Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

morning ladies hope you all had a lovely crimbo well im in the third tri whoop whoop cant wait to see more pictures of more new arrivals how exciting x

Huge congrats on 3rd Tri Kelly.

Feels like its aaaages away for me.

Another question from me... Haha!

I am thinking I would like to start RLT at around 37 weeks. I have to drive 2 hours (depending on the weather, it could be up to 3+ hours!) to get to the hospital. RLT won't make things happen quicker than it would normally, will it? Do you think it is a bad idea for me to do this?

I hope you are all having a great day :) We are getting a big snow storm today. They are forecasting up to a foot of snow. I don't mind at all as we have no where to go. We are going to stay home and get some more things done for the nursery. :)

Happy third tri Kelly! Makes me very happy to say that!
Mindy that's a really good question. I did use it when pregnant with Edie, and I did have a quick labour. I don't know how the care providers are in your part of the world, but here they are keen to keep you home as long as possible. I knew my labour was progressing quickly and was keen to get to the hospital, especially as I needed antibiotics in labour for group B strep. I was told I was only 2 cm and sent home but once I got back home and my waters broke it progressed really quickly. I would say drink the tea but be prepared to get there in good time, don't wait for your waters to break. And put a waterproof seat cover in the car to sit on, amniotic fluid rots upholstery.

Happy third tri Kelly.

Ts I started tailing raspberry leaf tea from last week but ended up increasing my Braxton hicks so I'm starting it up again in next week. For some it works for others it doesn't. I agree with mrsmiggs though make sure you get to hospital in plenty of time.

Afm I have started swelling up like a balloon, gutted the house yesterday and last night my feet and legs looked like they didn't belong to me. Have blown up my gym ball and started using it to help with back and hip pain. Sleeping is still proving difficult I have found that the couch is better. I think I'm just starting to feel heavily pregnant. Still wouldn't change it.

Thanks ladies :)

I don't think they keep you home for too long around here since they know we have to go so far to get to the hospital. If they think you are too close to drive on your own they put you in an ambulance. We have a hospital here but they don't deliver babies. There are only 2 doctors in my town.

I will definitely put something on the seat of the car when we go. I was actually wondering when/if I should put something on my bed and couch in case something happens. I really don't want to ruin anything as our bed and couch (and car) are all newish.

Debzie, I'm sorry you are so swollen. I am finding that my legs feel swollen when I do too much too. I hope you are able to rest and get those feet up! I am so scared about swelling as my sister swelled a lot and she ended up with pre-e. Have you seen your doctor/mw about it? Maybe I am worrying too much but it is better to check it out.

I got my exercise ball out a few days ago too to try to help with my hip pain. I had it in my rec room for about a year now, in plain view, but apparently one of my dogs has decided that he is now scared to death of it. :wacko: I am trying sitting on a heating pad for my hips and then the ball in the evenings for a while starting today. Hopefully Brom will be able to handle it. :(

Happy 3rd tri Kelly!! In some ways that seems to have flown by!!

ts - I was drinking rlt from about 36 weeks and obviously it didn't really have much of an effect on me! Ben really didn't want to come out though!! They say it help make the contractions more effective so I'd go with mrsmigs suggestion and go sooner rather than later!!

Hi to everyone else.

:hugs: Debz sorry your swellin up!

TS I took RLT with both of mine, I think it's just supposed to shorten he pushing stage as it makes your contractions more effective. With DD I think I was pushing for around 25/30 minutes with DS I was only pushing for about 10 minutes :flower: but as everyone else said make sure you leave enough time to get to hospital!!

How is everyone? X

Ts I see the midwife on Thursday going to call at my parents today as my dad has a bp machine. I developed pre eclampsia with Emily bp started going up from 33 weeks. I'm on two weekly bp checks this time and so far it's been stable. Just hoping its not happening again as I had to attend the day unit every day and was eventually hospitalised and induced at 37 weeks.

The swelling is getting no worse but still there.

I'm really glad you are being well taken care of. :hugs: I really hope it is not a bp issue. I hope the swelling goes down soon.

Does anyone have any tips on how to sleep without waking up in pain? My hip/sciatic is hurting SO badly. I am up now when I should be sleeping because I got up to pee and couldn't stand the thought of laying back down. :( I am going to try sleeping on the couch for a bit and see if that hurts or helps it. I find sitting on the couch bad for my sciatic pain... There is no winning! Haha! Only 9 more weeks... (hopefully!) I can do it!

When I sleep at night I use my snoogle. I tuck one end between my legs and up under my belly to support that. Then I tuck the long side real close into my back so it is supported there. Still after about an hour I am in pain. :( I don't know what to do. I guess I have to go back to physio. And then this time do my exercises. I didn't do them because it hurts too much to lay on a mat on the floor to do them. :( I'm such a baby!

I hope you all slept better than me!

We are on day 2 of the storm. We are going to sand and prime the baby's furniture today.

What is everyone else up to today?

I hope you all have a great day!

I've been just lurking lately...its chaos here! Hope you all had a lovely christmas! Ours was mental but fun.

What are you all planning for new years eve? OH is working, my 5 yr old will be out for the count by 8 pm....my oldest and I are going to stay up and I will have a beer and I have promised him a sip! :haha:

Tenzin is super smiley at the moment, and laughs alot, he likes to be bounced...he will turn out as crazy as the other 2 i bet! :wacko::haha:

Hi Loz! My plan for the new year is sit on my bum and watch the Hootenany, same as every other year, unless I am in hospital. Been back in bed this afternoon. Whatever this bug is that I've had it's completely knocked me sideways. Thank god I've had mark at home and family here. Going for reflexology tomorrow and my nails re polishing.

Lozdi, good to see you :) I hope you had a good Christmas. Sounds like you are going to have a nice NYE :)

Mrs. M., I really hope the bug takes a hike soon!

We are planning to have a quite night over at our friends' house. It will just be 6 of us. They mentioned just snacks and a few drinks (for the husbands only since we are all pregnant!). Also, they mentioned something about maybe getting some fireworks. I am not really looking forward to that as they scare me - I don't want any houses burning down!

hey loz lovely to hear from you can we see some up to date pics of little smiler?
poor miggins oi you monkey bum virus leave our miggins alone or else there sorted!!!!
ts sorry you are in pain that sucks i know how you feel i feel about 90 at the moment

Hi Loz, great to hear from you, I'm a lurker too atm. Nothing much planned for ny doing the same as mrsmig without the labour bit!

Mrsmig hope the extra rest this afternoon and overnight sorts out this damned cold do you are all ready for muffler to arrive.
Kelly ts can't really add much to the uncomfortableness, I never really found a comfortable sleep and it varied from day to day. I will sayvthat the sleeplessness is a precursor to when baby arrives, it gets you ready!
Sorry for spelling on phone.

Thanks Pink :) That is pretty much what I was thinking :( I don't expect to ever sleep well again. :haha:

How are you doing?

I'm sorry you are in so much pain too, Kelly. Isn't pregnancy fun :haha:

Kelly and Mindy the joys of pregnancy ey? :lol: I definateky feel your pain more so I've now got this stupid cold :(

Happy DD Mrs M! Can't believe the time has finally come for you :D fingers crossed migglet decides to appear soon!

Sounds like a lovely NYE Loz, no idea what were doing as OH on call from work so it's not like we can go anywhere! We will probably try and keep the kids up quite late so we can have a lie in :lol: but it will depend how I feel as I'm loaded with cold at the moment and I feel like I've been run over by a truck! :(

Sounds like Tenzin is doing brilliantly :) think we need some updated pics :)

How are you and little man Pink? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->