Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Mrs. M., Persephone is Greek :) She was a Greek goddess (sort of). My sister's husband is Greek. My sister wanted to call her Persephone and maybe Percy for short but I think they decided it was many too ethnic. I love the name Norah. I love the whole name. :)

I had lots of problems with the same thing until recently. I have really upped the amount of water I am drinking. I have also started eating dried figs and much more fruit. That really has helped me. I have been doing much better for the past week. I'm sorry you are feeling bad. :( But, I am really happy to hear you slept so well last night! That is wonderful.

Kelly, I think that crib is beautiful! I can't comment on the price because I am not sure about that currency. :haha:

Our friends came over for supper tonight. They just went home after my friend and I ended up falling asleep on the couch! Haha! It was much easier for them to come visit now since we have a play yard, high chair, and monitor :) They could just bring their diaper bag and their daughter! So nice :) I can't wait to have the nursery all set up so Azelyn can sleep in there when they come for visits.

I am going to sleep now. We are going into town tomorrow to start (and finish) our Christmas shopping. I am also getting a winter coat to fit over my expanding tummy! My current coat will still zip but I think that won't last much longer. :haha:

I hope you are all having a good weekend :flow:

It's a really beautiful name. I hope you get a good coat. I'm pleased with my maternity coat. I'm having a nice weekend Mark is spending lots of time playing with Edie as he hasn't seen her all week. Mum has gone now and it's nice having a quiet weekend at home.

enjoy your relaxing weekend mrs i cant believe how close you are
wonder how pink is?
well took your advise ladies and bought the cot do you think its too early for me to buy things? it did feel good mind

Course it's not too early Kelly!! If I had the money I'd have everything by now haha!! X

I had my pram in the house by the time I was 16 weeks....sometimes when a chance at a bargain is there you have to take it because it won't be there for long!

Not too early at all. Like Loz I had Edie's pram bought at about 16 weeks as it was a bargain. Got all my new pyjamas and everything washed ready to pack for hospital this weekend. I'm so excited! Bump seems to have dropped a little, feeling big now! Can't believe I've only got 4 weeks to go! Eek!

Hi new to this section of bnb lost my little girl at 20+ weeks and got a bfp yesterday.. it still seems so quick as i only lost chloe 3 months ago.. i am going to be very paranoid and scared through this pregnancy after losing chloe.. hope everyones well.

So sorry about your loss hun.

Welcome to the thread it has been a great support and continues to be for me.

I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months x

Hi new to this section of bnb lost my little girl at 20+ weeks and got a bfp yesterday.. it still seems so quick as i only lost chloe 3 months ago.. i am going to be very paranoid and scared through this pregnancy after losing chloe.. hope everyones well.

Hi welcome to the thread, I'm sorry for the loss of your Chloe :hugs: and congratulations on your bfp :flower:

Hi welcome to the thread, I'm sorry for the loss of your Chloe :hugs: and congratulations on your bfp :flower:

Thank you x

Welcome mummytobe. So sorry for your loss :hugs: Congratulations on your bfp.

Hi to everyone. :flow: I hope you are all well.

Well, after a long day shopping I am so tired and still no coat :( There are no maternity shops here so I was hoping to just get a regular coat but in a bigger size. I only found one that would fit but it was HUGE and looked like I was wearing a sack :( I couldn't bring myself to buy it. I don't know what I am going to do!

Mindy have you tried looking online? I'm just keeping my old coat for now as its a bum length one and only has 2 buttons that actually fasten above bump :lol: I'm hoping by April/may ill only need my little jacket/cardigan then again this is England!!

Lazy day for me today. Think I overdone it yesterday even though I didn't do anything hardly :( x

Morning all.

When did everyone have there first scan? when i went to find out the PM results of chloe few days ago my dr said whenever we did get preg i could have a early scan at 6 weeks then be scanned every couple of weeks after so i dont have to be as worried but i am a bit nervous to ring her up now so might wait till after christmas.

Welcome mummytobe. So sorry for your loss :hugs: Congratulations on your bfp.

Hi to everyone. :flow: I hope you are all well.

Well, after a long day shopping I am so tired and still no coat :( There are no maternity shops here so I was hoping to just get a regular coat but in a bigger size. I only found one that would fit but it was HUGE and looked like I was wearing a sack :( I couldn't bring myself to buy it. I don't know what I am going to do!

Thank you x

Morning all.

When did everyone have there first scan? when i went to find out the PM results of chloe few days ago my dr said whenever we did get preg i could have a early scan at 6 weeks then be scanned every couple of weeks after so i dont have to be as worried but i am a bit nervous to ring her up now so might wait till after christmas.

:hugs: I had an early scan at 6 and 8 weeks but that was because I was bleeding. How far are you now? At 6 weeks it's not really worth it tbh as you don't get to see much. It didn't put me at ease very much because I was told there was a HB tehre but it was very slow so I spent the next 2 weeks panicking thinking it was over. At 8 weeks we could see it better and the HB was perfect x

Im only 4 weeks now so thinking ill probably just wait till after christmas.. I feel like everyone at my hospital will judge me for getting preg so soon after chloe makes me nervous to tell them :-( how are you then today?

Yeah it might be better to wait till after Christmas.

Don't feel nervous about people judging you. I was told to wait until I had my first period before trying but that was purely for dating purposes for the scan. We started trying straight away but it took almost 6 months before we got our :bfp: I know some people who got pregnant straight after their MC (before the first AF) and everything was fine. Did the doctors tell you to wait a certain amount of time first or not? X

Morning all and welcome Mumtobe, so very sorry to hear of your tragic loss. Good luck with this pregnancy.
Regarding your question about scans I had one at 7 weeks this time and that seems to be a good time to go for your first as there is actually stuff to see, they can check the heartbeat and get a decent measurement. Before that like Mmm said its too inaccurate. I want scheduled for that scan, I went to the docs in tears because I was so nervous as my symptoms had faded and he rang the EPU and pretended I was having cramps. Sometimes you just have to do these things.
As for what they might think at the hospital about you being pregnant again - well firstly I think most women who have suffered a loss want to get pregnant pretty much straight away if possible. Certainly most of the women I have met on the loss sections of this forum have. It's not necessarily about trying to replace the baby we have lost, it's about doing what we need to do and wanting to be pregnant with the baby we want so much to have.
Secondly it doesn't matter what they think. They are there to help you, to care for you, to do their job, but how soon you choose to get pregnant after your loss is entirely up to you and your partner. Whatever they think doesn't really matter and I'd say if anybody mentions anything to you that makes you feel you have done something wrong is being unprofessional. The only thing a nurse said to me at EPU that made me think after my first loss is you need to be sure that you could cope with a second loss so soon, just in case that should happen. Well I did have a second loss to cope with as it turned out but with the help of these ladies here, cope I did. And it's not likely that you will have another loss anyway, chances are all in your favour.
Girls I'm thinking so much about Pink. It's been such a long time I hope she is ok.

Yeah it might be better to wait till after Christmas.

Don't feel nervous about people judging you. I was told to wait until I had my first period before trying but that was purely for dating purposes for the scan. We started trying straight away but it took almost 6 months before we got our :bfp: I know some people who got pregnant straight after their MC (before the first AF) and everything was fine. Did the doctors tell you to wait a certain amount of time first or not? X

Erm my dr told me few days ago it was basically when i was emotionaly ready to get pregnant as what happened to chloe was just one of them things that happens and she would expect us to have a healthy pregnancy next time. Sorry for your loss x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->