Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

This is the sprayer that I am planning to get :) https://www.theclothdiapershop.com/BumGenius-Diaper-Sprayer_p_139.html

Kelly, I have never held a baby until our friends brought their little girl home last year. Since then I was forced by them to hold another newborn about a month ago! Haha! Forced! But it is true! Teeny little babies scare me 1/2 to death. I have never changed a diaper either!

If you google cloth diapering you will get a lot of sites to let you know. I was reading the other day about one ladies experience with cloth diapers. She said that although you don't have to rinse newborn breast fed baby poop off she found that it did help to make sure your diapers didn't stain. I am planning to rinse them from the start.

I know nothing about all this either, Kelly :) Just what I am reading online and learning from all you lovely ladies!

We can learn together!

Ooh, seems maybe a regular shower attachment would suffice- our shower is broken and OH is on about getting a shower attachment for the bath taps, and our bathroom is small so I'm sure it would reach to the toilet.

Heres a couple more....I look HUGE in the one where I am holding bump! :haha:

Attachments

• DSCN8102.jpg
    DSCN8102.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN8105.jpg
    DSCN8105.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN8107.jpg
    DSCN8107.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 5
Loz those are brilliant pictures! I adore the one of your face peeking out from the top of the bump. You are so pretty.

Lozdi, I agree, you are beautiful! I love your bump! :happydance:

Clobo, I would have never thought of doing cloth if it weren't for my friend using them. She was saying how easy it was so I decided to look into it.

I think that it is great time for you to go for a walk without the maternity pad. Come on baby Clobo!!

ive just found cloth nappies with farm animals on lol i want them

Clo, no shame in using disposables. Edie has never had a cloth nappy on in her life, but she had struggled with lots of horrible nappy rash and at almost 3 she is still in nappies. The thought of buying disposables constantly for 6 years makes me feel a little weak, so for that reason, babies skin, and the environment I thought I'd give cloth a go this time. I won't be exclusively cloth though, I'll certainly be using pampers when we are out and about. It's going to be nice to have a choice though.
Kelly I think it's an idea to get a bucket with a lid on it and put Milton fluid in to soak the nappies before you wash them.

Hee hee i love those piccys, especially the third one!! Ill do one tomorrow when its lighter and i can take a piccy more easily, my bump just seems to stick out for miles and makes my boobs look small even though im now a 36E!!

xxx

Hee hee i love those piccys, especially the third one!! Ill do one tomorrow when its lighter and i can take a piccy more easily, my bump just seems to stick out for miles and makes my boobs look small even though im now a 36E!!

xxx

Planning to take pics tomorrow? Thats got to mean you will go into labour tonight! :haha: *clutches at straws* :haha:

absolutely wonderful pic Loz - you are beautiful

Hi to everyone! Keep bouncing on the ball clobo!!

Kelly - never feel daft there is so much to learn. I had to google what babies wear ie vests/baby grow/sleep suits etc as I hadn't a clue!!

I will probably be the same as mrsmig and be doing a bit of both, cloth and disposable. Especially since OH got 4 packs of them a couple of weeks ago (to go with the 3000 wipes!)

I'll take my 30 week bump pic tomorrow too.

I spoke to my manager at work. I am still going to finish when I originally intended (6 week time) but from now on I am only doing 3 days a week. I dozed on the settee this evening for about 2 hours which is just not like me usually.

Pink I'm pleased to hear it. I went part time at 28 weeks ish with Edie and it made a huge difference. Enjoy having more time. I just got kicked REALLY hard in the bladder, it almost made me wee.

Don't you be overdoing it! Its good to have a nap when your making a human :hugs:

Ahh, the bladder stamping. I don't miss it...the only movements I get that low now are little hands moving and occasionally what feels like a shrug, and yesterday, what actually felt like baby laughing! Which was doubly funny because he made that movement right after OH mentioned that his brother had gone and bleached his hair but missed the back and as a result has wonky ginger highlights-Lil Fella has his dad's sense of humour :haha:

lovely pics loz, how are you still standing upright? :haha:

id never even given cloth nappies a thought, ill be another disposable :haha: pampers all the way :haha: would never use tesco newborn again they had some stuff on to help heal the belly button, it turned ryans belly button nasty bless him

I can just about walk upright but can no longer prevent myself from waddling :haha:

I hated pampers, I found that for my kids, the asda's own brand nappies were the best, not the cheapest cheap ones, but the sort of mid range ones. I also liked the boots ones that come in the purple packaging. Pampers wouldn't last a night on my boys without crumbling, and by last a night I mean last til my bedtime, so a mere few hours after kids had gone to sleep. I tried the boots organic ones once but found those a bit rough on baby's skin. Its all a matter of finding what suits individual babies really, be it cloth or sposie, pampers or boots own etc.

Pampers have definitely been the best for us, closely followed by Lidl own make. Because Edie is a mega sleeper sometimes she is in them for 14 or 15 hours, and certain brands (Huggies mainly) leave her with a drenched bed. Other own brands have reacted with her skin, making it sore. Now she's in a size bloody 6 and we live in a one horse town I have to get them delivered from asda.

When I first had ryan I was using huggies but as I was trying to get used to the whole nappy changing they got really irratating when I was trying to put a nappy on him+they just kept curling up again underneath him. :haha:
But then pampers sent me a free nappy+i found they weren't as chunky as huggies yet they held a lot more lol

I feel like I may be over reacting but I'm not happy sending ryan to his nursery anymore for all I was worried about him being the bully twice he's come back with scratches down the side of his face, then when I got him home yesterday I checked his face just incase+he said hed cut his lip because a little boy threw a toy brick at him, which don't get me wrong I know kids will be kids but his teacher caught his childminder today+said she completly forgot to tell me yesterday+then explained how his lip got cut, its not the fact he got hurt that annoyed me but more the fact of how can you forget to tell me+theres 2 teachers+not many kids at all yet twice its been missef that he hhad rather large scratches down his face+the first lot had quite obviously bled not much but enough, I know I probs sound like I'm over reacting but I feel like I'm sending him there to come back battered and bruised with no explanation lol

You are most certainly NOT over reacting- at my 4 year olds nursery (he is reception now) the standard procedure for ANY injury is an accident form that they give to parents. My son was always getting them, because he is a clumsy devil, and honestly he would get them for the daftest of injuries, like falling over but not even having a graze. You should be being informed of every bump and scrape and fight that Ryan gets, and thats that. If I were you, I wouldn't send him back there either. MY son has actually had some pretty hilarious injury reports, 2 come to mind: 'Banged his face as he threw himself onto the book tray' and the absolutely hilarious yet baffling 'banged his head while singing' :haha:

In other news,,,I might be in labour! Had a really strong pain, a hardening, and a surge of backache all in one go....OH has gone to lay down because he feels ill and wants to try and feel better incase we end up calling the midwife in a bit! :haha: Now that its after midnight and no longer the anniversary of 9/11 baby has permission and encouragement to get out asap so we can meet him and see if that weight estimate was right! :haha: Hope this is the start, and not a false alarm. :wacko: If nothing concrete happens within the next hour I'll try getting some sleep with the hopes of waking to a trickle.

Oooooooh!! How exciting, Lozdi!!! I hope I wake up to good news tomorrow!

Hope, I agree with Lozdi. You aren't over reacting at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->