Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Sorry I haven't been on much lately :flower:

Pink I would just lay down the rules from the start. Tell them that you and OH want to spend time with LO on your own before you get visitors as you can never get those first few moments back. I tell them you will inform them when baby is here and you will inform them when they can come visit.

I had Thomas at home, we phoned my parents when I was in labour as they were coming to take Caitlin for us as they lived in the same village. We informed our parents and IL's when he was born and asked IL's to give us 1 1/2 hours before coming as we wanted Caitlin to see Thomas first. My parents came an hour later with Caitlin and they waited downstairs while Caitlin got to meet her brother. They then came up for 20 minutes or so before IL's came and they all left around 30/45 minutes later as I needed to rest. They should understand and respect your wishes. If you think they won't lock your doors :lol:

This time I want to do the same have the kids see baby before everyone else. We will be getting MIL to have the kids until we've had baby then get her to bring them down and do the same as last time x

pink i agree with what mrs migg says lol dont i always say that i think oh mum might be a bit pushy shes abit forward with me and says things like babys up to 1 year should always be in white not this baby lol.
pink i had every intention to start buying after 20 week scan but after what we got told it gave me the wobbles so ill leave it for a while.
i wonder where pichi is/
hope your all ok xxxxxxx

Hey everyone!

I hope you're all doing well!

Pink, I agree with Mrs. M-My sister didn't allow any visitors in the hospital until the day after her daughter was born (her son was born in California, so we were just too far away for that one). They wanted that time alone. I didn't have the problem of people wanting to visit because 1) My anxiety has been really good at allowing me to cut myself off from everyone and anyone, so I don't talk to many people here, and 2) I live on the other side of the planet from my friends and family, so nobody was coming here when Yeardley was born.

The good news is that they'll ALL get to see her very soon as we are moving off of this wretched island on Saturday! They came and packed up our house in 4 hours. It was a nightmare. Only because it was so unorganized. I saw them throw a set of unfolded sheets from the dryer into the same box as a bunch of shoes. And they took my pillows and put them in the cabinets of my salon station, and packed all of my hangers with clothes in those Tupperware shelves with drawers. They were shoving the drawers closed because there wasn't enough room for the hangers and the clothes. OMG. Unpacking is going to really throw my OCD for a loop. Opening a box with a bunch of shampoo and 8 cans of spray paint and a set of silverware is going to make my head explode. It's mainly our fault for not being more prepared, but it's really hard when we weren't given enough time and with an infant at home. We did the best we could I guess. I mean, the military finally booked our flight YESTERDAY, and we're leaving in two days. Right now we're in a shitty Japanese motel. It looks like a horror movie could be filmed here. Ahh, the military life!

I'm so excited to finally be back in the states, but I'm definitely NOT looking forward to that plane ride! Okinawa to Tokyo, Tokyo to San Francisco, San Fran to Virginia. With two dogs and an infant! Yee haw!

Kelly - I understand and maybe after the next scan you will feel a bit more reassured to go out and start to buy little bits. Even starting out getting a few baby grows etc then it does get a bit easier.

Crayz - Yay for finally getting away and going home!! What a nightmare with the movers!! When ever we have had to move with OH being in the military I have done it all but probably would let them do it from now on. It does sound like they was a bit haphazard to say the least. Once you get to the other end you'll be so happy to get settled near your family you won't mind the bad packing. Good luck with the flights, I am sure Yeardley will be absolutely fine and probably travel better than you will!!

Pichi is fine, I was on her journal yesterday, just busy day with Pixis birthday, Don't really like to speak for her but she didn't get the sweep so no movement yesterday on that front.

afm - I gave in last night and used an epo in the twinkle. I have been taking it orally for a couple of weeks now but was a bit wary of using internally for some unknown reason. Anyway everything seems okay. Smarties had the hiccups again at 5am - slightly annoying when you are trying to drop back off to sleep!

Pink-You gave me a good chuckle with the epo in the twinkle. Good luck, I hope it gets you going!

I didn't know your husband is in the military! What a life we lead, you know? It's not for everyone, but we do it for love.

Good to see you Crayz! I'm so pleased you get to move very soon, but having your house packed up for you like that, with such wild abandon sounds horrific. I'm quite haphazard myself but I couldn't cope with that!
I am tired today, posted in my journal but my snoring was so bad last night mark kept waking me accidentally on purpose huffing and puffing about so I gave up at 5am and slept on the sofa. Horrible. On the plus side I'm feeling much better today.

Wow so many things happening …

Sarah-anne, congratulations, I love the name Olivia too!

Hope, congratulations to you too chick

Pink, i turned into a real soppy sod and still am now!! Lovely big bump chick! Re the visitors, we had loads right from the beginning, i didn't mind this but i was really blunt about them leaving, if it was evening then i just said i was going to bed and went upstairs with Danny, if it was in the day then I had a code-look that I gave Ben to say i was ready for them to leave!! I would be blunt with them and make it clear they are staying with OH parents!

Kelly, aw sorry to hear that things weren't quite as they should be but they seem to be doing the right things and looking after you. You really should try not to worry, it won't do you any good my dear. Yay for team :blue:

Loz, my doctor said at my 6 week check that i didn't need protection if i was exclusively breast feeding, very naughty really, luckily i don't believe her although we haven't :sex:!!!

Mindy, i had sinusitis and took the amoxil for a week, its fine chick, they wouldn't give it to you if it wasn't, hope it clears things up for you!

Lexi, yay for moving, good luck with it all! :plane:

Hi everyone else, hope all is well with you guys :hugs:

AFM, all ok here, Danny is getting even more of a big chunky monkey, hoping to take him to be weighed tomorrow if the Sky man fixes our box and has left by 11.30am!! He has been testing out his playmat today xxx

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 3
Yey go team blue kelly

Congrats sarah

Yey for the moving crayz

Apologies ive written a post twice with a photo and the battery has died and ive forgotten everything i had caught up with

Hope your all well, here is my new little man

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 6
Hi ladies :)

Super tired and feeling awful right now. Sorry I have forgotten everything I have read :shy:

Hope, he is beautiful!

Mrs. M., I hope you are feeling better.

I hope you are all well :flow:

morning ladies ts hope you feeling better soon
crayz lovely to hear from you excellent news about the move
clo little danny has grown hes gorgeous
any news pink,pichi cant wait to see more pictures of our new arrivals
how you feeling mrs migg want to ask you a question think i asked before but cant remenber the answer lol had my hair highlighted last time as was worried but to be fair didnt make much different is it ok to get peroxide on my roots now any of you other ladies get this done?
afm ive started to feel movement of a night time when im resting i bloody love it, i got told at my 20 week scan i had an anterior placenta so guess thats why im late.
well hope all you ladies are all ok xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hey girls - i must have unsubscribed to this thread again with my fat fingers on my phone :dohh:

Mr pea is still hanging on in there and it's D-day today. went for a sweep on wednesday but it was unsuccessful due to having a high posterior cervix but i have been told its very squishy and what she could feel it's dilated too :thumbup: so lets hope he gets the gears a turning soon! found he's been quieter this morning... just wiggling his bum back and forward and wiggling his fingers near my hips!

hope everyone is well, off to catch up with this thread as i'm a bit behind

Wow - yay for more movement Kelly - that's so good made me smile loads reading that. I got most feeling at night and they say when you are up and about during the day it rocks them to sleep. Seems that anterior placentas are very common.

Pichi - Want Mr pea to hurry up then it will feel like I am not too far behind you!!

Hope - what a fab pic of Keiron, such a cutie, he is just lovely.

Clobo - hope you get to the hv. Looks like he has grown so much!!

Ts - hope you are feeling better today and the antibiotics are starting to work. Nothing worse than working if you are feeling like crap.

Hi everyone else.

afm - nothing new to report. Going to do a bit more walking today as I am meeting my friend for lunch in town then going to bounce big style on the ball when I get home!! Funnily though I am not as impatient as I was maybe that will change by Tuesday and I hopefully get my sweep.

Good morning (afternoon :)) ladies :flow:

Kelly!!! I am SO very happy you are feeling movement. Isn't it the best thing in the whole world? I love just sitting here quietly and feeling the kid move around in there.

Pichi, I hope those little wiggles are the last preparations for mr. pea to come out into this world!! :happydance: Happy due day!

Pink, I hope you don't need to wait until the sweep on Tuesday. Come on little smartie!

Mrs. M., I hope you are continuing to mend today. :hugs:

MMM, how are you today?

Crayz, I am SO super happy you are moving in the morning! Have a safe trip and update when you can :dance:

Hi to everyone else! I hope you are all well :flower:

I am still feeling rotten today. :( My headache didn't go away overnight, it just switched sides. Booooo. I am home again today so I am going to try to rest a bunch and get better. I have a bunch of crocheting to do. I am making a bigger owl hat for our friend's little girl. I just finished a matching one for her dad! :haha: His brother also wants one and my friend has put my price up! I don't mind if he wants to be my salesman! :haha: I have also finally decided on what I want to do for my own little kiddo. I didn't want an owl hat for him. I will post a picture when I get it all done.

Oh, also, I think we might be buying a new car tomorrow. Or at least signing the paperwork and going for a test drive tomorrow and then picking it up next weekend. I am super excited about that. We needed a bigger car to take my 2 monster doggies and the kid so this is a good thing. Also it will burn less gas than what we have now so it is a win win.

I hope you are all well and I hope Mr. Pea shows soon!!

Happy due date Pichi!! Fingers crossed little man decides to come soon.

Hope the walk is productive Pink :winkwink: have a lovely lunch with your friend.

:hugs: Mindy sorry your still not feeling too good. :happydance: for the new car :)

I'm not too bad feeling really weird lately and I can't explain it as stupid as it sounds. Woke up with a thumping headache this morning, it's eased off now but hoping it doesn't come back!! x

Yey go team blue kelly

Congrats sarah

Yey for the moving crayz

Apologies ive written a post twice with a photo and the battery has died and ive forgotten everything i had caught up with

Hope your all well, here is my new little man

He is gorgeous! :happydance::flower: Hi Keiron! :hugs:

wow its so quiet here at the min hope you lovely ladies are ok xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks MMM :) I hope your headache is gone now.

Hi Kelly :) How are you doing? Are you feeling more consistent movement now? It is the best feeling in the whole world.

Hi Lozdi :) How are you doing?

Pink and Pichi, I hope things start moving soon!! I can't wait for more babies to be born into this thread. <3

Hi everyone else! I hope you are all well :flow:

I am doing ok today. Sleepy, but well. Thankfully it seems my sinus infection is finally starting to go away. I hope!

Have a great evening :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->