Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

I have a question for you ladies. Before I got pregnant this time I was trying to cut extra chemicals out of my life. I started doing the no 'poo thing (no shampoo or less shampoo) and I also started washing my face with the oil cleansing method https://www.crunchybetty.com/nitty-gritty-on-the-oil-cleansing-method I stopped doing the oil thing when I got pregnant because I was worried about using the oils on my face.

Now I am finding my face is SO dry. I use moisturizer but it makes my face feel oily and gross. I would like to use the oil cleansing method again but I thought I would ask you guys first if the oils I was using are safe during pregnancy. I use castor oil as a base and then add apricot oil and grape seed oil. I know that castor oil can be used to possibly start labour if you are desperate but I think it is supposed to work only because it gets your bowels moving which might make your uterus follow suit.

So, what do you think?

Hiya

Mindy, sorry chick im not really all that up on oils and what you can and cant take, id do a search online or ask your midwife whats best to use, there will definitely be something that you can use ... normal olive oil is definitely fine .... a few I know to avoid are clary sage, jasmine and lavendar if that helps.

Loz, aw chick, get rubbing some cream into that belly!!

Hope, lovely bump my dear, you look fantastic!!

Yup ive been on hands and knees leaning over my ball and it does seem to turn babys back to the front with the gravity so there is definitely something to be said for it!!

Hope everyone has good days today, what is everyone up to?? :saywhat:

xxx

morning ladies, happy birthday loz think of us when your sipping that lovely cold beer.
hope i love your bump thats no mess my house is a tip
pink hope you get a good nights sleep soon
mrs migg how you feeling?
clo you gota go hospital today?
wheres debz?
did you sort the dog ts?
hi twinkle xx
and pichi you have been quiet bust being creative i bet xx
hope your all ok xxxxxxx

Aw Loz :cake: happy birthday chick!!

Hospital was too busy to talk this morning so have to ring back this avo .... great!! Im seriously cheesed off now :grr:

xxx

Happy Birthday to Loz and OH! :cake: Hope today is the lil fellas birthday too!!

Just quick one as at work.

:grr: clobo. I'd try again before lunch

Loads of birthdays in September, just shows what people get up to at Christmas time :sex:

Im just going out with my friend then ill ring when i get back i think, just rang Bath though and they said i need to ring them saturday lunchtime if they dont ring me before that!! Best enjoy my last two days of peace and quiet!!!

xxx

Happy birthday Lozdi and Lozdi's OH. :happydance: Hopefully happy birthday to lil fella too!

Happy birthday loz+loz's oh!!!

Clobo hopefully your little mr or miss starts things off for you before sat

Kelly - not long now til your scan

Hi mrs m, debzie, pichi, ginny, twinkie, pink

I'm planning on doing nothing until the little dude comes back at 2, just finished driving lesson fingers crossed I don't need to many more, I asked my instructor if he thought I'd be passed my test by nov+he said god yeah then started laughin+said plus I'm not havin you ready to pop in my car :haha: well that's providing I pass will make gettin out+about a lot easier, think I'm gona go have a lie down now as I'm feeling really rather dizzy, hope everyone enjoys their day :)

Lozdi - happy birthday!

hope - hope you don't need many more lessons! I'm not sure if it's the same in newcastle, but I lived in south London for a while and I thought everyone drove like maniacs compared to over here!

Clobo - hope we get to say happy birthday to your little one today too :) (or tomorrow for me since I'm about to go to bed!)

hope - beautiful bump!

ts - I've never heard of the no 'poo thing? could you use olive oil?

I could see some of the other mums looking at my stomach today at playgroup, so I think they might suspect something. Unfortunately the bump they're seeing is just fat I'm pretty sure, since I only find the heartbeat on the doppler below my roll lol.

only 2 more sleeps til my scan - eek so nervous! I feel happy about the heartbeat now, but scared something else is going to be wrong. I can tell DF is a bit nervous too as he always asks at night now if I've heart the heartbeat during the day. He's also been talking about trying for another baby after this one, which I know he only does when he's trying to make me feel better (he was 2 kids, I want 3).

hope everyone else is well xx

Thankyou ladies! :flower::friends:

Maybe this will be Lil Fella's birthday too...having definite uterine activity, though no waters gone so I can't consider it labour yet. Just hardenings, slight pains, and some backache.

Mindy, I think castor oil is only a no-no if you are planning to digest it, I'm not sure what benefit it has to the skin. I use my belly oil on my face, its just sweet almond base oil with mandarin essential oil added to it, its very nice and should keep your face very soft.

ladies do i stop my folic acid at 12 weeks oh and when can i get my hair dyed again as i look soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad

Mindy, I don't know enough about essential oils to answer your question, I have just been avoiding everything!
Hope, good luck with the driving lessons and test. I'd hate to have to learn to drive now!
Loz, happy birthday, and I hope L'il Fella is making his way out.
Clo, enjoy your last couple of days of being able to rest.
Ginny, I started to show really early with this one. All the playgroup girls knew anyway as they knew my history. Super excited for your scan!
Where is Kelly today? Must be busy with the chickens.
Twinkie, hope that baby has moved.
Pink, hope you are feeling a little less tired. Pichi how goes the piping?
Afm, coping with a very tired little girl and being tired myself took its toll and I spent the afternoon napping on the sofa, until I got woken up by a horrible double glazing salesman. Not impressed.

Kelly we posted at the same time! I'm still taking my folic acid. In a "normal" pregnancy they recommend taking it until 12 weeks but as I'm getting mine on prescription I'm not stopping yet. As for the hair, I did mine once I got into second tri, as I was looking like a badger.

Just a super fast one at work on my phone.

I hope you ladies are alln well :)

Hopefully this is it, Lozdi!!

The base for the face wash is castor oil because it has antibiotic properties and something else that I can't remember at the moment. I will have to look it up again when I get home. I definitely won't be eating it. I just massage it on my face and the wipe it off with a hot cloth. It feels so nice and relaxing.

Kelly, I thought you (general you :)) are meant to take folic acid until the baby comes? But, I don't know. Maybe it is just prenatals you are meant to take that long.

I got my hair coloured at 10 weeks, but I get highlights so it is not touching my head. If you are getting colour on your scalp I would wait until the 2nd tri.

Thats a good point, if you get it done at a salon tell the stylist and she will apply it so less of the tint touches your skin.

The first 12 weeks is the main time to be taking folic, after that you can either carry on or stop- it won't do any harm. I took it well into 2nd tri, as it was part of my prenatal multivits and I took them for ages.

Girls, what do you think? I know a girl who does photography and I've emailed her and asked her for a quote to do a "bump shot". This is gonna be my last pregnancy, and I love my pregnant body, (even with the pelt and the skin tags :haha:) and I'd like a memento of it. It would be a bit of an extravagance but a nice present to myself.

Kelly I still take the 400mcg of folic acid ias it is in my prenatals (pregnacare) but stopped the hig dose at my 20 week scan (although I probbly could hve stopped them sooner) but now I am wondering, as they do help with the regulation of iron/haemaglobin, that might hae been keeping my levels up earleri. Probably not, just speculating. I haven't dyed my hair since last December so can't wear my hair down asI have a horizontal stripe around my head!

Gotta go boss is calling.

Girls, what do you think? I know a girl who does photography and I've emailed her and asked her for a quote to do a "bump shot". This is gonna be my last pregnancy, and I love my pregnant body, (even with the pelt and the skin tags :haha:) and I'd like a memento of it. It would be a bit of an extravagance but a nice present to myself.

I think you should most certainly do it! Treat yourself! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->