Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

He did say it does start to rise towards the end but as I was borderline he wanted to double check with the bloods. The mw rang OH's mobile (he went into work this afternoon) so didn't get chance to ask about going naturally/mlu. Bloods are fine, which I kinda knew they would be. I left my notes at the antenatal clinic, but I assumed they were just keeping them for Friday but apparently we should have taken them, well they should have given to me then!!!

loz - those cupcakes sound delicious!

So glad they're ok! Fingers crossed bubs decides to appear before Friday!! X

Hi ladies :flower:

Sorry I have missed so much!

MMM, I'm sorry that SPD is bothering you so much. I am glad you have been put off work for 2 weeks though. I hope you are able to relax and feel better soon. You have to do what the other ladies have said - SIT and relax :)

Lozdi, those cupcakes sound delicious! I have been wanting moist chocolate cake with chocolate fudge frosting for so long now. I think I am going to have to break down and make one this weekend! I hope the decorating goes well :) Are the kids doing the decorating themselves?

Pink, I'm sorry to hear that you are scheduled for an induction, but at least you know you will have smartie in your arms in 2 sleeps!! I hope that if you do go on your own you are able to go to the mlu despite the elevated bp. :hugs: I can't wait to see a picture of smartie!

Mrs. M., how are you doing? I hope you slept better last night. One more sleep until you go home and settle in to wait for Miglett's arrival! :)

Hi to everyone else! I hope you are all well :flow:

My kiddo seems to not be moving quite as much or as vigorously as he has been since yesterday. He is moving, just not as much or maybe not as hard? Shawn thinks it is because I have been working every day this week and I haven't really noticed it as much. I am not sure about that. I find I notice his movement is quite strong after supper and before bed. Last night it wasn't really that strong. I know he is moving around in there, it just doesn't seem to be moving my belly quite as much as before. What do you ladies think? I have my check up on Monday. Do you think I have cause for concern?

I hope you are all having a good evening!

Sitting and relaxing is easier said than done with 2 kids :lol: I'm at the physio in the morning and Thomas is at nursery so when I come home I'll relax all day till I pick him up.

:hugs: Mindy such a worrying time pregnancy :( He will probably be getting a little squashed in there now so the movements may not be as strong, but if you ever are worried just please go and get checked :hugs: x

I know it must be hard with 2 children already. Hopefully after physio tomorrow you can put your feet up and relax for a few hours before you have to pick Thomas up from the nursery. :hugs:

I didn't sleep well last night because I was worrying so much. But, every time I laid there waiting for movement I would feel something. Just not something as much or as strong as before. Maybe it is like you said, that he is running out of room. Thank you :hugs:

He's just reassuring you that everything's ok in there :) :hugs: like I said though if you are worried there's no harm in going to the MW and being checked x

Ts - I am sure I had a phase where the movements where just as often but not quite are full on belly moving/strong kicks. I always thought he had moved and was kicking etc more internally than external iykwim. His change in movements was never enough to worry me (till later near the end) and when I was busier tended not to notice them as much either. Smartie was always a wriggler at night too but as mmm says if you are worried get them checked out.

Hope you get more rest tomorrow MMM now you have done all your extra bits and pieces for today.

Might be sat/sun before Smartie arrives after the induction. Trying to read birth stories as I always heard how painful induction is compared to starting naturally as you don't get the same endorphin build up.

I don't intend to panic you, but if you feel something might be not quite right with movements then you need to call l&d and tell them, and they might want you in to be monitored...again my intention is not to scare you but I have read the sticked kick counting thread on 3rd tri and sometimes calling straight away can save a baby's life. There is most likely nothing wrong, but don't delay calling just incase of that minute chance that there is a problem. :hugs:

Pink, I am still holding out hope for you going on your own tomorrow!

When is that you are supposed to start counting kicks? I think I would have no problem getting 10 kicks in an hour (that is supposed to be how it is, right?) I am not overly sure on how that works, and for some reason I was thinking you were supposed to start at 28 weeks.

He is kicking much more strongly right now. I am wondering if maybe yesterday I just at more "quiet" food. :haha: Not so much sugar as I have been eating since I am craving sugar! I ate pretty well yesterday. I am trying really hard to eat better now.

Pink, I wonder if maybe he has turned in so he is kicking more internally now, like you said. I was sitting in school today and I had my hand on my tummy and I could feel kicks in my hand but not so much in my tummy. Whatever that could mean. :wacko: :haha:

I think they do go through quiet phases when growing which doesn't help us though!!! I totally agree with loz, if you are really worried get them checked out. The kick count is a little bit vague. I was asked today about movement and said sometimes he had me worried and the consultant asked if I have 10 movements PER DAY. I wouldn't be happy with that though and I think a lot of the current thinking is the change in your babies movement habits rather than kick counts. Although again I found that hard to monitor also. Yes I said he was more active at night but some days it was during the day, some days he was much quieter altogether and sometimes he had mental 'disco' moments! Its not easy!! So never be bothered about getting it checked out.

It is 10 kicks within an hour after 28 weeks, you start the hour when a movement session begins, or if your having no movement and worry, then the advice is to eat something sugary, have a cold drink, lay down and relax your tummy muscles, and maybe give your belly a jiggle, then count the kicks that begin. If non of that get a baby moving then personally, I'd just turn up at l&d yelling to be monitored. One thing though that pretty much every midwife or l&d unit will agree on, is that if the mother FEELS something isn't right, to call them. Mothers instinct is taken seriously.

I never had a quiet period, once regular movement started everyday at 16 weeks, he was a mover....and still is, arms and legs going all the time when he is awake, like he is just so excited to be here.

These are the guideline used here in the UK. The PDF document link within the website.

https://www.rcog.org.uk/womens-health/clinical-guidance/reduced-fetal-movements-green-top-57

This is also a good site, again Uk so hope you can see it.

https://www.countthekicks.org.uk/mum/movements/

There hasn't been a time yet where he hasn't moved when I was waiting for him to, just that the movement felt softer. I will definitely do to the hospital if I don't feel movement. There is no labour and delivery department at our hospital and we have no midwives here. If there is a problem I either have to make an appt and see a doctor or I have to go to emergency. If I am worried I will definitely go to emergency.

Every time I was awake last night worried I was still feeling kicks.

Thank you ladies :hugs:

Thanks Pink. Those links are good. I didn't see your post until after I posted.

Good morning ladies :)

Everything was back to normal again last night. Lots of kicks and very strong. Maybe he was sleepy? I am not sure. I am relieved though!

If everyone could send some good vibes my sister's way today it would be great. She is being induced today (on her EDD) due to PE. Hopefully today we will have an new member of our family! Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

I hope you are all well! :flow"

I'm glad the movements are back up to normal strength! I will be thinking of your sister, let us know as soon as you can how it went. I'm guessing that with PE if she doesn't show signs of the induction working fast they might do a c-sec just to be on the safe side. Sometimes out through the sunroof is the best thing, but glad they are willing to try induction first. :hugs:

Glad he picked up his movements again :) I have positive thoughts for your sister.

How are you play Lozdi?

Been the physio this morning. Wrote an update in my journal x

Thanks Lozdi :) I will update when I know about my sister. She said something about protein in her urine and something else but I can't remember it right now. She is not in her local hospital but in the one where they were going to send her if she needed the section because the baby we still transverse a few weeks ago. I guess they have everything all set up and ready for anything they might need to do. My sister told me that the doctor said that usually when someone is induced for PE that it goes more quickly than a regular induction. I am not really sure on that one but I am hoping whatever they have to do goes very smoothly. I can't wait to be an aunt!

Thanks MMM :) I didn't even realize you had a journal. :shy: Off to check it out!

ts - thinking of your sister. I haven't read anything about induction being faster with PE (from all my googling etc the last day or so, so thats quite interesting) the only thing I can think is maybe they go straight for the drip and miss out the potentially long cervix ripening process with gels/pessaries especially if her BP was very high and with other markers showing PE. Hope everything goes well for her and is all good and straight forward for your families new arrival.

mmm - off to your journal.

Hi everyone else.

afm - usual night, no twinges what so ever!! He isn't coming obviously till he is literally booted out of his cosy bed. Just doing some cleaning and bits and pieces today.

Thanks Pink. I thought it was weird too, that her doctor said it would go faster because of the PE.

You must have the coziest tummy ever! Tomorrow he is getting the eviction notice :) I can't wait to see pictures! (I keep repeating myself. Sorry, I am just so excited about all these babies! <3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->