Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Thank you Mrs. M. :hugs: How are you?

That is the maternity pay I am talking about. We get Employment Insurance here and that is who pays your maternity pay. It is not equal to your regular pay, only 40% I think. But, you need 600 hours working in order to qualify. That is equal to 75 days of work. I have worked 18 days so far this school year. I only got 15 of them because I had a 3 week sub position. :( This really sucks.

We can survive on Shawn's pay. It won't be that we can't eat or anything, it is just going to be a lot tighter than we have had in a long time. We just ordered a wood stove to help with the electric bill for this winter. It should be here today but we have to install it. Last Jan our electric bill was $600, for one month!! That is mostly heating the house. We have the wood stove but still have to save money for a new chimney and to buy the wood... :wacko:

Shawn is not worried. He said we will be just fine but I always worry about money because we have had some hard times in the past. We were finally getting on our feet and then now we are going to be hit right back down again. :(

I have been wracking my brain to see if I can get a new career in our tiny town. But there really are no jobs here. Well, no jobs that I can work that will make more than child care will cost. :(

I would LOVE to be a SAHM but I really don't know if we can do that.

Well, at least I have made 2 hats so far today... :haha: So productive. :dohh: I am much more calm now. Shawn called and made me feel better.

Here is one of my adult hats. Please excuse the bad hair! It was braided and now it is frizzy. Also, I swear to you I clean my bathroom mirror regularly! :haha:

Attachments

• IMAG0242.jpg
    IMAG0242.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG0245.jpg
    IMAG0245.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 5
ts love your bump looking good lady xx
sorry you are having a poo time hopefully things will get better soon, loving the hat man your so clever wish i could do things like that

Thank you Kelly :) I am trying to keep busy today to keep my mind off it. :dohh: Worrying about it won't make any difference so...

I hope you are well :) I hope you are all well :flow:

I don't really know. :wacko: Sometimes it feels like time has flown but other times I feel like it is crawling. It is hard to believe it is almost Halloween already!

I am starting to feel a little pressure to get things done for baby. We have a bit of work to do before I can start on the nursery. The room that we are going to use for the baby is the current "cat room". They have their scratching post, food, and litter boxes in there. We are going to move all of that down into the basement as soon as the woodstove is all set up. I fully expect never to see my small cat again... :haha: She will go into the basement next to the woodstove and get comfy and that will be it. I think they will both be beside themselves to be allowed in the basement.

After we move the cats down we will clean the room from floor to ceiling and then we have some work to do. We replaced the flooring upstairs so we need new molding around the floor upstairs and I would also like to add some crown molding around the ceiling. We also have to replace the plugs and the light switch because the previous owners had the room painted for their son's favourite hockey team and they painted right over the electrical. Red and blue just doesn't look that great with our nice green walls. :haha: We also have to finish the closet because there is no shelves or bar in there. And we have to put a door on the closet since there was no door when we moved in. Then I am going to paint a mural on the wall. I want to do a tree, but I think I mentioned that already. After that we have to refinish all the furniture and set it all up.

I feel like that is TONS of work and we are soon going to run out of time! Eek!

So, with all that rambling, I think I am ok if the time goes slowly for a little while. :haha:

That's lovely TS! I love it!! :D I'll definately be adding one of those to my order :D I forgot to measure DD's head :dohh: but she is average size so I think 20 inches is roughly the size for a 6 year olds head :thumbup: Beautiful bump also ... I missed the bump pics! They are beautiful, your blooming :cloud9: x

:hugs: Kelly x

aw love the hat T_S and love your bump :D know how you feel on the feeling the time for getting the nursery done. we're nearly finished but i'm almost due to pop! just do a little at a time now and it will be done eventually :) don't feel bad about ranty posts too - that's what the forum's for ;)

missed the delivery of my pram today because i was working! >__<# noooo! getting it delivered Wednesday though so it's fine. Have a scan tomorrow too so i will get to see the (not so)wee man :D

hope everyone's well :flower:

thanks mmm hows you?

yeah i have loads to do too as curently the room that is guna be nursery is full of boxes and boxes still to be unpacked still kind of scared to do anything or to buy anything which prob sounds silly really hope this feeling goes not long till our scans

pichi we must of posted same time cant wait to see pics of all your lovely work do you have a link of wat your pram looks like?

I hate missing delivery's!!

:lol: Kelly I think that's how I'll end up being :D But then again we need to put C and T into on room to make the other room into a nursery so it's going to be double the trouble!

I'm not too bad, still really tired, just wish these iron tablets would kick in soon I just feel so run down. Wrote most things down in my journal though x

pichi we must of posted same time cant wait to see pics of all your lovely work do you have a link of wat your pram looks like?

i do, we've gone for the Bugaboo donkey in Duo mode. Although Pixie is coming up for 2 she is still on the petite side and can't be expected to walk the 2 miles that it is from my house to town and back .

https://www.babyandco.com/imagprod/bugaboo_donkey.jpg

pixies seat is pink and bubies carrycot/seat is Jade green :D

i will post pics of the nursery when it is eventually finished. cutting it REALLY fine though in my books. have so many things yet to do like get my sheets and bumper for crib made :dohh:

I hate missing delivery's!!

:lol: Kelly I think that's how I'll end up being :D But then again we need to put C and T into on room to make the other room into a nursery so it's going to be double the trouble!

I'm not too bad, still really tired, just wish these iron tablets would kick in soon I just feel so run down. Wrote most things down in my journal though x

hope you feel better soon. i'm sure you'll get your energy back real soon :)

:hugs: Kelly. I know what you mean! I finally feel like I should start buying things now. I am looking forward to getting started now. But, for the longest time I wouldn't even entertain the idea of getting anything. Your scan will go wonderfully, I know it!

Pichi, I hope you get it all done really soon. I'm sorry you missed the delivery of your pram but I am glad that it worked out easily to get it rescheduled. I hope you get a picture to share on here from your scan tomorrow! :cloud9:

MMM, I will get started on your DD's hat now. I am going to do the top purple and the bottom pink and the pupils in the eyes purple. Is that ok? I am sending you a PM now :) I hope that you are feeling better soon.

I hope you are all well!

I must admit I quite like the pram! I wasn't keen on bugaboo's but I really like that :D

Thank you.

That's sounds perfect TS, she will adore it :cloud9: thank you :flower: x

to be fair i hated bugaboos - we had an Icandy peach and the plan was to convert to a blossom2 but with all the hassle i've had with them we thought we'd just get a new pram and sell the Peach instead... that way it's brand new too.

thanks t_s. hope we get a sneaky wee pic from tomorrows scan too :D although he's going to be so squished in there i'm guessing there won't be much to see

Awesome MMM, I will start now :) Will your children be ok with sharing a room? I hope that goes smoothly.

Pichi, I really like that pram. A lot! Kind of makes me sad that we will only have one kid so we can't get one like that! :haha: If Shawn gets his way we will end up with 2 kiddos so we will see. Haha!

I can't wait to see pictures of your finished nursery.

oh my - i don't know what this little fella is doing tonight but it feels like he's pushing super hard on my cervix!! and it's bloody sore!

Oh no! LO, you have to stay in there for a little longer!! Stop pushing on mommy!

Tbh we find them in DDs bed almost every night :lol: so they'll be fine :haha: it's so cute. We have some lovely photos of them together :cloud9: pity they aren't that friendly in the daytime :haha:

Ouch I remember that pichi :( :hugs: give mummy a break little man! X

Hi all, just another quickie!

Pichi - poor you and the man bashing your cervix. My little smartie has been trying to get out sideways today it seems!! I was quite worried over the weekend as I didn't feel a lot of movement and even got the doppler out but he must have been having a wee rest. Can't wait to see a pic if you get one tomorrow!

Kelly - I felt the same as you and didn't buy or do anything till after my 20 weeks scan. Once that one is done you will feel more confident and just buy a little something at a time.

ts - hugs for the money wobbles. I hope you get more jobs soon but either way things will work out. It does seem overwhelming at times. Apart from a few big items like the pram/car seat and doing up the room room I haven't spent that much as we have been given loads of nice things (patients and family) or bought 2nd hand.

hi mmm and everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->