Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Find a ticker you like, click on it and it will take you to where you can make your own :hugs:

Hi ladies :wave:

Debzie, congratulations, so lovely to se you again and hear your lovely news! I have to agree time stands so still although once it has gone by it will feel quick I promise!! Really good news that they will give you an early scan but yes not a lot of point having one till about 7 weeks when they can see a bit more. That wont be long :hugs:

Bump, I agree, this is where yuo CAN spill your guts, we all have the same hopes and fears and so can help. Id say if you are worrying this much then you need to make a decision and stick to it. Either ask for an early scan and have your mind put at rest or just try and be positive and hang on for the next two weeks. Either way try and relax, like you say throw your energy into Uni ... what are you studying?? :hugs:

Loz, LOL, i was adamand that i didnt want my date changed but she measured so many times and it all came back the same so in the end I agreed. Im probably just going to have a giant baby that takes after Ben!! My lady said that the early scans are less accurate because of the tiny size and also because they are more curled up it makes it more difficult to measure. Id say as long as they are a week either way then it doesnt really matter. Im sure they change their minds again at the next scan anyway!!!! :saywhat:

Im now 13+3 and cant believe where the time has gone now!! Im just waiting on the next nerve wracking thing which are the results of the Downs screening. Just need to get that out the way and then ill relax i think, all my urine and bloods came back good so far too.

Sending you all lots of love and :dust: xxx

Nothing they say will sway me lol my birthday beanie is my birthday beanie and thats that! And I am beyond stubborn lol I wish them good luck if they want to try and change my mind on the matter! :haha:

Just had a chicken salad baguette from bakery and it was so damn nice I'm going right back now for another one- glad its at the bottom of the street!

Mmmm yummy!! That sounds nice, im going to have to start making packed lunch for work, yesterday i had a massive plate of chips, cheese and beans!!!! Oh dear!!!

I dont blame you, especially if its your birthday .... and how many babies come on the actual due date anyway .... you may as well stick with yours if you have a reason!! Im going with my earlier date as that means i leave work earlier :rofl:

xxxx

Hahaha! Good plan! I have informed Bellybean that he should ideally get born on my birthday in the morning, so I can have a beer in the evening! I think its something like 3% of babies come on the edd, FF put it as sep 14th, last scan put it at 13th which is not only my birthday but OH's too lol both my boys have november birthdays, I can see a future for me where I spend all spring and summer saving and all autumn and winter spending :dohh::haha:

I notice that most of the time Bellybean's HB is on the left, and sometimes middle but not on the right except once or twice in the first week of dopplering. I wonder if that means the placenta is on the left- I thought it was on the right from where I felt twinges early on! I must remember to ask the sono about this next week!

Ooh i never thought about that. At my scan Jellybaby was lying acrossways sort of draped over my spine!!

Wow that would be cool to all have birthdays on the same day! All ours are spread out in my family but mine is the 21st September, it is the best month!!! :rofl:

Just had my Downs screening results and low risk at 1 in 10,000+ so that is very good news and I can relax a whole load more now!!

:wohoo:

xxx

Thanks for the welcome clobo and great news on the downs screaning.

I know, I was so shocked, she said i wouldnt hear till next week so means I can go away this weekend and not worry about it!! Next step, 16 week midwife appt, cant believe I wont get to see Jellybaby now till 20 weeks unless we pay for it!! Ill see how the money goes!!!

Debzie you are more than welcome here, I so love seeing other people get their BFPs when they have struggles so much. You really deserve it chick :dust:

xxx

Lozdi my lil boy was due 1st of July and I had him on the 9 th one day after my birthday! It's awsome having your birthday so close even if it measnt spending from 6 am on my birthday in labour lol x

I'm just gonna Han in for next two weeks and hope for the best I will have to take my lil boy to scan as we have no one to watch him that day and the scans at 8.45 am so his nursery will still be closed :/ and I'm studying biological science... I want to have a career in embryology when I'm done x

I love labour (weird I know) so I'll be over the moon if it happens on my actual birthday but I won't be disapointed if it happens before or after, as long as its as much fun as the last one!

Clobo I had an eye fail reading your post and thought it said you'll have to pay for the 20 week scan now and had a proper :saywhat: moment! Lol, pregnancy brain! I'm going to break up the scan gap between 12 and 20 with a gender scan at 16-17 weeks depending when I can get an appointment. Its extravagant I know but I feel I deserve it after all the stresses which haven't entirely gone. I'll take OH and my boys to it and we will find out together.

Know what I look forward to about my 16 week midwife appointment? Showing her where the HB is! Haha!

Omg my heads all over the place I woke up at 9 am which is v v unlike me n haven't felt sick all day bbs still slightly sore n tired ish :/ I'm not happy unless I feel really sick tired and like my bbs are gonna drop off any sec!! Wish my symptoms would just stay put till after scan!!!

Clobo-I'm between 17 and 18 weeks!

Lozdi-My husband and his mother share the same birthday! She always says, "It was the best birthday present ever!"

Sarah-I hope you're doing well.

And sorry for not responding personally to the ladies asking questions. I'm from the US (but live in Japan) and sometimes have no idea what you are talking about as I have never heard a lot of the terms!

And to the ladies getting worried about morning sickness subsiding, don't stress over it! I've had terrible, terrible morning sickness with every past pregnancy, and with this one (the one that actually stuck) I have had NONE. For the longest time I thought that because I didn't have it, something must be wrong. I just had a scan a few days ago and the baby is fine, growing normally, heart rate perfect, and moving around like crazy! Every pregnancy/person is different. I know it's easier said than done to remain calm, but go ahead and eat something since you finally can enjoy it! :winkwink:

Omg my heads all over the place I woke up at 9 am which is v v unlike me n haven't felt sick all day bbs still slightly sore n tired ish :/ I'm not happy unless I feel really sick tired and like my bbs are gonna drop off any sec!! Wish my symptoms would just stay put till after scan!!!

I know exactly how you feel hun, I fully expected to feel sick til week 40 so it vanishing at 9 weeks really did throw me somewhat. My placenta obviously just took over a bit early. I read somewhere it actually starts to take over at 7.5 weeks! Symptoms are a pain in the butt when they don't behave!

Crayz if you don't get a term we use just say so, we will happily explain it :hugs:

Loz that seems to.have flown over hope you can chill a bit so the time passes by. How you feeling?

My pms went out of the window sunday and yesterday. Just keep thinking there is something wrong. Roll on tomorrow when i see my gp. Then starts the wait for a scan. My stomach has blown up over the last few days. But still no ms.

I start to feel super exited but then have to have a word with myself and calm down. I'm just so grateful for my doppler!

At 5w6d I had no ms either, just huge bloating!

Unfortunately, nothing will stop you worrying at least until you hit 12 weeks and have the scan and then you may be able to relax a bit, I'm hoping I will anyway. Right now all I know is baby has a good HB, he could have 3 legs or two heads! probably not, but still, until I see him I will have lingering worries. Hopefully the wait for your scan will be a short wait! :hugs:

Was looking to get a doppler have an angelsounds one that i bought with dd but it was not much cop. Which one do you have?

Hi Bebe 2MHZ doppler with a probe. They also do one with a lcd display that shows you the bpm but honestly you don't need that as baby's HB is incredibly obvious once you pinpoint it. Mine arrived from ebay when I was 9w5d, but I'm confident I could have found HB before that by way of twinkle dopplering, it gives a clearer sound than belly dopplering. Its like giving yourself a tv ultrasound lol once it took me 40 mins to find HB and that did panic me but I found it eventually. Honestly without my doppler I would be a complete nervous wreck. The reviews on the hi bebe doppler are good, and I read somewhere it is clinical grade and I believe it too, its such a great little thing! It does make me see why midwifes don't look for HB til 16 weeks though, imagine it taking 40 mins for them to find a HB at an appointment! I'll take mine to my own 16 week appointment and show the midwife myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->