Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Thanks Mindy and Pichi. I had a bit of a kip on the sofa this afternoon. The housework is suffering but I'll get back on it when I've got more energy. What's worse is that we are doing a house swap with marks sisters family so as we are staying at theirs they are staying at ours so I need to clean everything up for them. God, what a drag.
How exciting about feeling a kick from the outside! They will start to come thick and fast now.

Oh that really sucks :( Cleaning for company like that is always SO much more work than when you are just cleaning regularly. I always want to make sure every single thing is perfect. I hope you get some more energy to get it done. :hugs:

Hi girls :) its been a long time since I posted. Just wanted to leave an update. I got pregnant 2 months after my MC at 5 weeks. I was pretty scared during most of the pregnancy. I rented a Doppler to help me get through the times between appointments. My baby was due nov 25th but I went into preterm labor at 30 weeks and had to stay in hospital until week 34. I went into labor again at 33 weeks and they kept giving me morphine and gravol to help hold it off a bit longer every day I would dialate a bit more. I spent a week contracting every 10 min around the clock by day 5 I started throwing up from the pain , I threw up for 2 days straight !! I had started throwing up blood because the stomach acids had started to burn the inside of my throat , stomach and esophogas. The drs did not want to help my labor progress until I hit 5 cm. finally one of the drs took pity and said " I think she is 5" really I was just 4 1/2. So he got me the epi and broke my water. My beautiful baby was born oct 13 weighing 5 lbs and 13 oz ( 34 weeks gestation)
He is doing great , just in the NICU to work on feeding.
Anyway just wanted to say don't get discouraged and to all the moms trying for a BFP after a mc and for the pregnant moms .... Stay strong!! :)

mrs my mum always says the housework will wait lol it will be there tomorrow!! dont over do it im sure everyone will understand if there is a bit of dust in places xx

ts great news you felt that i wish i would start feeling things soon im dreadful i i always think bad things im worried im not feeling anything due to something being wrong not sure why i do this to myself but there you go.
hope your all ok x

Thanks Crystal! Congrats on the birth of your son and thank you for sharing your story.
Mindy, I'm a bit of a "take us as you find us" type of person and I'm going to make sure the house is reasonable but I'm not going to stress too much over it.
Kelly 17 weeks really is the earliest anyone would feel anything first time round so try not to stress. I was 20 weeks this time before I was feeling regular definite movement.

The first movements can be misinterpreted too for things such as gas :haha: I am sure you will start getting wiggles soon Kelly :) have you an anterior or posterior placenta too? Because that can sometimes play a part in it too :flower:

How is everyone this morning? Mrs miggins hope you are putting your feet up ;)

Totally agree with everyone else Kelly ... I think I was around 18 weeks when I felt DD and 15/16 when I felt DS. I felt this one the other day but that was only when pressing on with the doppler I've not felt anything since.

:hugs: Mrs M make sure you take it easy

How's everyone doing?

Congratulations Crystal! :happydance:

Mrs Miggins...to put it bluntly- stuff the housework! You being rested is more important than a tidy house! :hugs:

HI ladies!!

I am back! Mum went away this morning so had a bit if a tidy up, 'cosy' up with OH and a kip as I had bad sleep last night (dodgy tum I think).

Kelly - don't worry, do you still use the doppler? Like I mentioned before it was only odd bubble sensations I had at 18 weeks and then initially I couldn't be sure it wasn't wind. For some first time especially with strong stomach muscles it can be up to 20+ weeks. Very soon you'll know!

MMM - can't remember if I pout this in my other random posts Happy 12 weeks!!

Debzie - yay for finishing in 6 weeks! Early December before Christmas is great time to finish! No hassle of who's turn it is working over Christmas.

Mrsmig - will be popping over to your journal. but not much longer for you to work either. I don't think it has fully sunk in with me yet that I am off. I would be cleaning like a nutter knowing someone was staying at my house. Even when family visit I do the same, not sure why I am sure they wouldn't even notice bits I had missed. So I say the same as everyone just relax and get your feet up.

Loz - Wow he is looking like a lovely lad. No worries about his weight as he looks wonderfully healthy would be interesting to know though! I hope smarties get some height genes from OH as all my family are shorties, I'm 5'2" and according tot he 20 week scan he did have longer than average thigh bone.

ts - loved the fish emotion pic you had on FB - made my mum laugh.

Pichi - It will all be done soon and then you can relax. I'll pop to your journal - how did the scan go? Is he still head down and behaving?

Congrats Crystal!

Hi clobo, cupcake, crayz and I always miss some one.

afm - mums visit wasn't as bad as anticipated. I am just washing and airing everything as she smokes and although she smoked outside it still seems to linger everywhere. She bough my a lovely fisher price rainforest mobile for the cot which is fab. I also got to meet my brother fiancée properly. She seems nice and they seem good together.

I had my mw appointment on Tuesday which OH came to for the first time as he is still off work. It wasn't my normal one but everything seemed ok. I have noticed the tops of my feet swelling up slightly as I found getting some shoes on tighter than usual and today my finger are a bit sausage like! My BP is fine so nothing to worry about there.
I spoke to her about what the 20 week scan hospital mw said about not going over 40 weeks. She wasn't too bothered by it and didn't seem prepared to want to anything about it. I don't want to be induced but I hope they can at least give me a sweep at 40 weeks as I think I have it in my head now that's what is going to happen. I certainly don't want to wait much longer after that. I go back in 2 week so hopefully I can speak gain to my usual mw although I think she'll be the same but I might be a bit insistent about the sweep.

Crystal, I am not sure if I had joined this post before you stopped posting, but I wanted to say congratulations! You worked so very hard to meet your new little boy. What a great mommy he has!

Kelly, believe me, we are more alike than you know! I am constantly worried. Now that I think I am feeling movement I am constantly worried if I am feeling enough movement. To me the movement kind of feels like a muscle twitch in my lower tummy. For all I know it really could be muscle twitches! Haha! It is not consistent enough for me to know for sure what is going on. I will be 22 weeks on Sunday! I think you still have tons of time. :hugs: Try not to worry (and I will try to take my own advice!)

Mrs. M., I am totally OCD about cleaning when people come over. :shy: (I am actually pretty OCD over lots of things. It isn't good :() It is not good at all. I know no one will care, I am just nuts. I really hope you rested well today. :)

Pink, that fish picture totally cracked me up! I am very much into dogs and learning what I can about dogs and those emotions are so important to watch when it comes to dogs so when I saw that I knew I had to share it. I found it so funny. I'm glad your mom's visit went well. It is always better when things turn out that way. I am glad you got to meet your brother's fiancee too :) Sorry about the swelling. Hopefully that is the worst of it and it won't get any more. I am glad you BP is good! I am always nervous of my BP going out of whack. :dohh: I hope your next MW appt goes well. I hope you can see your regular MW again and that things go as you have them planned.

Lozdi, Pichi, and MMM, how are you ladies today? I hope everything is well.

How are all the rest of you ladies? I hope you are all well!

I got my first belly rub today! :wacko: It was from a lady that I worked really closely with last year. I didn't mind but she did ask afterward if I was ok with it. :haha:

I did hear a little good news so please cross your fingers for me. There is a job coming up in the school I worked in last year, teaching the same students I had last year, and I really hope I have a shot at it. It is only until Christmas but it really will go a long way to getting me maternity leave. :happydance: I love those kids and would love the opportunity to go back with them, even if it is only for a few weeks.

Oh TS that sounds wonderful! I have everything I possibly can crossed for you. You really deserve this :flower:

I'm ok just tired not feeling too good either :( x

ts - fingers crossed for the job, that would be so good and a little weight off your mind. When will you hear/get an interview? I am not naturally a touchy person (I am more of a huggee than hugger - if that makes sense) but I got lots of belly rubs from my patients and it didn't bother me one bit. I think if it was a stranger than that might be different. I think other peoples excitement rubs off make you feel more excited.

Thanks ladies :hugs:

The closing date is Nov 2 but the job already started. They have a sub in there now but she doesn't want to be there. She finds them quite the handful. They are, but they are my handful, you know? <3 I hope I find out soon!

MMM I hope you feel better soon.

Sitting on the couch tonight, relaxing, drinking cafe mocha (decaf :)), and crocheting. What a nice evening. :)

I hope you are all having just as good an evening!

Pink: the scan went well - he's head down but i didn't get to see very much :dohh: he is getting ready to launch though haha - he's starting to engage so i guess that's always good.

glad your visit with mum went well :) and poor you with the sausage fingers! it's one thing i didn't suffer with during pixies pregnancy and *touch wood* haven't with this one either :thumbup:

t_s fingers are crossed for you with this job! it would be great for you to get it :D

pram arrived today and i love it! there is a post in my journal with Pixie all smiley in it haha i couldn't get her out of it! hehe

Thank you Pichi :)

I don't know why I have never been to your journal before :shy: I am off to check out your pram now :)

Yay for your LO getting engaged!! Too bad you didn't get to see much :( But, soon you will see him in person!!!

it really isn't so long to go now. Still can't believe i'm pregnant if i'm honest! these last 9 months have literally shot by! forgot to mention my TENs machine arrived in the post today too so that's all ready and sitting on the half packed hospital bag :haha:

it isnt long until your scan either :D bet you're excited!

Awesome :) TENS machines are for pain, right? I saw one for sale when I was at physio the other day. It was $160 but if it works for pain I might have to look into getting it!! :haha:

think it's personal preference with them :) don't buy one though - you can hire them online for around 7 weeks :) and they are around £24 ($36)i had one last time so wanted to get one again :)

Hmmm, I will have to look into being able to rent one around here. Thanks for the advice.

When I used to go to physio all the time he used to use the machine on my knotted muscles. I am sure I could use it for more than just delivery if I did end up buying one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->