Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Morning all and welcome Mumtobe, so very sorry to hear of your tragic loss. Good luck with this pregnancy.
Regarding your question about scans I had one at 7 weeks this time and that seems to be a good time to go for your first as there is actually stuff to see, they can check the heartbeat and get a decent measurement. Before that like Mmm said its too inaccurate. I want scheduled for that scan, I went to the docs in tears because I was so nervous as my symptoms had faded and he rang the EPU and pretended I was having cramps. Sometimes you just have to do these things.
As for what they might think at the hospital about you being pregnant again - well firstly I think most women who have suffered a loss want to get pregnant pretty much straight away if possible. Certainly most of the women I have met on the loss sections of this forum have. It's not necessarily about trying to replace the baby we have lost, it's about doing what we need to do and wanting to be pregnant with the baby we want so much to have.
Secondly it doesn't matter what they think. They are there to help you, to care for you, to do their job, but how soon you choose to get pregnant after your loss is entirely up to you and your partner. Whatever they think doesn't really matter and I'd say if anybody mentions anything to you that makes you feel you have done something wrong is being unprofessional. The only thing a nurse said to me at EPU that made me think after my first loss is you need to be sure that you could cope with a second loss so soon, just in case that should happen. Well I did have a second loss to cope with as it turned out but with the help of these ladies here, cope I did. And it's not likely that you will have another loss anyway, chances are all in your favour.
Girls I'm thinking so much about Pink. It's been such a long time I hope she is ok.

Thanks i agree with everything you just said :)

Im sorry for your losses x

I had a scan a 7 weeks, but it was actually 6 because I ovulated on day 20, not the 'standard' day 14 used to date a pregnancy. This resulted in them thinking something wasn't quite right, plus my gestational sac was massive compared to the baby, more than twice the size it should have been. I wasn't too worried because I googled that and because there was a baby with a HB a large sac was not an indication of a poor outcome. The baby, who is now smiling at me from his bouncy chair, was measuring spot on for 6 weeks which is what I was! A follow up scan 2 weeks later showed the epau that all was well. If you don't know when you ovulated then a scan before 8 weeks can be worrying, but you have been told you can have early scans so don't be afraid to call and arrange one. Becoming pregnant after a loss seems to be a large part of the healing process, it was for me. I was pregnant the first proper cycle (after first AF) after I had a mmc. The reason I got the early scan is because of the length of time between my baby ceasing to grow and me finding out about it ast the 12 week scan- 5 weeks. I called the epau directly to arrange it because I don't have a regular gp and didn't think I could get a referral from one that would just think I was being silly. The epau were very understanding.

No one is going to judge you for getting pregnant already, they will be pleased for you :hugs:

I've got my oldests party to finish prep for then go to in 3 hours...amongst that will be stalking for news of Pink. I reckon by now Smartie has made his appearance and they are getting to know each other! :happydance:

I have no idea how anyone manages to post using phones! I need my laptop and 2 hands and a big screen to see what I'm doing!

Mrs M just posted in Pinks journal :winkwink:

Hope you have a lovely time at the party. I'm about to send hubby to Tesco for a cooked chicken as I want a chicken and cranberry sandwich mmmm would love some Brie too but not allowed it :( boohoo!! X

I always post on my phone, it's impossible to have my laptop out with a curious toddler on the scene! Hope the party goes well Loz, and yes I have posted news in Sam's journal!
Thanks Mummytobe, I was lucky compared to a lot with two relatively early losses and I already have a healthy child, this baby is due 4 weeks today and the losses are never forgotten but in my experience a year down the line and a successful pregnancy makes it a lot easier to deal with.

I always post on my phone, it's impossible to have my laptop out with a curious toddler on the scene! Hope the party goes well Loz, and yes I have posted news in Sam's journal!
Thanks Mummytobe, I was lucky compared to a lot with two relatively early losses and I already have a healthy child, this baby is due 4 weeks today and the losses are never forgotten but in my experience a year down the line and a successful pregnancy makes it a lot easier to deal with.

:happydance: Can't wait to see a pic!

I had a scan a 7 weeks, but it was actually 6 because I ovulated on day 20, not the 'standard' day 14 used to date a pregnancy. This resulted in them thinking something wasn't quite right, plus my gestational sac was massive compared to the baby, more than twice the size it should have been. I wasn't too worried because I googled that and because there was a baby with a HB a large sac was not an indication of a poor outcome. The baby, who is now smiling at me from his bouncy chair, was measuring spot on for 6 weeks which is what I was! A follow up scan 2 weeks later showed the epau that all was well. If you don't know when you ovulated then a scan before 8 weeks can be worrying, but you have been told you can have early scans so don't be afraid to call and arrange one. Becoming pregnant after a loss seems to be a large part of the healing process, it was for me. I was pregnant the first proper cycle (after first AF) after I had a mmc. The reason I got the early scan is because of the length of time between my baby ceasing to grow and me finding out about it ast the 12 week scan- 5 weeks. I called the epau directly to arrange it because I don't have a regular gp and didn't think I could get a referral from one that would just think I was being silly. The epau were very understanding.

No one is going to judge you for getting pregnant already, they will be pleased for you :hugs:

I've got my oldests party to finish prep for then go to in 3 hours...amongst that will be stalking for news of Pink. I reckon by now Smartie has made his appearance and they are getting to know each other! :happydance:

I have no idea how anyone manages to post using phones! I need my laptop and 2 hands and a big screen to see what I'm doing!

Thank you :hugs:

I hate using my phone too wish i had my laptop lol.

Did/has anyone had bad backache early on in there pregnancy? mine is really aching i did read up on the net that it could be a sign of m/c though which has worried me :nope:

I had backache early on with my MMC and this one. Don't google it's bad for you! Many pregnant women get back ache at all stages on pregnancy. I still get back ache now but that's more related to my SPD than anything else x

I know googles bad when pregnant that's what my dr said just cant help looking sometimes lol x

NEVER google. That is my motto for this pregnancy. I did that with my 2 mc's, WAY too much added stress for no reason. I slipped up a few weeks ago and googled a pain I was having. Big mistake. I ended up in the emergency room for 2.5 hours only to find out it was just what all the ladies here said - round ligament pains. :wacko:

I has such a bad back at the beginning of this pregnancy. I could barely walk. It was terrible. Every pregnancy is different and you can't compare at all. Other than having that terrible back pain I had no other symptoms of pregnancy until 6 weeks. I decided to live by the motto of one of the women in this thread rather than worrying every day if I was going to mc. She said "today I am pregnant and for that I am grateful". It worked wonders. :)

As for the scans - I had one at 5 weeks 5 days. I only had it because I was having a lot of pain on my left side. Also, my hcg was raising pretty fast. We were worried about an ectopic. It turned out good, but there was no heartbeat yet and I was only measuring 5 weeks 1 day. It scared me 1/2 to death. It didn't help that I was also spotting at the time. I had another scan at 8 weeks. It was perfect. The very first thing I saw was the heart beating away on the screen. It was the best thing I have ever seen in my life. If I didn't have that pain (and spotting) I would rather not have had the scan at 5 weeks.

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a great Sunday.

HUGE congratulations to Pink and her little blue smartie!! <3 <3

Mrs. M., I can't believe you are next! Time is flying!!

How is everyone today?

I have checked online for a coat, MMM, but I didn't bother really looking because I am a cheapie. Haha! I did find a company that makes zip in panels to put in your regular coat so I think that is what I am going to do :)

Have a great day, everyone!

(oh! I will only post something more than a few lines from my laptop. I hate using my phone!)

I didn't get much back ache but I did have all manner of cramps!

hi mummy to be so sorry for your loss this thread has been a life saver for me lovely to have you on board, i had and still do have have all manner of cramps and backache.
miggins im so excited for you not long now.
ive got a scan tomorow so hopefully things are moving along nicely hope your all ok cant wait to see pics of smartie xxxxxxxxxx

Bet you can't wait to see your little man again Kelly :cloud9:

How's everyone else, Mindy, Mrs M, Loz, Crayz ... sorry for anyone I've missed!

I'm in real agony today I've updated my journal with my rant ... don't want to spam the forum with my whinging :blush: x

Please don't worry about that, it's not whinging and its what we are here for, to listen and lend an ear to each other and to know that people are here for us when we need to discuss our problems! Never feel like you are spamming!
Kelly how come you are having another scan? How exciting.
I can't believe I'm next! Had lots of dreams last night about clary sage oil and raspberry leaf tea, think I'll start all that next week when I get to full term.

miggins last time i had scan they put me under consultant care as they found my umbillical to only have one vessel instead of two so they need to monitor baby etc, ive done no more googling as last time i scared myself to death apparently what i have is called sua,fingers crossed all ok xx

Oh of course Kelly. Sorry I had forgotten about the umbilical vessel. Well done on not googling I'm sure everything is fine.
Oh here is my 36 week bump, sorry about the crap picture.
https://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r232/daphnetiger/1E69C7E3-E8D3-48C4-923F-7CB697C10182-8943-0000091EE683B2A4.jpg

Definately don't google. Bubs will be fine, he's a little trooper! Will you be getting some more pics of him :cloud9:

Awww beautiful bump Mrs M ... a nearly fully cooked bump :haha: can't believe it's nearly your time :D x

Oh of course Kelly. Sorry I had forgotten about the umbilical vessel. Well done on not googling I'm sure everything is fine.
Oh here is my 36 week bump, sorry about the crap picture.
https://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r232/daphnetiger/1E69C7E3-E8D3-48C4-923F-7CB697C10182-8943-0000091EE683B2A4.jpg

Your bump is so neat! :happydance:

what an ace bump miggins it just really suits you xx
mmm hopefully get some pics last time they couldnt get any good pics so hopefully this time
hi loz how you doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->