yay for CM! :happydance:

My first was late...I popped at 40+4, after lugging a rather heavy old dvd player out from under my bed! Maybe give that a go! :haha:

Bonfire night is a tricky one for a few ladies. Someone on our old thread had her loss on bonfire night and was really upset by that as it was one of her favourite days of the year. It was tough for me last year as I was very much feeling I should have been pregnant. We have been to the same display for the last 3 years, year one I was heavily pregnant with my daughter (her due date was the 9th), year two was magical as it was her first bonfire night and she was excited and last year I felt I should have been pregnant, as it was about two weeks after my loss. It was still lovely though as Edie was so excited about it. This year will be nice again hopefully. I won't forget the anniversary of the loss of the bfp I had this time last year, it was October 18th, my sisters birthday, though it wasn't confirmed until a scan the following day. I just feel so blessed to be in this situation now, where the anniversary is still sad, and will always be significant, but there is so much to look forward to. I wish every single lady on this forum, particularly those LTTTCAL could be where we are right now.

The birth positions suggested for big uns are what I wa splanning to do anyway, so really I don;t need to change any plans. They didn;t get the head measurement as he was too far down so I'm very happy to not know it-I think knowing that would have made it harder to approach if his head measures bigger than my other 2! His femur length was a week ahead, tis just the belly measurement making him 95th centile, and well, belly fat will squish up. I could have a faster labour than with my last if this one is big, as last one was 7lb and shot out- with extra help from gravity this one may well do the same! :haha:

I just ran up and down the stairs and was treated to a gush of cm! Also, I found my clary sage oil! :haha:

Hows that cheeky baba doing? Done any almighty flips yet? :hugs:

LOL, from what I can tell he hasn't done any flips :) He feels exactly the same as last week, but maybe he is sneeky and has secretly flipped in the middle of the night, a mama can wish, LOL. I have one more week before I find out for sure. I keep feeling my belly to see if I can feel his head, but it is hard to tell. I am probably poking him in the face and don't even know it!

tryed 4 times to find heartbeat have given up for today the lcd was reading numbers but not sure if that means much i hope it hasnt gone wrong

Its most likely just a hidey day Kelly, when baby is trying to hide theres no way you'll find HB within the 10 minutes, those are times it can take past 40 mins! Give it another go before you go to bed and I bet its there plain as day.

I still stalk the old thread, but I don't feel right posting much, with my tickers and all that, I feel like its rubbing it in their faces...I have been agonising over whether or not to post on there to say when I have had Lil Fella...I would, but theres alot on there now I don't know, and though I know the regulars from the original thread won't begrudge me posting about Lil Fella's arrival, I don't want to upset anyone. :wacko:

Having mild period pains now.....yay for Clary! Hope this is the start of the start...I'm going to bathe in the stuff later! OH hates the smell of it, but thats tough- I like it! The nose knows whats good when it comes to oils!

tryed 4 times to find heartbeat have given up for today the lcd was reading numbers but not sure if that means much i hope it hasnt gone wrong

You are so early still, I bet you little bean is just hiding from you!

Kelly - Pichi had the odd day were she couldn't find ninja pea (hence teh name) so don't be worried baby is just hiding!

Mrsmig - I got my bfp around now too, and I just realised my last day before maternity leave (if I don't finish sooner) will be the day of my eric. although I had teh date in my head I hadn't put the two together. That will be a very bitter sweet day.

Loz - ooo period twinges, come on 'unknown size' fella!! you can hide your tickers when you post (I think there is a tick box on the advance bit). Would you be okay if we posted for you or do you want to be ble to do that? As I am sure the would love to know how you got on. At the 20 week scan smartie had a bigger than average belly and long femur too, bit worried now!!

Ts - hope today goes well at the school and all teh computer/network is sorted.

Hi twinkle, ginny, Debzie, clobo!

can't wait to get home and get these tights off. They have helped I think but the gusset bit is rubbing where I haven't pulled it up high enough. It make going to teh loo difficult as it takes me ages to get them back up!

I'll see how eloquent I feel after giving birth, then will decide if I can handle such a post with the right level of consideration.

Lil Fella was spot on absolutely average 50th centiles for everything at 20 weeks.....then 38 weeks and is suddenly a little fatty! It could be out a bit though either way. He may have had both his tummy and bladder full for instance, or he may have had them empty and actually be bigger than the estimate! Either way, he is coming out at home and through the traditional exit!

I'll see how eloquent I feel after giving birth, then will decide if I can handle such a post with the right level of consideration.

Lil Fella was spot on absolutely average 50th centiles for everything at 20 weeks.....then 38 weeks and is suddenly a little fatty! It could be out a bit though either way. He may have had both his tummy and bladder full for instance, or he may have had them empty and actually be bigger than the estimate! Either way, he is coming out at home and through the traditional exit!

LOL, maybe it is a boy thing, because the ultrasound tech said our little guy was exactly average at our 20 week ultrasound too! So was my first DS who was 9lbs born at 38.5 weeks.

All 3 of my boys have been 50th centiles at 20 weeks...but this is the only one I had a growth scan with, so I can't compare to my others. I can believe this one will be the biggest though, because I have eaten better, rested more, had far less stress, and took low dose asprin meaning the bloodflow has been absolutely optimum. Will soon find out! I'm mentally ready for a big one, so I will be shocked if he is less than 8lb! :haha:

I hope the oil is helping, Lozdi. I hope lil Fella shows up by tomorrow! :)

Clobo, I hope you get your little bundle before the 8th! That is 2 days away!

Twinkle, hopefully your little guy has flipped in the night. I really hope he gets in the right position soon.

Kelly, I know everything is still going great. You just have a cheeky little one in there!

Mrs. M., I hope you are having a good day today.

Pink, that sucks that your tights chafed you. :( I am glad they are helping some, though.

So, today I had to hop up and down and do jumping jacks. :dohh: I didn't really jump, just kind of went up on my toes some. I am not really jogging in class. I am kind of fast walking. I am nervous of doing these things but it is so hard not to because I am not telling anyone yet about my pregnancy.

Sunday is my EDD for my first mmc. :( It is going to be bittersweet.

I hope you are all having a good evening :)

I can't wait to see some pics of the new bubs and birth stories. I love reading birth stories! I find it so amazing that the ways babies enter the world can be so different.

Kelly - don't worry about the doppler, a couple of times it's taken me ages and ages to find the hb, a normal person would have given up ;)

TS - I'm sure the type of exercise you did is fine. Like someone else said, your find to do exercise that you were doing before it's just not recommended to up your exercise during pregnancy.

Pink - hope you don't struggle too much with the tights!

Although we don't celebrate bonfire night in Australia, I really enjoyed it when I was living in the UK. Bonfire night is DF and I's anniversary :) However my due date for the baby we lost is 6th November :( So it's going to be a bittersweet time.

Hello to everyone else! Hope you're all well xx

PS. I hope I enjoyed my time on the laptop this morning, DS has managed to crumb and rub into the couch an entire muffin I didn't realise DF left within reach :S

morning ladies xxx

any babies arrived?

couldnt find heartbeat again just a reading of 236 would it be poss it detects it but cant hear it or am i clutching at straws:cry:

My Doppler (well Pichi's Doppler) doesnt have a heartrate monitor on it, so I'm not sure about that, but to not be able to find the heartbeat again Kelly honestly try not to stress about it. If you were to go and see a midwife today, and ask her to find it with hers, she would almost certainly refuse, as at this stage it's so difficult to find them and they are so tiny. It causes so much stress. I don't think they really like us having our own, though in the instances of PAL ladies they understand why we need them! Try not to stress. How are you feeling otherwise?
Loz, I'm sure the ladies in that thread would love to hear of your Lil Fella's arrival. You were a great deal of support to us in that thread and it won't have been forgotten. Have you decided on a name yet?
Ginny, did you not notice that DS was being very quiet? :haha:Hope you get the crumbs out!
Mindy, I'm sure you will be fine with the moderate exercise plus you are into second tri now and that's when they recommend you pick it up again.
Pink, I hope the stockings have a bit more "give" in them today. I hope that date for you isn't too bittersweet and you can focus more on your maternity leave and preparing for Smartie than mentally going back to that horrible day. I found the avviversary of my first miscarriage really hard, harder than the due date actually, but I think that's because I still hadn't mentally got over the second one, and was starting to think I wouldn't get pregnant again. I'm sure when that week comes round next month we will both be feeling a little strange but I'm really happy that we are both here looking forward to new arrivals, and I'm pleased I found you at the time. You were a great help to me.
Clobo!!! I hope your to do list today reads like this
Walk sideways up stairs like crab
Gallop like horse
Eat 14 pineapple cores
Have hot curry
Get jiggy.
Only joking. I just hope you are not getting too fed up and enjoying your last few days of being able to rest. It's hard, but my boss said to me when I was a couple of days over my due date to try to make the most of it, as you will miss your bump and miss being pregnant, just a little bit. And I did.
Twinkie, hope that baby has turned!
Pichi, hope you are doing ok and hi everyone else. I have rambled on.

Ginny, did you not notice that DS was being very quiet? :haha:Hope you get the crumbs out!

I thought it was too good to be true to have 5 minutes on the laptop without little fingers reaching around to touch everything haha (I do watch him though - I'm not a terrible mum!)

Kelly - my doppler has a number display, although it's a different make. Often the numbers go a bit wild when I'm moving it about, and even once I find my heartbeat or bubs it takes almost a mind for the the number to climb up or down. So I don't think the numbers are that accurate personally (well on mine anyway). I told my GP I bought a doppler and she said she wouldn't use one on someone who's 10 weeks - so obviously it's really hit and miss with picking it up at this stage on the doppler. I try and think of it like at the different weeks people start feeling movement. Some people feel the baby kick at 14 weeks where others don't start feeling anything until 20 weeks - doesn't mean the baby isn't kicking if you can't feel it, it's just the arrangement of everything in our bodies. Maybe leave it for a couple of days and then try again :hugs:

im trying to stay calm but i think cause of what happened at the last 12 week scan with the mmc im just so scared its guna happen again, will this worry ever end and the scan is looming so guess im just trying to prepare myself for a big let down

I'm feeling the exact same way about my 12 week scan - so scared.

Even though I have been able to find the heartbeat on my doppler sometimes that doesn't even reassure me because the baby measured only a couple of days behind :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->