Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

I didn't think about phoning them, since there's nothing wrong, it'd just be purely for reassurance. Might be worth a try though.

Just tell them exactly that, that you need reassurance, they might understand. The epau I called were very understanding.

It depends where you live. I know Pichi got an early scan for reassurance. I got a big fat "no chance" even though I had miscarried twice, once at 10 weeks.

Welcome Firefly :flower: I agree with the others in that I would stop testing as you will just drive yourself mad :hugs:

:hugs: Ickle hope you can get an early scan. I got an early scan but it was oly because I was bleeding.

How's everyone else? X

Mrs miggins is right. I managed to get a scan at my booking appointment to see how far along exactly i was :) since our area isn't too large i think that's also how we managed to get scanned

Hi Firefly! Congrsts :)
Ickle I ended up paying for a private scan at 8wks, cost £90 but worth every penny for the peace of mind. My friend lied and said she didnt know her dates so got an early scan on NHS she was only 9wks gone-turned out to be twins so it was lucky in the end really!!
Hi all hope you had a nice weekend- Mindy hope your eating curry toninght!!

Mindys been very quiet today!! Hope little man has decided to make his appearance!!

Only 7 more weeks till we meet our little man!! It's quite scary really!! I remember being the last one on this thread and now we've got so many more lovely people join :cloud9: x

Sorry guys, hadn't had time to update until now. My water broke at little more than 2.5 hours ago. Still no contractions. We are about an hour and a half from the hospital now. Still feeling really calm. I was a little nervous when my water first broke since I was in the bathroom and no where near my phone. Haha!

I hope you are all well. :flow:

I'll update when I can :)

Omg Mindy!!! Good luck hunni I can't wait to see little man!!! Yey come on Finn!! X

Oh! Mindy!!! You won't have to wait too long now!! So exciting!
I wish you a beautiful labour and birth! A handsome baby in good health!!

Ooo exciting Mindy! Hope it all goes smoothly.

My appointment wasn't a full booking in appointment. It was with a student midwife who gave me my notes and talked me through which bits to fill in. I got a Ready Steady Baby book, which is really good. Takes you from early pregnancy through to the baby being a year old. I also got leaflets about keeping fit in pregnancy, one from Tayside police about carseats and how to wear a seatbelt safely round your bump, one about the different testing available during pregnancy and for newborns.

I'm going back next week to go through my completed notes (which we did as soon as we got home like swots lol) and I'll meet my midwife then. I'll also have bloods taken for the tests I've requested. Love all the choices I'm being allowed to make. Really lets you feel in control. Oh another leaflet I got was about the maternity services available in the area so I'll be allowed to choose where I give birth.

Our appointment was in one of the birthing rooms, it had a lovely birthing pool in it. Hope I can use it. There was signs up about the importance of skin to skin and she mentioned hypobirthing, so it seems like just the sort of place I want to be. There's an aqua natal class that I can go to, think ill start that after we go public.

I had my height and weight done so they could see if I need extra frolic acid but my BMI is low enough that I don't. I can get free vitamins from them though so I think I'll get them once the ones I've bought run out.

All in all a positive appointment. I didn't ask about a scan in the end since it wasn't with my midwife but I will next week.

Sorry guys, hadn't had time to update until now. My water broke at little more than 2.5 hours ago. Still no contractions. We are about an hour and a half from the hospital now. Still feeling really calm. I was a little nervous when my water first broke since I was in the bathroom and no where near my phone. Haha!

I hope you are all well. :flow:

I'll update when I can :)

eek! so exciting!!!

Ickle. glad your half booking appt went well :) A friend of mine just had her little girl in Montrose :) also, if you are interested in hypnobirthing i have a book on that too if you'd like it?

Oh exciting Mindy Cant wait to hear all about it :) To quote Ummi have a beautiful birth xx

Sounds like you had a great appointment Ickle thats great you have such a nice place to birth at :)

Thanks so,much ladies. :) I'm at the hospital now. Checked in and waiting for the Dr to come check me. Then I am going to get up and start walking and hopefully get the contractions going. I hope they start soon because I really don't want to have to be induced.

Ickle, that sounds like a great appt. :)

How exciting Mindy!! You are going to meet your rainbow soon!! Happy beginnings sweetie. I hope those contractions start soon. I hope to wake up in the morning to good news.
Ickle, I replied about your appointment today in your journal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->