• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

I'm nervous to find out the sex!

We'll have to keep each other posted on the results of the scans.

I've been cooking like crazy, but everything has spinach in it. My mother was like, "Do your vitamins have iron in them?"

Then I remembered I forgot to pick them up on Friday! So I guess my body needs iron. Moms: They always know what's up.

I've been SO tired lately. I have to take a nap if I do laundry. I love to nap. It's one of my favorite things, so I'm not complaining. And since my husband hasn't been home for like a month and a half, and won't be home for another 6 weeks, my housecleaning and cooking has been minimum, which gives me more time to NAP!

Other than that, no complaints!

How are you ladies feeling?

hahaha, I have gone off spinach, maybe because my iron levels tend to be through the roof in pregnancy anyway!

Its a big thing finding out the gender of your bump- but necessary for me as if Bellybean is a girl I have to know in advance to avoid her coming home from hospital in boy stuff! Plus I am an impatient sod!

I'm on the very same page as you regarding naps, I'll nap the whole day long if I get the chance! :sleep::haha:

My belly is almost flat again I guess I am past the bloating!

Have you considered getting a doppler? I love mine! I'm getting very good at finding the HB now it only takes a few minutes instead of 20+ Finding it internally is alot easier than through the tummy though thats for sure lol

My 12 week scan will be so much less nerve wracking if I hear the HB myself before I go to it. I'm fighting the urge to book a private one for next sunday just to break up the wait!

Dopplers are REALLY expensive here in Canada. My doctor has one that he said I'm welcome to come in and use if I'm needing reassurance, so that'll be enough for me, I think.

I have my next scan on February 28th and I'll be 12w6d! So psyched to be safely past the first trimester at that point.

Sarah, you should look online. I saw some for decent prices. You would just have to find a company that ships international, but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

Congrats on almost making it to 12 weeks!! It's such a relief! You're doing great so far.

Loz, girl baby dust to you! (either way, I hope it's a healthy baby first and foremost). I don't think your daughter will care if she's in pink or blue, but I see your point. They just have the cutest girl clothes, don't they?

I would love a girl, but then I think about what I put my mother through as a teenager and then as a young adult and my gosh, I don't think I could do it. Plus between me and the two female dogs I have, I think my husband deserves an estrogen break. I just think of boys as being much easier and I see Mothers being so close to their grown sons, you know?

Either way, I'll be happy. It's just getting so close I'm thinking about it constantly!

Ebay is good for dopplers- you will find most sellers are happy to post globally too. But saying that if you have an open invitation to use your doctor's one then thats good! Be aware though that having a tilted uterus will make it harder for you to find HB so don't panic if it takes a while to find.

I was a hellish teenager too lol! I still would like a daughter of my own someday, even if she becomes evil soon as she hits 13!

Bellybean gave me a scare today, he was hiding right up the top of my uterus and it took me 40 mins to find HB- when last night it took me 30 secs! I was on the verge of tears when he decided to let me find him! LOL, cheeky monkey already and I'm not even in 2nd tri!

Hey ladies

Sorry ive not been around a few days, still having trouble with my laptop at home :comp:

Im deffo not finding out what we are having, my mum isnt too pleased as she wants to knit some funnky baby stuff so she has to do green and yellow, i bought her a funky pattern book so its not all old fashioned stuff!!

Im loving naps too .... especially in the early evening when im home from work, Lola is tired out and she sleeps on my lap .... she wont be able to do that for much longer she is getting huge!!!

And my bloat has gone too!! Yay!! Just desperate for a bump now! Went back for repeat bloods this morning and midwife told me i wont pop out till about 20 weeks .... nooooooo!!!!

Aw Loz, little monkey you have there my dear!!! I cant wait to hear the hb next tuesday!!!

Big hugs ladies!!! xxx

You may well pop out a bump before week 20! With my first, by the time I hit week 20, I looked 6 months overdue! At 12 weeks I could pass for 20 lol although alot of it was caused by my organs moving up out of the way of the mighty uterus.

Hi Loz, yep I think I have a bit of that going on, it's getting harder to suck it in!!!

Xxx

Hey guys sorry I havnt replied till now but ive been swamped at uni!! thanks for all your lovely words of support... I had a scan on the 1st feb and there was a baby with a hb measuring 6+1 so I was a little out on my dates but I'm now 9+1 with loads of symptoms still and have contacted midwife and had first bloods done I also have my next scan in 3 weeks and 2 days on the 16th x so so far so good!! I'm so glad u are all doing well and will post a pic of next scan whe. I have it x

Hey guys sorry I havnt replied till now but ive been swamped at uni!! thanks for all your lovely words of support... I had a scan on the 1st feb and there was a baby with a hb measuring 6+1 so I was a little out on my dates but I'm now 9+1 with loads of symptoms still and have contacted midwife and had first bloods done I also have my next scan in 3 weeks and 2 days on the 16th x so so far so good!! I'm so glad u are all doing well and will post a pic of next scan whe. I have it x

:happydance: I first saw bellybean's HB at 6+1 and I was considered 'behind dates' simply because they didn't listen about me ovulating late. I saw HB again at 8+5 and all was well. My next scan is march 8th and seems like a year away! I can't wait to see your scan! :hugs:

Hi Bump, yay so glad you are progressing well and have all your appts booked!! :wohoo:

They would have told me that as well but i insisted the midwife put down the dates i said not what she thinks as I know I ovulated a week late!! You'd have thought with all the ladies with long cycles that they would have a system for coping with it, all it does it to worry people unnecessarily!!

My next scan is next tuesday, cant wait to see all your pictures!!

xxxx

Having a mini flap today my nausea seems to have faded but I still have sore bbs and am still v tired :/ xx

Having a mini flap today my nausea seems to have faded but I still have sore bbs and am still v tired :/ xx

I know exactly how you feel. At 9 weeks I lost the nausea and sickness and bloating, but the tiredness and sore boobs stayed and I hear HB every single day- try not to worry, if you can, get yourself a doppler it will save you a ton of worry once you can hear the HB. :hugs:

Hiya loz! Look at you, nearly 12 weeks!!! :yipee: hope you're ok x

I had a dopler but we seemed to think it was cursed cause everytime we tried it I'd miscarry daft I know but I threw it out!! The one I had was from 14 weeks onwards I need to find one that u can hear from earlier I'm almost 10 weeks any suggestions! Xx

Hiya

Fili, how are you my dear??

Bump, sorry ive never tried a doppler, think id find it too stressful although i bet its wonderful when they actually work and you get a good clear hb! Yay for being 10 weeks!!

Loz, remind me when your scan is?? Bet you cant wait to see beany again!!

:dust:

xxx

Hi Ladies,

I hope you are all doing well!

Sorry I have appeared to be a little awol - I have been lurking just not posting. Anyway on Thursday last week I started to bleed a little bright red blood!!!! Totally freaked me out so called the GP etc anyway I was referred back to the EPAU and had a scan this morning and this is what we saw..........!!!!!

I couldn't believe it, I was so worried and everything seems to be perfect and my dates bang on! I have my routine 12 week scan next Friday 9th March :)

Attachments

• ooo.jpg
    ooo.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 8
  • photo[1].jpg
    photo[1].jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 6
Hey Louby
Aw mate that must have been awful, so glad that things have turned out ok though, apparently bleeding is quite common although that doesnt really help when it happens to you. Your scan pics are so cute, were they internal or external, got a really good angle and what a sweet little face!!

:hugs: xxx

Aww Louby a scare is always horrid but what a lovely outcome- gorgeous little belly monkey as clear as day! Did they find out what caused the bleeding?

As for dopplers, I'm a huge fan of the Hi Bebe one. Using it via the twinkle gets a clear HB everytime, but can take a while to find if baby is playing hide and seek.

8th of march is my next scan, not long now! Its not a scary thought anymore because of the doppler, I can't recommend getting one enough, its been a sanity saver! I'm getting over a nasty tummy bug today, so its doubly reassuring as I got a bit feverish at one point and was worried.

Aw Loz, hope you are feeling better today?? Love your names for babys, belly monkey is a very good one!!

You need to change your status, no longer a tiny bun!!!! Never realised you could use the doppler up the twinkle!!!

My scan is later tonight, bit nervous as they do the Downs test, are all you guys having the tests done too??

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->