Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Similar thing happened to me Loz, I had an examination at 2cm and it all kicked off quickly from there.
Mindy don't let the stories put you off. The gas and air does make you feel a bit woozy and drunk but only for a few moments and it really takes the edge off the contractions. I never had any other pain relief so I don't know about that. My amusing moment was being deadly serious telling the midwives at 10cm that I wasn't going to push as it wasn't going to fit through that hole. I wasted a whole contraction and several minutes of third stage labour arguing with them, very politely, thank you very much, that it wasn't going to fit.

How you feeling today cupcake? :hugs:

I'm timing contractions on a website :haha: otherwise I won't notice how far apart they are!:haha:

Haha. I can't believe you're in labour and asking how I am?!?

Other than constant nausea and a throat constantly full of phlegm (Urgh) I'm great.

Glad baby is snuggling in and making me sick. But looking forward to 2nd Tri already. Lol.

Hope it's going well for you honey. You seem so relaxed and positive. :)

First tri is phlegm central :wacko: it eases off thank goodness!

I don't like gas and air myself, it really just made me feel drunk, I remember shouting quite clearly (I think it was clearly) when in labour with my first, that 'I don't like this gas its not productive to be drunk given the task at hand!!'

Midwife just called to see if I want them to come back yet but I said its ok for now as just napping in between contractions. :haha: Mostly they are every 6 minutes, but occasionally I'll have 2 really close together.

I hope Clobaby is well on his or her way into the world! So unfair to be 2 weeks overdue :wacko:

i need to find this labour stories page lol

i had the gas and air to start with all i did was laugh once it kicked in, i tried a water birth and didnt want to go in the pool starkers so even getting changed into my nighty i was still trying to hide out the way of being seen :haha: i think i was in there about 2 hours and i really couldnt cope with the pain anymore so came out and obviously changed into a dry nighty, well by then my god didnt care who saw i can just remember saying to oh and my mam just get this sodding thing off :haha: i loved the diamorphine i was falling asleep between contractions even snoring :haha:, id always said i dont care how much pain i was in i was NOT having an epidural, but if the diamorphine hadnt helped i think i would of definitly went for one

ooooooooooo i cant wait to see pics of these babies

hope everyone is doing well :flower:

Here it is! Have tissues at the ready, as you will find yourself crying with laughter!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/labour-birth/696911-funny-embarrasing-labour-stories.html

Hope, this is the link that Lozdi posted a few days ago https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/labour-birth/696911-funny-embarrasing-labour-stories-31.html SO funny! Hope, I wonder if the diamorphine is the same drug as they gave my friends. I am glad it helped you!

Mrs. M., that is funny that you were refusing to push! Haha! I can't really blame you there, though!

Lozdi, I can't believe you are still coming on here! Every time I see that you have posted I hope that I will see a picture! Haha!

I really hope that Clobo is having her baby now too!

:haha: I'm comfy at the computer hahaha, contractions getting very intense now though, might call the midwives back soon. :happydance:

Can't stop checking the thread- hoping for some news from Clo!

I really can't believe how calm and collected you are! (this is going to sound really cheesy but...) You are very inspirational!

I think that the baby is definitely going to be 9 lbs 2 oz because it was guessed by 3 people (pichi, Mrs. M., and me :))

I'm very excited! Plus the ease of my last birth goes a LONG way towards how I'm reacting to labour, it was just so easy its hard to imagine this one being traumatic!

Its expected by a lot of women that labour is by default going to be negative, I'm happy indeed to find it such a good experience, despite it being ouchy!

Ouchy. Maybe not the word I was expecting! Haha! I am really nervous of the pain. :dohh:

Well I would by lying if I said it didn't hurt, but I can honestly say the pain fits, its productive and helps you know whats going on. Contractions are like intense period pains. In my own experience, it hurts more than stubbing your toe on something hard, but doesn't hurt as much as a tooth with a cracked root. :haha:

I have stubbed my toe and it really hurts. I actually kicked the wall once running after my dog when he was a puppy and chasing the cat and broke one toe and badly sprained another. THAT hurt! I have never had a tooth with a cracked root before.

My friends told me that the pain goes away when you start pushing. I don't believe it, I think they just blocked it out!

Lil Fella...born at 7 minutes past 11!

9lb 13!!! :happydance:

Did it on my feet til he crowned, then went into kneeling on the sofa.

He BF's like a little champion and makes a lot of little noises! :cloud9:

No tear, just one small graze....no pain relief! :happydance:

Attachments

• DSCN8197.jpg
    DSCN8197.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 8
Awesome!! Way to go Lozdi! Congratulations on the arrival of your lil Fella. He is beautiful. <3

I think I felt baby kick today :cloud9: It was just a little tap or pop and I felt it 2 times. :happydance:

Yay for movement! :happydance:

I'm exhausted! Lil Fella on my lap half asleep making his funny noises :cloud9:

Oh congratulations Loz! He's beautiful!!!!

I'm so glad you got to have your home birth and such a wonderful outcome!! So, so happy for you :)

Awwwww. Huge congrats Loz!

I'm having a little cry for you he's so cute. :)

Enjoy him. Xxx

Awwwwww yey loz :happydance: :happydance:

So so happy for you he's absolutly gorgeous, congrats

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back