Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Awe poor Benjamin pink hope he get better soon. I hate jabs I have to take my mam with me for moral support not looking forward to Isla getting hers in a few weeks.

Missmm yeah for bring spoultvyesterday sounds like you have a busy day planned. Hope the dermatologist appt goes well.

Happy 37 weeks Kelly eeeeek full term.

Afm Isla is still having good and bad nights. Chris and I are clashing over parenting styles at te moment....he thinks she should be on a feeding schedule and should be left to cry not picked up all the time.....I of course differ from this. I feed on demand an give as many snuggles and cuddles as she needs. Down the line we will implement a more structured routine but no just yet. I'm feeling better still get tired but not as sore least now I can carry the car seat and push the pram without being doubled up in pain. Means I can start getting out more.

Waiting in go the health visitor again today supposed to be here at 09.30, she cancelled yesterday but only rang afte she was an hour late. Will update when she has been. I also have a Mother's Day party to attend this afternoon at Emily's school cannot wai for that. We also are invited to have lunch itch our kids on Monday.

:hugs: Debz, like I said in your journal it's you doing the majority of the care for Isla so you need to do what's best for you and her. Happy 1 month to Isla as well!! Can't believe she's a month already :wacko: The lunch sounds lovely, hope you have a great time x

Thanks DEbzie - glad to hear you are feeling better. My OH kept forgetting about my CS and not being able to lift the car seat etc, so its good when things start to heal up, just don't push yourself too much.

The injections knock Benjamin off for about a week, the first time the HV said it was coincidence (which I didn't believe) but it happened gain this time, off feeding, lots of dirty nappies and just a sad little man for a week. Sometime HV can be good but their standard response of 'coincidence' and 'its a phase' really p** me off. Hope she turns up for you today.

Happy full term Kelly!!

Benjamin still asleep. He fed at 2.30am, 6am. I had been putting back down after his 6am feed and he has been sleeping till after 9, in some ways its great I get some time in the morning to myself but at the same time, for some reason, it bothers me. Is it okay for him to be sleeping till now? He went to bed at 7.30pm.

Sorry mmm for the misunderstanding. Not nice being told you're older than you actually are! Lol! Just think of it that way: you're only half way through!
Glad you had a lovely day.

Pink: sorry little Ben is not well. Have you tried gently massaging his tummy? As for calpol, I never noticed anything like that. I don't know. But if it's calpol, then he may not tolerate one of the ingredients in it. Hope he gets better really soon.
I'll let you know about ds's arm when he gets the cast off. ^^

Morning ladies eeeek FULL TERM don't think he wants to come yet hes still got hes feet jabbed in my ribs isn't it time he dropped?
Pink really hope little ben gets better soon poor boy the nightys are great fanks so much xxxx
Debz I agree with kel your doing most the feeding etc so you go with what is best for you
hows everyone else today? xxxxxxxx

oh DEbzie - OH and I where like that too. Now when he cries at bedtime I can tell the difference between pain cries and just general settling to sleep cries. Now I just leave him and he settles within a minute but earlier on when he had bad colic/wind there was no way I was going to leave him to cry like OH wanted. My mum visited last week and said I went to him too much when he cries and he'll end up a mummys boy - wth?

Omg! It seems i missed a few posts here when I replied.

Pink: it may well actually be due to the injection and not the calpol.

Debzie: glad you are feeling better. I have clashing sometimes with dh about parenting. We managed to agree that we have to agree on something for the kids' sake. Just like mmm said, it's you taking care of Isla's needs most of the time, so better do it you way. And yes, she is still very little and needs all the cuddles possible. I used to tell people (cause everyone was criticising that I was carrying ds2 too much at 3 weeks) that he stayed 9 months constantly in physical contact w/me, he cant go without it cold turkey!

Kelly: sorry almost missed your 37 weeks!! Happy full term hun!

Poor little Benjamin! Hope he settles soon.

Happy term Kelly!

I agree with you Debzie, it's far too early for a routine when she's so tiny. Just remind him that she doesn't know what century she was born in, and to her being seperated from her mummy means death, so until you're able to explain to her that she's fine then she will cry. Mummies know best!

AFM - nothing much to report. MS has stayed away for the most part but I don't feel 100%. It's like I'm already full, even before I've eaten. I'll just stick to little and often and see how it goes.

Update from Dani - she had another scan this morning and it isn't good news. Both sacs are now ruptured. She doesn't have any answers at the moment. It's just a waiting game until she's 24 weeks and then they can give her the steroids to develop the babies lungs.

Thanks ladies.

Well hv turned up today gave me the post natal depression questionnaire to do I fecking hate those things.....do they not have the skills to ask you the questions and explore things. No wonder most pnd goes undiagnosed and women suffer.

Well anyway Isla is a whopping 10lb 5oz gained 7oz and a bit oz in a week. She is still half half bottle and breast so something must be working. She's flat out at the moment so it's given me time to at least try to look human for Emily's party at school. I will be a yummy mummy one day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 5
Aww Debzie - Isla is so cute!!

Ickle- -how far along is she just now? I so hope they can hang on till the steroids. Sending lots of love.

So sorry for Dani. Thinking of you hun xxx

Debzie: Isla is just soooo gorgeous! No wonder why you can't let her cry! You'd want to give her cuddles all the time!

debz shes totally stunning xx
poor dani really hope things work out

Ickle thanks for the update from Dani, I just wish it was better news. Lots of love and thoughts for Dani.
I agree little and often is the way forward. Plus just eating what you fancy as well.
Pink, I wouldn't worry about Benjamin sleeping in, he obviously needs it. I'm a big believer in letting them sleep when they need it. I agree about the injections and the calpol, though calpol has always affected Edie's poo. Even now it gives it a certain smell and makes it a weird consistency. Louis poo has been horrific since his jabs.
Debzie Isla is gorgeous and clearly thriving well. Mark has always been a bit like Chris in that respect as well but they are so tiny at this age they just need their mums. Men are silly. I bet you are a yummy mummy! Though 9 weeks after having Louis I feel such a wreck. My clothes are horrible, my hair is a mess, I need a pedicure and to lose some weight. My health visitor never gave me the PND questionnaires she just asked me a few questions. I know I've been really lucky and seem to have escaped it both times. I have had the odd day where I feel like everything around me is chaos and I can't cope but it always seems to pass. Louis has a witching hour at about 5pm and cries unless I cuddle or bounce him so I've learnt I need to prepare tea in the afternoon. And not do anything stupid like try to bake a cake with Edie at teatime like I did on Monday.

Thanks lades.

Mrsmig I know exactly how you feel. I am lucky in Emily is at school so I have eart to make tea on an afternoon for wen she gets home as she comes back ravenous and a naughty if she is hungry. I still wearing my maternity clothes as my stomach s still flabby and swollen I think at the moment I look about 20 weeks it hasn't helped that I ave it been able to do much not even walk out.. I'm still 2 stone over my starting weight but I'm not too worried yet. My witching hour is nearly upon me mine is six....although she's starting now.

She's 23w2 I think.

I think it's indigestion I've had. Apprently mints make it worse (I'd been eating them to keep the MS at bay) so I'm going to avoid them and see how it goes.

I take tums for indigestion ickle works a treat
sounds to me miggins that your doing a fantastic job I know who to get advice from when needed
I had a fall tonight it really shook me up I didn't fall on my bump it was on my hands and knee really hurt one of my hands and my bump felt funny after for a bit do you think all is ok? bump ok now no cramping or out like that my balance seems to of gone to pot

Kelly: hope you're ok now. Did you feel baby moving afterwards? Did you go and get checked just in case? I had a fall with ds2 at about 35 weeks or so. The worst day of that pregnancy. I fell on my bum, but baby stopped moving so I went straight to the maternity to get checked, and mw said it was all ok, but better to be safe than sorry.
If I were you, if you feel baby moving, then it may wait until tomo, otherwise go and have it checked now.
I'm sure lil Daniel will be ok though. Try and get some rest.
Keep us posted hun. *hugs*

hes been moving lots so will be ok I fell on my hand cant move it today which is not good as I have lots of work to do dam!!!!!!
How are you Ummi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->