Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Hi all,

Kelly - how are you today? How was OH yesterday at the scan?

Hi TS - I will try the apples if it get bad again although I really have to force myself to eat apples. They remind me too much of diets!! Glad your are feeling a bit better and these antibiotic clear things fast.

Heartburn a bit better today, cramps settled down this afternoon-boo I was hoping it was something but either way it sound like he's heading the right direction.

Thanks Pink :)

It really sucks that the cramping has stopped. I am glad to hear that smartie is moving in the right direction though!

Kelly, I will send you a PM. :)

hey pink doing ok ive stopped googling and determined to be positive,oh loved it we were both so shocked as we really thought it was a girl lol

Pink hope the heartburn settled down, I too have been crippled but the gaviscon I was prescribed is making my constipation worse.

TS hope those antibiotics kick in soon hun and you feel better.

Kelly I am glad you have stopped googling.

I went shopping with my Mam today and have purchased a pram to pushchair got a bargain too as they were selling off the display models in the shop. Also got a pram suit for my little girl to come home in and some fluffy towels for her. Finally started to buy things and am feeling better now. Had the worst night sleep night, lil girly is now head down and I was feeling a lot of pressure and pelvic pain. Same today when walking. Cant remember Emily doing this soo early.

Thanks Debzie :)

That is great you got such a good deal on your pram. :) My parents are going to buy one for us. It is really strange for me to have to start buying things now! :haha:

I didn't realize you were having a girl (baby brain!! :shy:) It is great to have some little girlies coming into this thread :)

Debzie it really is different second time round isn't it? I had a lot of pelvic girdle pain from around 20 weeks, thankfully this only lasted a few weeks. Then I got a sciatic pain occasionally when I walked in my lower back and bum. That has eased off now too though I noticed it again today for the first time in quite a while. Also I have been having loads - absolutely loads - of those "lightening crotch" pains when walking, like someone is sticking a hot poker up my hoo hah. I don't remember any of this with Edie, I just remember feeling sort of big and uncomfortable.
Kelly I'm pleased you have stopped googling. You have a healthy baby boy there!
Mindy I hope your antibiotics kick in soon. I'm on day 3 and though my sinuses are still bunged up and I'm still needing to blow my nose a lot to clear my head I haven't had the hideous migraine type pain today and I have been able to get a few bits of housework done.

Mrs. M., I so happy to hear you are starting to feel better. I hope your nose clears out soon and then you make it the remaining few weeks illness free!

Just wondering what you ladies though. I was thinking of getting OH a gift for when baby is born, any ideas? A lot of stuff is personalised and since we (or I) haven't 100% decided on a name then I can't do any of that yet.

No bother TS I am outnumbered on here.

Mrsmigg glad you are feeling better, I too have the lightning crotch moments often and siatic pain, she feels soo low at the moment. Wont mention how my cervix feels as I know you are squeemish lol.

Sorry pink not ignoring you we posted at the same time. I got Chris a funny Haynes manual on baby.https://https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Manual-Conception-Haynes-Workshop/dp/1844257592 when I was pregnant with Emily.

thanks for that Debzie - I missed your earlier post too! Fab news about the bargain pram, it nice to be able to go shopping although it took me quite a while to relax into it. Hows the house hunting going?

Kelly - have you been buying anything recently. I know you started to look at prams.

Pink you are giving him the best present in the world already! You are altogether much nicer than me. I sat there like the Queen of Sheba and waited for people to peel me grapes :haha:

If I thought he would even think of peeling grapes for me then I would be the same!! :haha: But he just doesn't think like that at all!!

We have found a house offer accepted its just a waiting game now.

I agree with mrsmigg you are giving him the greatest gift.

Wonderful news Debzie!!! Hope it all goes through quickly for you.

While I am asking questions what did you all do about visitors family/friends etc coming round after the birth? This is my dilemma

I feel a bit pushed into having visitors as soon as baby is here. OH family live in the same town as us but my mum, Stepmum and dad live about 5 hrs away (they will all come up together in one car) and plan on coming up as soon as I am in labour (I think as step mum is super excited!!). Normally they stay with us but OH's family have offered to put them up. I still think my mum thinks she will be staying with us although she was there when OH dad actually made the offer and she never said anything then or since and I never said that she would be staying with us either. I don't know how much time they will want to spend with us, plus the FIL/MIL/sort of MIL (the heavy smoker) too so I am a bit worried about what things will be like when we get home with baby. I am probably bothering myself unnecessarily about it.

Awesome news Debzie! :happydance:

Pink, that is so thoughtful. I haven't even thought of something like that :shy: I will have to think on a suggestion. Maybe a bunch of snacks/beer? Haha!

Tell them, you will let them know when you are settled then it will be visiting time. Be firm, and don't be swayed by any guilt trips. I am fortunate in having a very non pushy family and in laws, but I know many have trouble with being 'descended' on by family who all want to see the baby immediately and have very little respect for the fact that most new parents would like a little settling in time before pass-the-baby commences! You could suggest a super quick visit when baby is very new, just to have a peek, then a longer more cuddly visit when you have settled in and gotten over the engorgement stage. Trust me, when you are sat there with your boobs out squirting out milk for a little relief between cluster feeds, you will not want visitors! :haha:

Don't worry Pink, I was never in any danger of having grapes peeled for me either! What I would suggest is that your family stay with OH's family when Smartie arrives, so they are on hand to visit etc but not there the whole time. Explain you need time alone together as a family to settle in. Then invite them to stay after a couple of weeks when OH goes back to work as you will appreciate the help? That is if they are likely to help and not cause you more work. I had mum come every day after mark went back to work. This time round she will be staying as she doesn't live locally any more, but she will be even more help as she can help out with Edie. As for other visitors like friends and other family members I suggest none for the first week and then limit it to one set a day. Even that sounds a lot but at one point I almost had one out one in and it was hell. I also had an electrician, a plumber and the health visitor all come the same morning as well.

Thank you both. That's the plan I had mrsmig. I think its more my mum that I bothered about. I am happy with them staying at OH's family house but I know mum won't be overly comfortable staying with them but then that's not up to me to 'protect' her (which is what I do though - bad role reversal unfortunately) but it will better if my dad and stepmum are there too - they all get on which is just as well!!

Loz - you made me laugh at the thought of relief squirting!!

Had a chat about it with OH as it has been playing on my mind for a while. He hadn't even thought about any of that, also when are we going to ring people to tell them things are happening? As I know step mum will be getting my Dad to drive up the road as soon as I mention a twinge!! Its just things like that that we haven't discussed till now. I think I am going to have to have chat with them, Dad and step-mum first though as I am more comfortable talking to them and knowing they'll at least be respectful of my questions and decisions.

As for friends, apart from one, I'll suggest they wait until family have gone home (again I need to find out how long they plan on staying even for FIL benefit). I don't know why I getting so bothered by this. OH just said he will do whatever I want - which I suppose is nice but then I feel that puts extra pressure on me - its his baby too but Like I said earlier he hadn't given it much thought. Maybe I just overthinking - sorry for the whiney post

I told both parents (mine are not together either) when I was first having contractions and was going into hospital, then I told them both I was being sent home as I was only 2cm dilated. Then when my waters broke and I went back I must have told my mum, as she went to the hospital. She couldn't concentrate at work and only worked a few miles from the hospital so she actually turned up there and staked the place out. If I had had it in me I would have been mortified. I think she was actually stalking about outside the labour ward bless her. God only knows what she would have done if I'd been in labour for ages. They actually allowed her in the delivery room afterwards as well, visitors are not usually allowed until you get on the ward. Crazy woman. She won't be able to do that this time as she will be travelling over from Cheshire to take care of Edie. And as for my dad, bless him I rang him after to tell him he had a granddaughter and I had apparently forgotten to even tell him I had gone back to hospital. He thought I was still at home waiting for it all to happen. He said to me yesterday that he much preferred it that way and just wants to know when the deed is done, save him worrying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->