Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Thanks Debzie :)

I'm glad to hear that your nursery is coming together. I'm sorry that your DH put the crib together wrong. :wacko: I can't wait to see pictures!! I love seeing nurseries :)

Speaking of nurseries, Shawn and I got our first tree up yesterday :happydance: We are hoping to get it finished tonight!

Attachments

• 1st tree up.jpg
    1st tree up.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 3
mindy enjoy your day i hope you have a lovely time your nursery is coming along great xx
debz oh my god not long now cant wait to see nursery pics
hows everyone doing???

Trees are done! Now we need the molding and to switch out the electric sockets and light switch. Then I need to wash the clothes/blankets/sheets etc and sort and pack it all away and I will be done! :happydance:

Attachments

• trees done.jpg
    trees done.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 5
Can't wait to see the nursery pics Debz!

Wow Mindy that is amazing well done!!!

How are you today Kelly? X

Thanks ladies :) We are so happy with it. It was a lot of work but totally worth it!

How are you all today? I hope you are all well :)

I have been sleeping 1/2 the night on the couch lately. I start sleeping in the bed and then it gets to painful so I go down on the couch. :wacko: It sucks! At least I am able to get some sleep down here.

My inlaws are coming for the night. My MIL is coming for the shower and my FIL is going to help Shawn out with some electrical work. It is wonderful to have an electrician in the family! :) The previous owner of the house painted over all the electric sockets so he switched them all over when we bought the house except for the ones in the nursery because at the time our ferrets were living in there! Haha! The previous owners even painted over the light switch! What the heck. people?!? :dohh: Haha! Anyway, soon it will all be nice and new looking! Wooo!

I hope you are all having a great day! I am off now to get some house work done before they get here. :) I broke it up between today and yesterday so it wouldn't be too much.

Hey ladies, hope your all ok well i had my midwife appointment today all well baby head down and measuring to date so thats good,she told me that after i give birth the hospital will ask me if i want the injection to help the placenta come away or if i was guna wait naturally of cause i had no idea lol whats your views on this ladies? is it best to have the injection ?
im fine mmm mindy thanks for asking been a tired bunny today recon the cold wether doesnt help wears you out.
hows everyone doing/
How did the baby shower go mindy?

That is such great news about baby, Kelly :) I am so happy to hear he is measuring right! That is the most wonderful thing of all!

About the injection, I'm not really sure. I am curious to hear what others say about it too. I have done a little research about it but am still unsure. From what I read you could possible hemorrhage if you deliver the placenta naturally but if you have the injection it could make you nauseous and vomit. I am not sure if there are other negatives to it. Right now (almost 3:30 in the morning) my brain doesn't seem to be functioning enough to find out. :haha:

I'm sorry you are so tired. I hope you aren't pushing yourself too hard! You don't want your little man making an appearance too early!

The shower was wonderful. :) The games were fun, my friend was so creative with them. She had a Guess the Flavour of Baby Food game but I was too chicken to try them! Haha! She also had a scrambled word game, a Scattegories game, a memory game, a guess the number of items game, and also the ladies had to estimate how big around my tummy is. One lady guessed it almost exactly. Everyone else over estimated! They had to cut string the length they thought would go around my tummy and then I measured it against the piece that I actually put around my tummy. I got SO many wonderful gifts. I got 2 homemade quilts. I love them so much. My mom also made a bunch of other homemade things. It was great. The cake was really funny. My friend got it made by a local lady and she is not used to working with gluten free cakes so it didn't really rise like a regular cake would. It was supposed to be a bump but just ended up being a torso... with about an inch and a half of buttercream icing on top! :haha: She tried to make a bump from icing but it would have needed at least another 2 inches of icing! As it was the cake and the icing were about equal in thickness. :haha: It was very pretty though, with sparkly fondant decorating it.

I hope you are all well. I guess it is a sensisble hour in the morning where most of you are now. :) I am going to try to get a few more hours of sleep here on the couch. I hope you are all having a good start to the day :)

The cold weather definitely doesn't help energy levels!!

I had the injection with both of mine and had no side effects at all ... I think I delivered the placenta within 15 mins or so with both of mine :thumbup: I'll be getting it again

How is everyone today? x

I had a big post all done up and then I did something and erased it all :( Then my in-laws got up and I didn't get a chance to get back here until now.

I am going to ask my OB/GYN about the injection when I see her again on the 6th. I am not sure what the policy is here for it. I am going to have delayed cord clamping so if I can get the injection after all that and pass the placenta in a few minutes and not risk hemorrhaging (or vomiting! blah!) then I will do it. I don't want to wait for too long to pass it.

I woke up this morning with the worst pain in my back (kidney area??). It was so bad it was hot, sweaty, and nauseous with it. I wasn't laying on my back, I was still in a sitting position. I think that maybe I squished something when I was asleep. It was awful. I was actually on the verge of tears from it. Blah! Luckily it passed soon after. I am going to have to find a new way to sleep. :wacko: Maybe I am going to have to sleep in the chair we have for the nursery. That chair really feels good on my back.

On the topic of kidney area... is it possible to have a UTI and not have any symptoms? And then have it like that for so long that it travels to your kidneys? At my last doctor appt they found leukocytes in my urine and the doctor asked if I had any symptoms of a UTI. I don't have any symptoms and I have never had a UTI before so I am not really sure what to look for. I do get period type pains every now and then but they pass. I woke up with that pain this morning and I have had pain similar to it on Friday. I think it is just my back, but now I am worried. I am going to call the doctor on Monday to see if they did a culture on my urine to see if I do have an infection. Blah!

Sorry for complaining so much. :( I suck! I try not to complain too much but, boy, I am getting uncomfortable. What we women have to go through... Haha!

MMM, I loved that video you linked on FB. It made me giggle a little about the men not being able to take it for all that long. What would they do if they had a 10 hour labour or worse?? :haha:

How are you all today? I hope you are all well :)

Hi ladies :hugs: Its super hectic here, hence the quietness on my part. The BIG Fella....has 2 bottom teeth just popping through! A little scary, because he is still on just booby juice...but he hasn't bit me with them yet.

On the subject of that injection, it really is a matter of personal preference unless medically you NEED it. The differences are without the injection you bleed more immediately after giving birth, but less after...and with it you bleed less immediately after birth and more after. Actually hemorrhaging dangerously after birth is not common. There is slightly greater chance of having retained placenta if you take the jab, because it makes you contract and if the placenta doesn't get out in time, you can end up needing to go into theater for manual removal. (Doctor's arm up your twinkle, to be blunt) The possibility of that, scared the bejezus out of me, no way would I have that injection, unless my midwife who I trusted completely, swore I needed it to prevent a dangerous emergency. Thats my take on it, you have to do your own research and decide which option you feel most comfortable with.

Thank you Lozdi. That was the negative for the injection (retained placenta) that I read about but forgot all about (can you say sleep deprived!! :haha:)

I can't believe big fella has 2 teeth on the way already! If you get a chance I would love to see a new picture :) How have you been?

thanks loz well thats sorted that im guna delay and opt out of the injection unless i really need it, loz can we see some pics xxx
ts im sorry you are pained i think a visit to the docs is a good idea oh lordy you are35 weeks how exciting not long now xx

I know, I can't believe how fast time is flying!! It is getting scary now. We are getting the nursery done, but I don't have the wipes cut and sewn yet. I think that job is probably more important than getting the molding up, I think we will need wipes pretty much right away! :haha:

I am going to spend the next few days getting the quiet books I was supposed to finish for Christmas done and then I will start on the wipes. They should be really quick, just cut them out and serge around the edges. Not too bad. :)

How are you today, Kelly?

yeah doing ok im getting excited now very nervous but very excited i have more time then you to get sorted but its just going so fast

You don't have much more time than me! ;) We will get it all done! Don't worry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->