• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Aw Loz, hope you are feeling better today?? Love your names for babys, belly monkey is a very good one!!

You need to change your status, no longer a tiny bun!!!! Never realised you could use the doppler up the twinkle!!!

My scan is later tonight, bit nervous as they do the Downs test, are all you guys having the tests done too??

xxxx

I'm having an ultrasound and blood work today for Down syndrome, trisomy 18, and another genetic condition.

Hi Ladies!

Had my US today and everything looks great! Finally got to HEAR the heartbeat. I cried like a baby (no pun).

Peanut is an acrobat it seems, as the little one was twisting and turning like crazy! It was so neat to see.

The doctor tried to see privates, but saw no bits, so I have another US to find out the sex in about two weeks, so that should be exciting. I live in Japan and the equipment they have at the Naval Hospital isn't exactly stellar, so the pictures are never crystal clear like I see some other ladies have! I'm not surprised the doctor couldn't see any parts. BUT it did look like the baby was sucking it's thumb!

Also, the doctor said not to worry about my lack of weight gain. I've gained only like 7 lbs. Believe me, I can totally notice those 7, and normally I'd freak, but I know it's for a good cause, so I don't care. The whole experience was a big weight lifted off my shoulders!

And I finally felt movement today for the first time as I was in the waiting room at the hospital. It was almost like the baby knew I was going in to see it!

Crayz thats wonderful! I hope peanut stops being shy and shows you the goods next scan! yay for movement too- let the getting beat up from the inside commence! :haha:

Clobo don't worry about the nt scan, even a 'bad' result can be nothing, I read some ladies accounts of it and some had 7mm nuchal and baby was still fine and normal. I am having the nt scan, because if I didn't I wouldn't get a 12 week scan what with having had one after 8 weeks. Obviously I cannot predict how I would feel if I got a high score plus soft markers, but at the moment I'm generally against invasive tests. The bloodtest and nt scan is as far as I'll go and to be frank I'm not even fussed about the bloods lol I just want to see bellybean!

Feeling a bit better today, the poorly has passed I'm just worn out now!

Ok need a lil advice!! I have a dating scan booked for march 16th but I'm going away for a few days on the 19th which we scrimped for ages to afford and I'm worried that if it so happened that something is wrong on scan that I will have to miss the few days away or summit happening on the trip.. Anyway the EPAC here are great as I have been there a few times they kinds know me and I was thinking maybe explaining the situation to them and they might agree to scan me before just to reassure me that things are ok even if it's a week before my next scan I know it's not gonna change anything or stop anything from happening but I'm anvil freaked out at the mo cause my sickness seems to have fizzled out and I'm only 10 weeks according to the dates from last scan and since my mc at 16 weeks ive never got this far so I'm flipping out a hit help!! Xx

It is worth a try- especially if the early scanners know you. Don't expect the maternity bit to re arrange your appointment they are hard to move, but the epau is another department and they can use their own discretion. Dating scans are strict they usually don't take worries seriously unless there is bleeding and/or pain but the epau obviously have a gentler approach so I say go for it.

The other option would be to say the holiday is booked for just before the scan and you didn't realise and can you adjust the appointment but then you run the risk of them saying sure, just come after the holiday. Are you having NT scan? That has to be done strictly between 11w-13w6d. How far will you be on the 16th?

My morning sickness went as soon as I hit 9 weeks my baby's heartbeat gets louder everyday so I am proof that the disappearance of sickness can be harmless- and I have had 2 other healthy full term pregnancies and I threw up every single day from week 8 til birth so I was doubly freaked when the ms vanished at 9 weeks with this one! That being said nothing will stop you worrying until you see that happy dancing baby on the screen.

I'm in nottingham and here the general rule is they absolutely don't offer early dating scans unless there is bleeding and pain, but I have had 2, all because I took it upon myself to call the epau having extracted a promise after my mmc that I could be scanned by them early next time. I held them to it and they weren't difficult- even though the procedure should be a gp referral. I told them I don't have a particular gp that I have a trust relationship with and thus couldn't just see a random doctor and expect them to take my fears seriously and refer me. I hope my little essay helps! I'm still cream crackered from tummy bug and not entirely sure I am making sense yet. :hugs:

Yer thanks I think I'll ring EPAC tomoz I have awful back ache tonight but sure that's from helping my son sort his toy room lol I still fell shattered Nd have sore bbs so I'm sure things are fine I'd just rather find out sooner rather than later if there is something up as last mc my symptoms literally vanished over night! X

I get backache too :hugs: I have been getting it for a few weeks now, low down. Stuff has to soften and move for our belly monkeys!

Hey ladies!

Wow Crayz, movement already, how many weeks are you then??

Bump, aw mate its hard not to worry isnt it. Id ring and explain and ask them, Im sure they will be good and help you out. Otherwise really try hard not to worry, what will be will be and you worrying isnt going to help, in fact its better for baby if you are stress free. Why not just try and look forward to your trip instead. My nausea stopped at 11 weeks and some people dont even get it at all so it doesnt mean anything. Massive hugs for you, let us know what they say :hugs:

Thanks Loz, im not really actively worried about the screening results but its kind of there in the back of my mind and obviously feel a lot better once I get the scoring. I dont blame you for wanting the test just so you can get a scan, its mad how different areas of the country offer different things, we all pay the same National Insurance rates!!! Hope you are feeling better now, tummy bug cant have been nice :hugs:

Sarah, how did your scan and tests go chick??

Mine was ACE!! Although she really had to push down and now my tummy feels bruised and battered!! Baby was wriggling a lot, using the wall of my uterus as a springboard and it took ages to get a good measurement!! Im measuring 13+2 today so she put me forward 5 days!!! Everyone now thinks im having a massive boy like Ben who is 6'3" and well built!! Pic below ....

Lots of hugs and :dust: ladies xxx

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 8
Well I didn't ring in the end as I feel like total and utter poop today lol I'm just gonna try and wait out the next 16 days after all I've gone the last few weeks so what's another 2 x I'm just gonna try n stay pos and concentrate on uni for the time being x

Don't be afraid to call them, I was and it was unfounded as they were lovely. :hugs:

Clobo! He or she looks like a baby! :baby::hugs: I have been thinking about my upcoming scan and I will not be accepting any due date changes, even if I measure ahead or behind. I had a clear scan at 8w5d and I love my due date- my birthday! So whatever they say to me about dates next week is irrelevant! Gestation was spot of for when I released eggy so I'm happy with that. I'm sure babies begin to vary in size before 12 weeks anyway, everything I've read has said the early scans are the most accurate. I really can't wait to see Bellybean again!

Sarah- how did your scan go? :hugs:

Leap year today! 29 is my favourite number!

Well hello ladies is it Ok if I join:flower:

I know many from ttc after loss but for those who do not know me. I have had two missed miscarriages in my quest for #2 first was a twin mmc in nov 2010 the second a singleton in june 2011. With all my pregnancies I tent to spot and bleed from 5 weeks through to 10 this is why the mmc were picked up before my routine 12 week scans.

So here I am at 5 weeks today. Taking each day as it comes and at the end of the day take solace that I have been another day pregnant. I would welcome more symptoms as I only have a few.

So hello ladies.

Debzie :hugs::flower: Happy to have you here! I'm so sorry for your losses and I know worry can't be helped, but the attitude of taking it one day at a time is a good way to get through it, fingers eyes toes and even legs crossed that this one is the sticky one! Something I noticed about pregnancy after a loss is the time goes sooooo slowly, then you get to a certain point and think well, that went slowly and fast at the same time.

I didn't have much going on symptom wise either at 5 weeks, but the uber hunger struck soon after. Will you be having an early scan? Are you on low dose asprin? I self prescribe it because I had a mmc too and never got to know the true cause, but I worried I might have had sticky blood.

Thanks for the welcome loz. I have an appointment with my Gp next wed 7th she told me that after my last mmc and the circumstance (seeing the hb at 7 weeks then finding out at 11 that it stopped the day or after that scan) that I would be monitored and offered an early scan. So I am going to remind her of that promise. I will be 6 weeks by then and so if I have my scan even the week after I will fell more reassured than having it now. With my last pregnancy I took the low dose aspirin and still had the mmc so to be honest have not this time. Time has stood still. thought lol.

From what I have seen, scans at 5 weeks are never particularly reassuring, and by 6 weeks you will see a definite event taking place, and if the sono is good you will see a lovely little flicker too :hugs:

You may find that time stands completely still between scans, it pretty much did for me. Couldn't relax at all until I got a doppler.

Asprin isn't necessary for everyone, I just had a bad feeling about my blood, plus was getting pretty hefty palpitations, which actually stopped within a few hours of starting the asprin.

7 days, one day at a time, then you should have an idea of when you can get that scan! I hope they aren't to backlogged and you get it nice and swiftly!

My body isnt helping my sanity at the mo! First my sickness goes n comes back now my bbs aren't sore (although I find they hurt more when I'm on my feet all day.. Gravity and all that..and I have been laid down most of today) I thi k if for anything else a scan would just ease my mind I think I'm just too scared to go for one ! Sorry btw for spilling my guts lol

Hey debzie congrats and I know exactly how ur feeling! I've had 4 mmc and a blighted ovum between 5 weeks n 16 weeks in the last 2 1/2 years for #2! I'm now 10+1 and wishing each day away! I had a scan at 6+1 and saw a hb but my next one isn't for another 2 weeks 2 days so every twinge and symptom differ is freaking me out as u can tell but on the plus side this is the furthest I have been since my mc at 16 weeks in 2010! I also tried the asprin thing and it didn't work for me either all I've been told is that i might have just been unlucky 5 times! I've had every test possible too x try and hang in there and take your mind off it and time does go quicker.. I'm at uni so that helps me a lil bit xx

Thanks Bumpblues I know I too am wishing my life away and I know very soon I will be the one spilling my guts so go ahead. I feel like it is there just niggling to the surface. So glad to are past one of your milestones but I really hope the next 2 weeks and 2 days goes fast for both of us. Sounds like we will be having scans at the same time. I have dd and work to keep my mind off things and I am trying my best to stay away from google and ebay.

As for tickers that bb code you have needs to be entered into the insert link part of the siggy toolbar and see if it works from there.

I can't stay away from google, I don't want to either I'm one of those people that just soaks it up like a sponge and can talk enough sense into myself not to go nutjob due to Dr Google overload! I'm glad I google so much because if I didn't the mmc I had would have completely full on blindsided me but because of google I was aware of the existence of it and treatments and thats why I could make my decisions so swiftly. My googlings this time round tend to be more about doppler reviews and examples of scans. FF is a great resource for looking at scan pics, I look every other day to see what my baby would look like if I was to go for a scan every week.

My boob soreness varies massively, it used to freak me out but it doesn't now, my boobs have always been awkward!

The point of this thread is for ladies pregnant after a loss or losses and spilling one's guts about fears is a large part of that- its not like we can talk like this on regular first tri all the ladies lucky enough to have had no losses would run screaming for the hills! Spill away! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->