Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

I'm so glad your levels are dropping so quickly. I hope the itching goes away completely soon. :hugs: Hopefully on Thursday you will get good news about your HB and that the meds are keeping your levels good. :)

I'm good, thanks. I slept extra long last night (laying down for about 8.5 hours total, not sleeping all that whole time :wacko:) and now today I have a headache and my hip is extra tender, but other than that I am great.

I was at the doctor on Thursday. I have put on almost 22 lb so far. Eek!! I feel as big as a house. Everyone tells me that I have only put on weight on my tummy and they tell me I am not too big for how far along I am. I still feel huge.

I had more blood take on Thursday too and the tech said "the baby MUST be due soon!" and I said "nope, 2 more months, I am just huge". :cry: She said I wasn't that big, it just seems that I have been pregnant forever. I was a little ticked off at that point (since the blood work was sprung on me when I got to the doctor's office!) so I told her I HAVE been pregnant forever, I had a mc, then another mc, and then I got pregnant now with Finn. I don't know if she felt bad for saying that, but I was just so frustrated by her constant comments about how I HAVE to be due soon - she says it every time I see her. :(

Anyway, that is my rant for today :( Sorry about that guys!

Aww hugs TS. There are always going to be people that say things like that. I had comments like that too and other that said how neat and small I was for how far along I was. Try not to take it to heart but that's easier said that done. 22lb is a fine amount and even with a bit extra in the last 2 months most of that will drop off fast.

MMM - glad the itching has settled and hopefully the HB levels will look better with the next test.

Loz - yay for a business making clothes. What sort of things are you planning to make.

mrsmig - replied in yor journal.

I do swaddle LO, he has very strong moro reflexes that kept wakingh im up and he does seem to settle more (not always) when he is swaddles. I tend just to do it at night unless he is really unsettled during the day for his naps.

Debzie - hope everything is okay with the swelling and raised bp.

Hi to everyone.

Ts your weight gain is fine I too got peed off with the comments when I was still still a work. As I only had one cycle between miscarriage and bfp loads of people that didn't know would comment. I also got the you sure it's not twins. I am bigger than I was with Emily but have gained weight steadily Up until recently. Please don't worry it will all off after. We have enough to worry about. As or sleeping I now have a winning formula. Only works as at the moment I have the bed to myself. I have a soft pillow under my hips and a spare duvet rolled down one side and pillows a the other this means as I turn I can tuck either between my legs. It worked last night I think loz had a similar system.

Fili that's a good size baby. I hope you can work something out with our consultant.

Mrsmigg I'm going o try swaddling this time to see if it works. Ouch for milk coming in.

Mrsmm gad the itching is subsiding,

Hi pink and pichi.

I finally have the last bits of my hospital bag bought just got my big knickers to wash now and I can pack. Need some snacks too oh and luciozade. Any tips mummy's??????????????????????????

breakfast bars are good to have in your bag - they're quick and easy :) sooky sweets are also good for the needed sugar :haha: to be honest i didn't take much with me this time as i was an elective (well, ykwim) but with Pixie i had things like little cartons of juice, breakfast bars, Haribo :haha: and some made up sandwiches because i am such a picky eater.

other things handy for your bag is a dark towel, plenty of good maternity pads - the ones the hospital give you are massive and don't stick very well :dohh:

not long now :D

THanks pichi. Mine still may turn into an elective c section too if my bp continues to misbehave. I will know better after i have seen the consultant a week on monday. Like you i really want a vbac but wont be too gutted if i dont just aslong as i dont have to stay in for long. i hate hospitals. I have some cereal bars to stash in there. I have a few packets of maternity towels too.

Thank you Debzie :) I haven't gotten the twin comment yet, but I'm sure I will. People sure don't think before they open their big mouths! :growlmad:

I have a bit of a system for sleeping. I have my snoogle right down my back and then tucked between my knees and under my bump. That makes a very snuggley support for my hip. Then under me I have almost 2 inches of wool blanket. If I keep my knees up close, in the fetal position it lets me sleep until my bladder wakes me up usually. I pretty much only sleep on my left side. I find my right side quite uncomfortable and my left hip still hurts that way. :wacko: Pregnancy is so fun. :haha:

I hope your swelling doesn't get worse and that your bp stays good.

I should probably start a bag soon too... :dohh: So scared of labour, so I am kind of just ignoring it. :haha:

I hope all you ladies are having a good day :flow:

i cant remenber the last time i had a good night sleep i get a bad shoulder and neck from constantly sleeping on my left side, and im the same as you ts im scared senseless about giving birth

Hi Kelly :) I have been wondering how you were doing.

I'm sorry your shoulder and neck are bad :( Maybe you need a new pillow? When I'm not using my snoogle I have a water pillow. It is AWESOME! It is a regular pillow on top but it has a water section under that that you fill with however much water you want to give you the support you want. It was pricey but since I got it I haven't had any neck issues. I really love it.

I hope your neck and shoulder feel better soon.

I am now waking up every 2 hours to pee but luckily I seem to be getting back to sleep pretty easily. I just hate waking up that much because it really makes me sleepy. Plus, when I wake up to go to the bathroom I don't really feel like I have to pee, it is more pain than anything :(

Soon for your next scan, Kelly! So exciting!

i know im nervous but excited at the same time, think i need to buy a pillow as its getting silly i use my heatpad that helps great fun eh!!!
still waiting for pics of your nursery any idea what size hospital bag your guna take im not sure what to do

Kelly, id recommend one of the pillows from ikea if you can get near one. They're filled like memory foam only not as solid :)

if you have a weekend bag you should be able to fit all your stuff in :) think i have a pic somewhere with the bag i used first time around if that helps?

No pictures of the nursery yet. All we have done is the walls. :dohh: Haha! Well, we have the dressers painted white but they still need another coat and we haven't painted the drawers yet. Hopefully the crib will be here by the 16th - the expected delivery date. I am hoping to get the decal up next weekend. I will post a picture of the paint colour :)

Do you have your nursery started? What colours have you chosen? I remember you posting a picture of a crib a while back, did you get that one?

I use my heating pad a lot too. It helps a lot.

I have no idea what size bag I am using yet. I really have put most of it out of my mind. :wacko: I have a carry on size suit case that we usually use when we go out of town overnight so I think I am going to use that one, I think. Hopefully everything will fit in there. Shawn will have to get his own bag! :haha: What about you? What are you planning to use? Do you have a list yet? I really am so scared to do this! The closer it gets the more scared I get! I know I will just do it and deal with it because that is what needs to be done, but the thought of it all is so scary!

Attachments

• nursery.jpg
    nursery.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 3
pichi a pic would be good as im guna treat myself to a new bag as havent one as i never stay away lol bloody hens keep me at home, ill look at the ikea pillow thanks
ts yes ive started painting the nursery im doing duck egg blue on one wll and taupe for the other three,we have for art decor three sheep jumping over a gate as if he was counting sheep love it. ts im really scared too im determined to start to focus my mind i know its guna hurt but look what we get at the end of it i just remind myself by looking at the other ladies pics of ther gorgeous rainbows xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your nursery design sounds so cute! I love robins egg blue. Please post a picture when you are done. Those sheep sound so cute :)

We will get through it! Like you said, the reward at the end is all the motivation I will need. I am just working myself up by over thinking it, I think :wacko:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/idontknowwhentoshutup/bag_zps30b46756.jpg

thats my hospital and baby bag :)

Hmmmm, maybe my bag will be big enough then :) Thanks for posting that Pichi!

no problem :) some ladies i seen had huge bags but i don't know why - it was like they were going away for a fortnight! lol

I had the discussion with Shawn last night if he thought the bag we had would be big enough. He thinks for sure it is, but I told him he would need his own bag! :haha: Plus the baby will have his own bag too. :) Here we usually end up 2 nights in the hospital. I am hoping that there is no issues at all and it won't be any more than 2 nights!

ts i love the colour you have chosen lovely and bold
thanks pichi so will i need two bags thats a good idea will we need to take just one outfit for baby i need a list

Thanks Kelly :)

I need to start getting a list together too.

I have my first OB/GYN appt on Wednesday. I am glad to meet her but it is not guaranteed that she will deliver. :wacko: The doctors here are on a rotation so I will just end up with whoever is on that shift doing the delivery. I am sure when the time comes I won't really care who is there as long as baby comes out well and everything goes smoothly.

I am also supposed to have a scan soon, but I haven't gotten my appt yet. I am hoping that I can get it in the afternoon so Shawn can come and see our LO one more time before seeing him in person! <3 My doctor sends women for one last growth scan near the end to make sure everything is going well :) I would like to know which way kiddo is facing because at 24 weeks he was head down so I assumed he stayed like that but last week my doctor said that it was his head poking me in the ribs, not his bum like I was thinking. I assumed it was his bum since the kicks on the top are a whole heck of a lot stronger than what I feel lower down (which I assumed was hands in my hip bones) Maybe he is just still so high that he can barely reach my hips. The doctor actually kind of suggested that Finn was transverse again. I don't believe that since I get most of the movement I get is at the top and bottom of my tummy. Who knows, though, since I have never been pregnant before! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->