Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Yeah! So you can prepare the game for when I come to visit Newfoundland!!
(Btw, silly question, but Newfoundland=Terreneuve=Nova Scotia, or I'm totally wrong??)

I will get it all set up and ready for when you get here ;)

Newfoundland Labrador is the province I live in. It is made up of an island (Newfoundland) and "the big land" (Labrador) which is a part of mainland Canada, bordering on Quebec. Nova Scotia is another province that is attached to mainland Canada. When you "drive" from Newfoundland to Nova Scotia you get a big ferry that goes from Port aux Basque, Newfoundland to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. It takes between 6-8 hours to get there on the ferry.

map :) https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl...8zUZvBGYbmyQGchoDoAQ&ved=0CDMQ9QEwAg&dur=1115

I just thought of something, the part of Newfoundland that I am living in now is called "the French Shore" There is a heritage site in a place called Coachman's Cove (20 minutes from us) that still has a french oven. Fleur-de-Lys is right next to Coachman's Cove and we live in Baie Verte :) There are many places in Newfoundland with french names and french history. :)

When I was a coastguard, we used to hear St Johns coastguard radio transmitting at night, if the weather conditions were right :)

That's sounds amazing ts! I defo have to plan something there one day... Pbl when ur already an expat, you have to plan your holiday first to visit family, and then if you've got time and money you can plan "real" holidays. In our case, we already have to go to france and algeria. But maybe one day... ;-)

Coastguard! That's exciting! You've done a lot ickle after the cadets!

I can completely understand that, Ummi. My parents live in Ontario and usually their "vacation" is home to Newfoundland. Maybe one day you will make it here. If you do I will have Clue set up and ready to go :)

I know, it's over 2000 miles away from here :)

The coastguard was a great job but there was too much industrial action, station closures and the pay was really poor when you have to do a years training to be qualified.

AFM - Got my booking in appointment today with the midwife. So excited that we've got this far this time.

Hi can I join you all?

I'm just over 4 weeks and while this will be my 6th, I can't help but feel nervous after my losses, especially the most recent. I'm working my way through the 100s of pages and it's been nice to read about the successes and to realise that I'm not the only one that stresses over every little thing.

Anyhow I got my BFP just over a week ago (must have been 7/8dpo) and the lines have steadily got darker, to the point where they just can't get any darker and I got a 3+ on a clearblue yesterday at only 4+1 weeks (which is a little scary). Even knowing that the tests can't get any darker I have to test at least once a day for peace of mind and every little twinge is setting me off panicking.

Welcome to our little group :) Congratulations on your bfp!

I got my 3+ at 4+3 and it worried me too but everything was good! I really suggest you stop testing now. Testing will really make you bananas. I tested 2 times this time and it was much better for me, stress-wise.

Happy and healthy 9 months and try to keep a PMA! One day at a time!

I stopped testing after I got the 3+ at bang on 6 weeks and I think it's been good for my sanity. Welcome to our group :)

The booking in appointment seems to happen at different times in different areas. In my area it's between 6-8 weeks ideally. You don't have to see you GP or anything either, just call the midwife direct.

Booking in happens at 9 weeks here, and the midwife books your dating scan while you are there.
Welcome Firefly!! I only tested for a few days and forced myself to stop. It was hard. Are you taking any aspirin or progesterone this time?

I saw my GP on Thursday, because the EPU had told me to get a referral as soon as I got a second line. But my gp is not very sympathetic and in his words "you've not even missed a period yet, I'm not going to refer you", he also seemed to think the successful pregnancies somehow negated the losses in the worry stakes. He did refer me to the midwife though and I've got my first appointment Wednesday afternoon. I also phoned the EPU myself and have an early scan 2weeks on Friday when I'll be exactly 7 weeks.

I know I should stop testing, but seeing those dark lines are the only thing keeping me sane. Yesterday was a really weird day and that 3+ was so reassuring. I had my gallbladder taken out over 20 years ago and regularly suffer from bile diarrhea when pregnant, but I forgot, drank some milk and was on the loo most of the afternoon with cramping squits.

ETA: I've just realised that I'm two days closer to my first midwife appointment than I got last time.

I'm hoping the midwife today will send me for an early scan but if not, I think we're going to pay for one privately. I've been quite calm so far but I don't think I could wait another 5 weeks.

I'm hoping the midwife today will send me for an early scan but if not, I think we're going to pay for one privately. I've been quite calm so far but I don't think I could wait another 5 weeks.

Have you tried phoning the EPU? Whoever I spoke to at mine was really nice and understood completely why I wanted an early scan. The only reason we're waiting till 7 weeks is to be sure we can see something.

Welcome firefly!!
Those GPs really start getting on my nerves!!! Mine didn't want to refer me to the epau either (after I told i went fir a private, and dates were not matching)!! I had to ring another hospital who takes self referrals if you already had a loss. I can't believe they did that to you!!
Believe me I would do a better job!!!
Anyway, sorry about the rant, but they do make me really really angry!
I wish you happy and healthy 9 months!!!

Just like ts said, now that you've got to 3+, you can stop testing. Well it drive me mad, especially when the 3+ went back to 2-3, and then i had to research about the hook (thx to my b&b friends who pointed me in the right direction).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->