Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

BH is braxton hicks, the practice contractions. They actually start really early on in pregnancy, but we only feel them after a certain point, and it varies for each of us. I have noticed them since 16 weeks.

Does sound like a UTI Debzie, hope they hurry up and get you some antibiotics. Tightenings may well just be BH, but they aren't meant to be painful. Some of my later ones are though!

Debzie - hope you feel better soon. Night shift and lates are the worse and don't help when you are not feeling great. Do you have any of the dip things (glucose, nitrates etc) to test your urine at work?

clobo- I can see where he is coming from but honestly!!:haha:

OK that does it! I have had enough! I'm going to run a bath and into that bath is going half a bottle of clary sage, and I'm taking a pint of raspberry leaf tea in too....and just before I get in I'm self sweeping and I don't mean the kitchen floor!

Operation Squeeze A Person Out Of My Foof is about to commence. Heck, if I could fit my yoga ball into my bath I'd even take that in with me. As it happens, I can only just fit myself into my bath.

Lol...abbreviated, thats OSAPOOMF!

Ok here goes. :happydance:

Well it did something....getting occasional pains in the cervix, and my boobs started leaking like mad LOL I want my waters to go! Going to go and vigorously sweep the front room. :haha:

I would have stayed in the bath longer but the water wasn't hot enough for a 3 hour jobby. :wacko:

I'm laughing so hard I'm getting awesome BH.....I'm currently reading what I think might be the funniest thread ever:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/labour-birth/696911-funny-embarrasing-labour-stories.html

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha: Regularly almost choking on my raspberry leaf tea!

Awake early this morning (uncomfy night) and can't type for the tears of laughter running down my face reading that thread!!

Hope you okay Loz and maybe the laughing helped bring lil fella out.

Just got home from the scan now! It went wonderfully!

Basically about 7 doctors performed the same ultrasound - they were just learning to use the machine, so the only measurement they took was how long was the baby. It ranged from 10+5 to 12 weeks! The average of all the measurements was 11+4 - so spot on really :) It really proves though they can easily be out by a few days just depending on how the maybe is lying the the angle they measure it from.

We saw little bubs move around heaps. We could see little hands and feet. I'm so glad I got it done :)

They gave me some pics and videos, but to be honest they pictures the doctors took weren't that great. Here's a pic:

https://i46.tinypic.com/76d.jpg

Here's a video you can see bubs moving around:
View My Video

So happy right now :cloud9:

over the mooin for you ginny, love the pic bet your on cloud 9 xx
any news loz
pink sorry you had a bad night x

Kelly, happy 12 weeks :yipee: Tuesday isn’t far away chick!

The MW I saw the other day even said they should scrap due dates and give a span of a few weeks instead!!

OSAPOOMF :rofl:

Ginny, yay I am soooooo happy for you my dear and what a fab picture, so cute!! Your video looks like mine where LO one using the side of your uterus as a springboard!!!! :wohoo:

Im calling the hospital at lunchtime and begging for them to take me in!!!!

xxx

Happy 12 weeks to your little plum Kelly!

Good luck with the call to the hospital Clobo! I always think it's so funny with pregnancy how we spend most of the time saying "stick, stick, stick" then it switches to "get out, get out, get out" hehe

Wonderful video and pic Ginny - so glad you had such a nice experience.

Happy 12 weeks Kelly!!!

Clobo - really hope they help you out today. May need to start getting firm with them.

Loz - any thing going on after operation OSAPOOMF?

afm - I might have a other look at the loft again today. Its not so much the tidying bit its the clambering over the wooden supports (newish built house so doesn't have the 'open' aspect of older lofts) that annoys me but I am in that need to clean something mood!!

Loz good luck with operation eviction sounds like you are doing all you can and then some.

Pink so sorry you had a bad night.

Ginny amazing photos and vid you are so lucky.

Kelly happy 12 weeks hun, finaly countdown to 12 weeks scan.

Clo good luck.

AFM feeling much better today. I had those same tightening but they were not painful today seems that its when I have a full bladder. Baby is moving and flipping today though. I have been looking at baby clothes and travel systems just need to hold off until ater my 20 week scan. If that too says GIRL then shopping trip here I come.

No baby yet! However, I am having mild irregular contractions, and period pains that are getting stronger. I'm coated in clary sage and sweet almond at the moment, and we DTD this morning after which my belly stayed rock hard for some time.

Glad you like the thread Pink its hilarious isn't it! Some of those stories had me choking and spluttering!

Awww Clo...really hope you pop today before you have to go to hospital!

Ginny that scan pic and video are amazing! Saw your little beanie kicking! :cloud9: Its really interesting that they got such a range of measurements!

12 Weeks Kelly! How do you feel?

Good plan to wait til the 20 week scan Debzie, gender scans aren't wrong often but *when* they are, it tends to be girls that end up boys rather than the other way round. Better to be safe and double check than have a spend off then have to do alot of swapping!

I'm off to make some cheesy beans on toast, and to start the days raspberry leaf tea consumption!:munch:

Clobo, I really hope that you are at the hospital now and things are well on their way!

Kelly, your scan is going to be perfect! I can't wait to hear the wonderful update :) Happy 12 weeks :wohoo:

Lozdi, I hope you are also well on your way to meeting your lil Fella! (I am way to slow typing...) I hope that your clary sage and sweet almond oils get things going and you are cuddling with lil Fella before the day is out!

Pink, I'm sorry that you had a bad nights sleep. I wish that I had some magic solution I could share with you so you could get comfortable and sleep better! :hugs:

Ginny! What a wonderful post!! That video was just amazing! I am so very happy for you! :happydance:

Debzie, I am glad that you are feeling better today. When will you get the results for the possible uti? When is your 20 week scan? (sorry if you already said this, I am so forgetful!)

AFM: My allergies are going bonkers again :( I am using my saline nasal spray but it is not helping a ton. Or maybe it is and I would be feeling a million times worse if I wasn't using it. It is not helping that my cats are attached to me lately. I am allergic to cats and it is not helping at all that all they want is cuddles.

Also, I seem to want coffee all the time. I am not a coffee drinker usually but I bought decaf and have made some. But, when I drink it it doesn't taste good. :( It tastes almost salty. Last weekend when Lozdi was talking about the cafe mocha I made some and it was so weird to have salty hot chocolate! :growlmad: I was really looking forward to it too! :dohh:

I am having a bit of a moment lately. I have been starting to really get worried again about baby. I know it is really, really early, especially with an anterior placenta and my first baby, but I just really want to feel baby move. I feel like that will really reassure me. Gah! Why does this whole thing have to be so hard??

TS I found out today that I also have an anterior placenta (I suspect I also had one with DS). The technician told me that for first time mums with an anterior placenta you usually start feeling movement at about 20 weeks, she said once you've already had a baby you start feeling movement about 2 weeks earlier. So I'm not expecting to feel anything til 18 weeks.

I know it doesn't take the worry away (and I'm sure I'll be worrying about the exact same thing when I'm at your stage), but I bet your bubs is kicking furiously away right at this moment!

Salty ice coffee! :huh: Mine tasted ok, but I didn't really follow the recipe lol, I basically made a strong half cup of decaff with hot water, froze a plastic cup of water, and chucked those into the blender with a load of milk, threw in 2 big spoons of caster sugar and a bit of vanilla flavour and blended it til it looked milkshakey- it was nice, but a bit rich!

My placenta was anterior til goodness knows when, it was recorded as being on the right at the 38 week scan. I felt first movement at 14w2d BUT, third baby, I was extremely relaxed at the time, had my hand on my belly, and was very very aware of my uterus, and I felt a slight bump from inside, like baby had jumped and banged his head! Regular movement began at 16 weeks, but I think I was in a minority there, as most women do indeed have to wait longer for movement with an anterior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->