Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Twinkie, mine was the same-epidural, slice, pull baby out, see baby over curtain, send placenta to lab for tests, and stitching. Oh, and then good drugs. Everything after that is hazy. It was pretty simple actually. I agree with you, I have no desire to watch the miracle of birth. Some people think it's unicorn farts and rainbows, and no judgement from me if they feel that way. It just seems messy, lol.

Good luck hon, I hope it goes smoothly!

Pink, do you mean the one for baby, or for yourself? Or was that Pertussis?

My daughter is getting vaccinated for everything. I did a lot of research on the topic before Yeardley was born and figured she didn't necessarily need all of them, but then we found out about her heart defects and decided it's best for her to be fully vaccinated because any infection could go to her heart and that would NOT be good.

That's my stance. Plus I don't feel comfortable taking medical advice from Jenny Mcarthy. But that's just me.

i keep unsubscribing to this thread with my fat fingers on my phone :dohh: haha i'm off to catch up!

good luck today twinkle!

I've just seen that on the news about the whooping cough vaccine. When is it going to become available does anyone know?
Pink, that would have upset me too. It's a ghastly phrase. I think my friend who has just had her second had a tough time passing all the placenta and it was a bit grim for her.
We need to compile a list of all our due dates don't we? I'm third tri on Sunday I can't believe it!

Crayz - its a new(?) vaccine given to mothers between 28-38 weeks which I assume will confer some immunity to baby from birth. I think its available from Monday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19729989

I had it when I was 4, can't remember much but I think it was bad. I, for a long time, thought that was the reason for my asthma although that's probably not the case. It was very bad as a child and wasn't diagnosed till I was 11. My chest must light up with radiation for all the chest x-rays I had! . My grandma, mother and sister has asthma too (well they have inhalers - they all smoke and my sister never had it till she smoked).

Ooo yey more babies, good luck Twinkie

I have no idea about this new vaccine, shows how much notice I take :haha:

Hope everyone is well today :flower:

I have my 28 week check a week on Tuesday so I will ask about it then. I had bronchitis when I was a child and I've had a weak chest ever since. I had asthma in my late teens and early 20's but I seemed to grow out of it. I still occasionally use a salbutamol inhaler though. They say the immunity is passed onto the baby for the first year of life so that's good. You do worry a little about risks with new things though don't you?

I think it's supposed to start from next week Mrs M.

I've been really short of breath lately. Even just walking up the stairs dunno if its anything to do with the pregnancy or the cold I've got x

Twinkie, good luck today! Very exciting that you get to meet your LO today :happydance:

Kelly, I'm sorry you aren't feeling so good still. I hope you start to feel better soon!

Pink, that would have brought me right back too. :hugs: My sister asked me the other day if I had seen "What to Expect When You Are Expecting" and I told her I found it sad. She realized what part I was talking about and said "Oh. I guess it depends on when you saw it. Probably wouldn't be so bad if you saw it last week." I told her I DID watch it last week. People who haven't experienced mc's have NO idea what it is like. You are always sad, forever, about the mc.

There are so many ladies on this thread who are close to meeting their babies! So exciting! Pink, Pichi, Hope. Is that all? :wohoo:

Mrs. M., I can't believe you are going to be in the 3rd tri on Sunday! So exciting!! Time is flying. :happydance:

Lozdi, I hope you are doing ok. I really hope the antihistamines are helping you. :hugs:

Crayz, I can't wait to see a picture of Yeardley's smile! I think you can get a Photobucket app and upload your pictures from your phone that way and then add them to bnb that way.

MMM, I have read that shortness of breath is a pregnancy symptom. I hope your cold goes away soon!

I am so sorry if I missed anyone. I am so sleepy today! I only got up once to pee last night but I got woken up by the dog extra early this morning. Is it normal that I only got up once to pee last night?? I am nervous... Also, I have been having pains in the sides of my stomach, mostly on the right side. Is that the round ligament pain? It doesn't happen at certain times, like if I am moving or whatever, just if I am sitting and it will hurt. Not bad but makes me worry.

I hope you are all well. :flower:

It's totally normal TS ... with DD I didn't get up in the night to pee until I was over 30 weeks! With DS I was up almost every night and same this time :flower: I think when we are PAL every little thing makes us worry, I know it does with me too :hugs:

We watched that film too and when she had the MC hubby grabbed my hand and squeezed. I think it's true that it doesn't affect people as much if they haven't had an MC before. I shamefully hold my hands up and admit that I never knew how painful it was and how hard it was to deal with, I had a few friends who had had MC's before and I always sent hugs as I never knew what to say. I naively thought that it would never happen to me and once it did I felt so much hurt, not just for my baby but for the friend's who had lost babies and thinking about them feeling like I was.

Sorry went into a rant there :blush: x

Too scared-If you're worried about the pains and the lack of urine output (see how clinical I made that?) I would call the doctor or MW just to be on the safe side. Just make sure you are drinking plenty of water, about a gallon or more a day and you should be okay.

Thanks for the tip about photobucket! I'll have to try that. SO much easier I'm sure.

I just watched that movie during our last typhoon (we have one on the way right now too) and I definitely cried at that part. Or the part in "The Help" when the woman is burying her babies in the backyard.. Gets me everytime.

MMM-I think you have a double whammy, poor thing. It could be pregnancy AND the cold. I hope you feel better soon. Get some rest this weekend if you can!

Pink-I never heard of that! Then again I'm not pregnant anymore so I'm not really up to speed on these things at the moment. With your history it may not be a bad idea. Then you have to wonder, "Do you buy a car the first year it's on the market, or do you wait until all of the recalls have been sorted out?" That would be my only concern. Just do your research..

Mrs. M, third tri already? I feel like you announced your pregnancy last month. Time speeds by when you have a little cupcake!

That's what I call her BTW, Little Miss Cupcake (or LMC for short). It's become such a trend that all of my friends and family send clothes with cupcakes on them. My mother even knitted a cupcake hat for her. Lol! I was thinking for Halloween she could be bacon or a cupcake.

Mindy, brilliant news on the screening results :yipee:

Mrsmig, sounds like a lovely lot ofpampering!!

Kelly, sorry you are feeling poo, how about doing something nice to give you a pick me up??

Twinkie, good luck my dear, thinking of you xxx Hee hee sounds like a c section to me altho I could see mine reflected in one of the poles that held the lights up in theatre!! Ew!!

Ooh im going to ask my midwife later about the WC vaccine, ill let you know what she has to say about it!! Im getting my flu jab next month.

MMM, yes I got that too, enev now your uterus is growing and squishing other organs plus your heart is working harder pumping extra blood, take it easy my dear xxx

Danny had his photoshoot today with my friend, ill put a pic on in a bit xxx

Loving the pampering Mrs M :)

:hugs: Kelly it's awful when your not feeling well.

Thanks Clobo x

Thanks ladies :hugs:

I am still peeing quite a bit during the day. It was just last night. (I love how clinical you were, Crayz ;)) I am trying to drink a lot of water. At least 8 8 oz glasses a day. Maybe I just didn't drink much right before bed last night? I have an appt with my dr in a week. If it gets worse before then I will call my dr for sure! I don't have the pains constantly, just for a little while every few days.

I still don't have my appt time for my anomaly scan. I really need to know soon so we can make plans. I hope it is not too late, hopefully next week or the week after.

Only 6 weeks until we find out the gender :happydance:

I found my night time peeing tailed off a bit in 2nd tri, I think if you are drinking plenty and everything okay during the day then it sounds normal. Not long till you anomaly scan, that's seems to have gone by fast. Maybe not to you though. Sometimes I think this pg has gone by quick and other times each week seem like forever.

Thanks Pink :)

I know what you mean about time going fast and slow at the same time. My first tri seemed to have flown by. But, when I think about the day I got my bfp it seems like forever ago. Some days I think "Wow! I am nearly 18 weeks!" and then other days I definitely feel like I have been pregnant forever.

Yes when you are TTC, pregnant and have your baby time just seems to be in a world of its own!!!

Here is a little piccy from this morning .... he is doing his little old man face as he has his grandad tank top on my mum knitted!!! xxx

Attachments

• DSC_1164 Shopped.jpg
    DSC_1164 Shopped.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 7
That sounds like plenty of water to me! I could have stopped drinking water at 3 in the afternoon and still gotten up at least 8 times to use the loo (As most of you ladies call it). I swear she used my bladder as a pillow.

Time IS flying for you ladies! I'm sure it doesn't always feel that way for you all, but I can compare it to when our military husbands deploy. When it's your husband, 7 months or more drags on forever. When it's someone else's husband, You're all, "Wow.. he's coming home next week? That was fast!"

it will be over before you know it and you'll all be holding your LO's in your arms soon enough!

Okay. Here they are. Sorry the ones of Y are so dark. If I have the light on my camera phone on, she squints. I tried taking some with my Nikon, but it was being a douche today for whatever reason.

And I have no idea why my pictures come out all wonky when I save them from my phone. Oh well. You get the general idea..

Attachments

• Foils.jpg
    Foils.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 8
  • YSmile1.jpg
    YSmile1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 7
  • YSmile2.jpg
    YSmile2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online