Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Lol, I now have 2 tickers both saying different GA. The one slightly ahead is based on my slightly revised EDD after the last scan. I feel both are appropriate, I feel I am between 8w6 and 9w2 lol

Hey Loz

:rofl: that really why you want to get a Doppler, so you can hear your parps!!!!! Well let me know if it works, I probably won't get one tho as thry are quite expensive aren't they and I know I would be stressing about it. Deffo remind your midwife about your nt scan!!

So you have a range of dates, I think that's better actually, only a small % of babies arrive on their actual due date anyway!!

Hope the nausea gets you today, lol! Weird how we avtually want to feel crappy!!! Mine is fading out now I think altho I'm still knackered!!!

How is everyone else doing?? Fili, how are you my dear??

:dust: and :hugs: xxx

Ug! No sick yet today. If I don't feel awful again by tomorrow I'm going to have a private scan next week.

Congratulations to everyone who is expecting!

It's so exciting that lots of ladies on here are experiencing good things so far.

I suffered 3 losses and am now almost at 16 weeks. This is the farthest I've made it and I'm excited but petrified as well.

One thing is that I had NO morning sickness at all. I know that doesn't mean anything, but you hear tons of people's opinions about morning sickness and healthy babies, blah blah. It makes you nervous. I haven't really felt any movement yet, and I also am not showing one tiny bit. I've been to the doctor several times for US, and everything looks good, I just still get worried with my past track record and all the things that other people say.

I'm sure a few months from now I'll be saying the baby is keeping me up all night and that I'm so huge I haven't seen my feet for months, but until then, I'll just sit here full of anxiety!

Contrast again ladies! Will be praying for all of you and it's so great to meet you all!

Hi Crayz

Congratulations to you and brilliant that you have made it to 16 weeks! I guess everyone is different but it must feel wierd to you to have no bump, sickness or movement .... I suppose as long as you have had scans and they tell you everything is ok then im sure within a few weeks you will most certainly "pop out" and have a churning stomach!!!

The things we have to look forward to eh!! Take it easy!!

Loz, what did you decide to do??

Congratulations to everyone who is expecting!

It's so exciting that lots of ladies on here are experiencing good things so far.

I suffered 3 losses and am now almost at 16 weeks. This is the farthest I've made it and I'm excited but petrified as well.

One thing is that I had NO morning sickness at all. I know that doesn't mean anything, but you hear tons of people's opinions about morning sickness and healthy babies, blah blah. It makes you nervous. I haven't really felt any movement yet, and I also am not showing one tiny bit. I've been to the doctor several times for US, and everything looks good, I just still get worried with my past track record and all the things that other people say.

I'm sure a few months from now I'll be saying the baby is keeping me up all night and that I'm so huge I haven't seen my feet for months, but until then, I'll just sit here full of anxiety!

Contrast again ladies! Will be praying for all of you and it's so great to meet you all!

When I was pregnant with my son I had NO symptoms at all and I didn't start showing until nearly 20 weeks and he was a healthy full term boy. Everyone and every pregnancy is different.

Hi Crayz! Big congratulations on 16 weeks! It must be odd indeed to not be showing yet....I have a bump and I'm 9 weeks lol although it is more a blump than a bump. I wonder if getting a doppler might help you relax, as I bet there is nothing quite as reassuring as being able to hear baby's HB everyday!

Not sick today but did heave so that'l do me for today. Hoping to avoid a private scan this early as funds are an issue. Won't feel the need for one once I can pick up the HB myself. I'm still getting all the right twinges, and my gums are still swollen! :happydance:

Thanks everyone!

I think a Doppler is a good idea. I'll have to look into that. My husband has been gone for a month and still has two more to go (military) so I'm sure if he got to hear the heartbeat too that would be awesome.

As far as showing, I'm very tiny by nature, petite and very slim like my mother. She only gained about 15 lbs total with my brother (her first) so maybe it's in the genes. OR maybe I'll wake up one day and look down and think, "Wait... Where did that come from?"

I guess I shouldn't even be complaining. So far I've had It very easy. I've had TERRIBLE morning sickness with past pregnancies and I know how horrible it can be (to this day I STILL cannot even look at Kiwi Strawberry Snapple). My heart goes out to you ladies experiencing it right now.

I am have a lot of stretching going on in my uterus, so I know baby is making itself at home, knocking down walls and staying for awhile. I just hope it cleans the stains off the carpets and fixes any holes in the walls before it gets evicted :winkwink:

:haha: They don't half wriggle around in there don't they- nearer term you will be being beaten up from the inside, and getting feet stuck up in your ribs and your bladder used as a bouncy castle- its alot of fun! I'm quite slim myself, I don't know why I show so fast but on my 6 week scan they noted my gestational sac was huge, so much so they worried and make me go for another scan, but there is was measuring within normal.

I took an afternoon nap and dreamed I went to my 20 week scan and saw a little girl. It was very realistic until I took the scan to show my grandma who is no longer with us! I have no instinct about gender either way so the dream was a bit of a surprise. As long as its healthy I don't mind a boy or a girl. Boy would be finacially easier though, because I have 2 already and kept all their baby things!

Lol Lozdi!

I actually went to see my therapist today, and the psychiatrist (he calls himself "The Drug Guy") looked at me and said, "Wait, Mrs. D?" I said hello to him as I've seen him before but no longer because I had to quit my meds for pregnancy. He said, "Oh my gosh, you are NOT EVEN SHOWING YET."

I just giggled, but thinking about it now, knowing my history, he probably shouldn't have said anything. Oh well.

I can't wait to feel movement!

I've also had dreams that I was having a girl! I would be happy with a girl, but honestly, I'd be happy either way as long as the baby is healthy.

When do you find out what you are having?

He must have been in shock because most of us get all massive and bloaty lol

Doppler came today.....I found HB!!!!!! Took ages to pinpoint, but once I found it, it was very obvious. There was my slow steady grown up pulse, and a crazy fast beanie galloping horsey sounding HB. :happydance:

I'll be finding out what I am having at 16 weeks, I plan to have a private gender scan, its a good excuse for me to see baby in between my NT and anomaly scans, plus I need as much time as possible to come up with a name. My youngest had no name for 2 weeks lol he was called smidgen and poppet for that time. He was 2 weeks early lol he has been impatient ever since!

Hi ladies

Im quite slim too and i think ive even lost a few pounds since before i was preggo!! Cant wait for that bump!!!!

Crayz, you are funny, I have visions of our babys in there with hammer and plasterboard building a little den!!!

Loz, you make me laugh too with the blump!!! Glad you had some sicky feelings! And :wohoo: for finding h/b on the doppler, that must ahve been so exciting ... will you be on there every day now??

So I had another scan yesterday, Jellybaby is 4cm long now and was wriggling and kicking, even had hiccups at one point!! Amazing!!!

Im not finding out what we are having, i want the surprise!!!

:hugs: xxx

Attachments

• Scan 10+3.jpg
    Scan 10+3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 6
Yes you are right, it is no easy balance between cautious and excitment- It is so hard to imagine how a miscarriage sets you back and makes subsequent pregnancies more troubling to the mind but keep your hopes up as much as possible.....

Now I really need to get a Doppler!

Please keep us posted as to what you're having! I may look into a private scan to find out. I'd love nothing more than to drive my husband crazy because I would know and he wouldn't. I'd say things like, "I'll give you a hint, it's between a boy or a girl.....GO!"

I'll still know before him as he's not home for another two months, but it would be fun if I could mess with him now!

I have an appointment on the 28th, where I'll be about 18 weeks. Do you think they may be able to tell then, or would I need a private scan somewhere else.

Clobo, I applaud your willpower! I think it's so awesome when people wait to be surprised. I do not have that kind of willpower, unfortunately. I like to be prepared! (but really, I'm just a control freak).

If the appointment is for your anomaly scan then its very likely they will be able to tell you what you are having, unless baby is being a devil and hiding it from the sono! I have heard of some hospitals having a policy not to tell people the gender, just incase they get it wrong, but generally they should tell you. If its a boy, you will see boy bits quite obviously, girl bits look like 3 white lines. I would like to have the willpower to wait for a surprise, but I know as soon as I hit 16 weeks I will get that big urge to know!

Morning ladies.

Non-vomiting streak ended last night with a 20 minute bathroom session. It was horrible. Yuck! I've been wanting that confirmation though, if that makes any sense, lol.

Next scan is on February 28th. So nervous and excited!

Sarah-Anne, I'm so glad you got your "vomitification." Ha! I crack myself up.

No, but seriously, I'm glad it put your heart at ease.

Thanks Lozdi for the info! Now I'm really excited for my Feb 28th appointment. I'm sure since it's my kid it will be stubborn and modest! The legs will probably be closed tight! So I bet you I'll post to you after the scan and tell you that we have no idea what it is. However, that being said, if it's a girl, she better keep her legs closed until she's 30!

Oooh so both of you will be getting scans on the 28th! :happydance: My next one is the 8th of march, but I'm completely fine with that now I can hear HB every single day! Haven't found it through my belly since the first time- but its quite easy to find internally! :haha::blush:

I find myself still tempted to go for a private scan just to see bellybean swimming about like a nutcase- yesterday HB was on the right, today it was far left lol and as soon as I pick it up bellybean starts to swim away! Active little monkey!

Sarah, 11 weeks gone already- do you find that even though time seems to be passing excruciatingly slowly, once it has passed it seems like only moments ago?

Still not being sick here- can't quite believe I got away with just a couple of weeks of it, I'm sure its going to start up at some really unfortunate moment, like when I am at the shop, or worse still- on a school run :dohh:

My appointment letter for my scan says I might be there for 2-3 hours LOL thats because my midwife put me down for consultant led care and they are busy people at the mercy of emergencies. I fully expect that the consultant is going to try and talk me out of taking the asprin as its not prescribed but she will found that about as easy as getting a lottery number prediction from a brick wall.

I find that time is both slow and fast. Looking back on it, I'm like "Whoa! 11 weeks already!", but when I'm just sitting there thinking about it, I think that September is so far away!

In a way, I'm glad I vomited. I haven't had any nausea since, which has been nice too.

Have you considered getting a doppler? I love mine! I'm getting very good at finding the HB now it only takes a few minutes instead of 20+ Finding it internally is alot easier than through the tummy though thats for sure lol

My 12 week scan will be so much less nerve wracking if I hear the HB myself before I go to it. I'm fighting the urge to book a private one for next sunday just to break up the wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->