Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

just had two slices of peanut butter on toast and thought ill try again and found it straight away phew where does it go im a little confused lol

glad you found it Kelly :) now next time you if happen not to find it again, you know bubs is just hiding :)

Kelly, Hi chick, yes I think you need to try and be relaxed about the Doppler chick, its so early you could be picking up baby, your own heartbeat or even the blood whooshing round the placenta. If baby is hiding right down then its harder to pick it up too so id try again later on :hugs: I know this sounds silly but you must try not to even think of your scan, its 11 days away and the more you worry the more harm you will do than good to yourself, keep busy and it will soon be here and all will be good, PMA!!!! :dust:

Mrs Mig, well I have chased Lola round the garden, eaten some cereals and pineapple and done two loads of washing so not a bad start!! Just hoping they are free to do the sweep later and that it starts something!!

Loz, any news??? None from me …. Going to see a friend in a bit, then another friend is coming to walk Lola for me and then Im hopefully having my sweep!!!

How is everyone else today??

xxx

Kelly - I agreee with what the other have said. A mw wouldn't even attempt to check with a doppler at 10 weeks as it xan be so difficult to find the bean. I know its not easy but try to think that everything is going okay in there and maybe ina few days time you'll find him again.

Mrsmig - loved the planned day for clobo! Really made me smile. I feel the same, nice to be doing this together with you.

Loz - has the clary sage had any magic effects?

Ginny - I came across a funny quote on FB that I can't access at work relating to your story. I'll try to find it later when I am home.

Hi to clobo, hope you are sidewalking and galloping about.

Hi TS, twinkie.

it take me so long to write post when I am at work I miss loads of things in teh meantime.

Kelly - glad you found it and feel more reassured.

just went back to when all you ladies joined to this thread and reassuring to see your worrys you had then is how i feel at the min you should read back ginny xx

wheres loz i wonder!!!!!

I'm here! No baby yet! Did get some DTD done today though :blush: The clary set off mild contractions and period pains, but it wore off and I didn't apply any more, its strong and best not overdone. OH has work tonight, tomorrow night and sunday night. He might not manage all 3 nights! Good job he only works a short distance away.

Kelly I don't know how those little beans do it, but they sure can hide in there!

Midwives flat refuse to doppler you til you hit 16 weeks! Can;t blame them really as its hard to find through the tummy before that, imagine the length of booking appointments if they started dopplering at 10 weeks! Eeeek!

Ginny just focus on the day at hand, and the fact that you can hear that HB...you wil find that your far less nervous in the waiting room of your 12 week scan when you have just come from listening to the HB. When I had Lil Fella's 12 week scan (was 13 weeks) it was the same sono who scanned me with the mmc, and he remembered us and was really lovely and took his time to point out the HB and I was like 'Yup! Heard that just before we came to the appointment!' :haha:

Ok...we are totally well and truly stuck on names. We cannot agree on one at all, not even close.....:dohh::dohh::dohh:

Clo you should spend the day telling your bump in no uncertain terms NOT to come out tomorrow....then you will certainly pop tomorrow!:haha:

Kelly it is scary when you can't find the heartbeat but they have so much swimming room in there just now the little monster is probably just swimming off every time you try to find him/her. Mr Pea here got his nickname of ninja pea because he was forever darting away from the doppler. Even at our scan he kept trying to swim off to some unknown hiding space so he thought we couldn't see :haha: stay calm and try again tomorrow :hugs:

Loz and Clobo - what are these babies playing at? why are none of them here yet?! :haha: your tummy ovens must just be too warm and snug.

afternoon everyone else i didn't mention :wave:

I was so nervous before my 12 week scan. And my 20 week one. I was a wreck.
I found something lovely yesterday - my calendar from 2009. I had saved it as it was a Miffy one (I have always loved Miffy) and I intended to put the pictures in frames for the babies room. Never got round to it but I'm going to do it for the new baby. Looking through the months I had written on how many weeks pregnant I was (with Edie) in the early weeks, and the dates of my scans, booking appointment, last day at work and due date. It was so lovely finding that. I almost don't want to cut it up for pictures now. I don't have a calendar or anything to remind me of this pregnancy, but every thought and fear is well documented in here!
Loz I swear by clary sage. It's such powerful stuff. I was using loads of it, and RLT in my last couple of weeks, and I swear to god my contractions could have pushed out a horse.

Clary and rlt are amazing- used both with my first labour and gave the midwife a shocker when she tried to send me home at 3 cm dilated and I said nono, you come see me again in an hour or too after I have used this oil and drunk this tea and then we will see. Hour or 2 later, and I was 8 and a half dilated! That was one cup of rlt, and one rub of clary, and none at all of either leading up to the start of labour!

Hey ladies

Still here :coffee: going in at 5pm for sweep though!! Been eating my remaining pineapple and taking the RLT tablets, hope it has the same effect that it did on you Loz, otherwise tomorrow im off to town to get some clary oil!!

Yup even now on the dopper it can take a few minutes to get babys heartbeat if s/he is facing the wrong way, they are little monkeys arent they!!

MrsMig, aw i love Miffy too, calendar prints as frames in the nursery is a fab idea!!

xxx

Mrs Mig - what a nice find :) i had the idea of framing a Pucca calendar but i never got around to it :dohh: hello kitty is my all time fav though (i think its a given seeing as though i have them tattoo'd on my feet :haha:)

WE HAVE A NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

We overlooked it thus far because its one of my 4 year olds middle names, but its a name we both like, and it doesn't have any negative media connections, which tend to ruin a good name nowadays...and its also OH's best friend's name...and its unusual! Jethro! :happydance:

I love Jethro!! Fab name! Everything is sorted not so lil fella can arrive now. No more waiting!

Clobo - Hope the sweep goes well and fingers crossed things start soon after as I think if it works it usually does it within 24 hrs. You might have baby by tomorrow night -eek.

Clo ask the midwife how to sweep lol so I can have a go at it myself! I had a feel and I did find the bodypart in question, but I was not at all dilated, though it felt kind of flat if you know what I mean...like when TTC it felt rounds and resilient, and yesterday it felt like it had been thinned and squished...but is firmly closed!

I am so glad you decided on a name! Can you have a sweep even if you aren't dilated? I never had to have one, but my cousin had two (well here they call it stripping the membranes, but I imagine it is the same thing). Her's never really worked anyway and ended up going into labor a week overdue and according to her nurses and how the baby looked, they think she might as been as far as 42 or 43 weeks and had the wrong due date.

Pretty sure you have to be a little dilated to have a sweep, otherwise the midwife would have to dilate you manually and that thought is frankly gruesome! :wacko: I doubt I'll check my cervix again, I don't want to annoy it. I'm pleased it felt as thin as it did!

Its when the midwife does some sort of thingy to your cervix to try to get things going. Not a very technical description I know, but I'm not sure exactly what they do lol in the UK they will only do it if your overdue, or if theres a good reason to try to induce you before dates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->