Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Turns out the movement was just gas... Silly gassy boy. He's still sleeping for a little while.

Thanks Pink :hugs:

Still not much sleep here. Finn had a terrible few days. We had a very bad scare on Friday (my worst fear came true :(). He vomited while laying on his back and even though Shawn was right there and picked him up immediately, turning him to make sure it all came out, he still choked. He was choking on really thick mucous. I lost it. I was crying and running around trying to get things ready to get him to the hospital. Shawn was my rock. He was awesome, helping Finn get the mucus up and really staying calm for us both. We finally got ready to go (when we finally felt a little better putting him in the carseat to get to the hospital) and Shawn had to go out to get the car out of the driveway - of course we had a snow storm that morning. :wacko: Taking Finn and working on keeping him breathing myself really helped to calm me down. He was actually turning white. :cry: At the hospital they measured his O2 levels and they were up to 100% by then. The dr suctioned his mouth and nose but it was pretty much all out by then. Anyway, I think that really made him feel sick because he cried for 7-8 hours a day for the following 2 days. It was really tough because it also coincided with a growth spurt and crazy cluster feeding. Finally yesterday he has started to be himself again.

Anyway, after all of that we gave up on the "back to sleep" thing. Now he is propped up with a rolled receiving blanket. I am feeling much better about that. That is what we did first when we came home but then he vomited and I was worried about him being on his side, that his face would go in it, so we researched some more and of course Health Canada recommends "back to sleep" so we went with that... how the heck does any parent know what to do when there is so much conflicting information out there??

I'm sorry Ben has had a few bad nights. I really hope that he feels better soon. I don't know if you guys have something called Ovol over there but that is something my dr recommended for Finn for gas. He said it just takes the small gas bubbles and sticks them together so they come out easier. Have you tried gripe water? That really seems to help Finn (most times). I hope his belly issues go away for good soon!! I'm glad your visit with your Dad and step mom went well. I'm sorry they had to go again so soon.

Ickle, I have non-wired bras now. My nursing bras are non wired and they are actually really good. My chest is GG :wacko: The brand is Bliss (https://www.bravadodesigns.com/shop/the-bliss-nursing-bra) I don't feel that I don't have any support. Oh, you will also notice that when baby gets nice and big and fills everything in there your ribs will expand. I had to get an extender for my bras. Although the cups were still ok I couldn't hook my bra. It was my ribs expanding to fit baby!

I hope all you ladies are doing well today. :flower:

I think I'll go and get measured properly somewhere and see what bras they suggest. I had a look at that bravado bra cupcake, I'd need a double plus which looks huge lol!

Mindy I get my 12 week scan 3 weeks tomorrow when I'll be either 13weeks or 13w4. The woman who does the scans is on holiday the week before which is why I'm having it so late. All being well, I'm going to tell my closest friends that afternoon, my work the following day and then Facebook that evening.
No - it's not too huge.

I had to get a + (gone up to about an E) and it's really nice on. The bonus is as it's got nice straight edges even if it does peep under clothes, it looks like a vest top really.

I've just had another go at trying to find the babies heartbeat. I changed the battery which meant I heard something rather than nothing lol! I heard my own heartbeat but that's about it. I'll have another go in a couple of days.

Do you have lots of gel? Sound travels better through the gel. Also i was suprised how low baby was first time i found it, right into pube line! Its still early to hear it though i waited until 15wks but got it straight away. Dont panic, you may pick up wooshing of placenta and baby is usually very near by. Good luck xx

I did but it was conceive plus rather than proper gel lol!

I was right into my pube line but I think my belly got in the way a bit :) I'm not panicking, since I knew it'd be hard this early on.

Hi ladies!

Oh Mindy! That was so scary!! Thank Hod, Finn is ok! How are you feeling now?
My mum told me, when I was born, docs were saying to let baby sleep on his tummy, then 10 years later she had my little brother, they were saying on the side, changing sides every time you put the baby in his cot. And when i had ds1, 13 years later they were saying on the back. It's so confusing!! My kids never really liked sleeping on their back, so as soon as they were able to flip around, they started sleeping on their front. I'm sleeping on the side is ok for Finn.

Ickle: I remember now, actually I did like pink, I had some non wired sports bras that were quite comfy and bought maternity bras at the end.

I think I may have missed a few posts, did have internet connection all day (seems like an eternity! Lool!)

Kelly: did you manage to get some rest?

MrsMig: how are you? Ready and packing?

Hope your all ok though! Hugs to everyone!

Just a quick update from me as Internet signals crap here :lol:

Ba us growing well, still measuring a week ahead, they didn't give a weight but ill ask next week. Fluid has gone from 7.1 to 6.6 so I'm losing it somehow still. They didn't get to measure it all because of the way baby was laid so I have to go back for another scan to check the fluid again next week. They are happy with babys growth despite the fluid loss x

Hey glad little boy is ok and growing well? I wonder whats happening with fluid? Hope they figure it out honey xxx

Glad baby is growing well despite the fluid loss.

AFM - had a crap start to the day. Just found out that we're not being invited to re-tender for the contract I work on. I haven't spoken to my boss yet but I think I'll get the option to TUPE over to whatever company takes on the contract or they will find somewhere for me somewhere else here. Our main contract is also up for renewal though, so if we lose that too, I'm not sure what the story is. I think I'll have to tell my boss that I'm pregnant when I speak to him about it.

mmm- glad the lo os growing well, are they concerned about the fluid loss? How are the hips today?

ickle - :hugs: if it was me I would probably hold off telling them in case your position 'isn't required' when the new people or re tendering of the overall contract goes out, but I am cynical that way. How supportive is your boss? Not sure how all that works, hope it all works out in the end.

Hi everyone.

afm - B up every 3 hours last night, this is worse than when he was new born and its really getting to me. I know they have a 3 month growth spurt but he has been like this ofor 4 weeks now! Thinking of introducing a bottle of formula at bed time to see if that helps

is there any way you could introduce an extra feed in the day? That way he is sorta tanked up on food?

ickle, hold on tight in the job front - i hope the outcome is a good one. We are always scared this will happen to OHs work because he's the main earner in this house. On the doppler, its real tough to find at first. Try again in a week and angle it right down into your hip and down:)

mmm glad baby is still well :)

I decided to tell my boss. He's keen to keep us all and says that either way I'd have to be treated the same as if I wasn't pregnant. He's very supportive, and we work well together so I don't think he'd get rid of me for being pregnant. I know they're not allowed to do that officially but there's ways round it that the worse employers seem to find.

Pink, I'm just curious as a newbie to all this, why would feeding formula rather than BM make him sleep better?

Hello ladies mainly been reading when I can. As you know I have been trying to up my milk so when Isla isn't latched on I'm pumping or dealing with everyday life. Lol.

Missmoo that's Not good about your waters. A friend was in a similar situation and they fingered out that she wasn't producing more and that if she was scanned at different times of the day she had more as the baby had wee'd some out. Least he's still growing well that's the main thing.

Ickle sorry to hear about work. Hope something can be sorted you don't need the added stress right now. I was measured at 12 weeks for a bra then needed another at 20 weeks still wearing those now but am in desperate need of more. I have been looking at them too I would need an xl+.

Pink I don't think formula will make any difference except make you feel guilty. One of the ladies in my breastfeeding group was talking about it last week. The hv that runs it said although formula takes longer to digest that breast milk it won't keep a baby asleep longer. I know it's hard. Emily did not sleep through until she had started nursery I tried everything with her. I hope you find a solution. Hugs.

Hello to everyone else.

Well doc put me on motilium ( domperidone) you may know it for nausea and vomiting but a side effect is it increases prolactin levels in some women and therefore increases milk supply. I don't know if it has worked or its me just putting her on my boob more but I do have more milk. Got to go Issa woke up.

Pichi, we're the same DH earns a good bit more than me. I was looking at figures at the weekend, and working out how much I'd take home if I went part time after mat leave. After childcare and petrol, it isn't a lot. I'd love to give up work but I don't think it's going to be possible on DH's current wage. I'm trying to think of ways that I could make the same amount of money or more, working from home.

Pichi - he seems to be going every 2.5 to 3 hrs during the day and I squeeze an extra feed in around 5pm. Since his injections though he only feeds for 5 mins (max - he used to do 10) from each breast. I have tried feeding him in the dark in case he is just too nosy etc bit that doesn't seem to be helping.

ickle - formula tends to take longer to digest therefore keeps their tummies fuller for longer therefore longer sleep.

Debzie -I know most hv will say that and I know it isn't a guarantee but knowing he used to sleep for 6-7 hours before makes it seem harder. Was Emily bf or FF? Good the milk is increasing, it is probably a bit of both.

It just so many people with FF babies do seem to get a longer sleep at night. I am only thinking about it atm but the thoughts are stronger at 1am -5am! I am not expecting him to sttn but a bigger gap between feeds would be nice.

ickle - glad your boss is so good make things so much easier.

Emily was ff and it made no difference Isla sleeps better than she ever did.

we have been real lucky sleep wise but i think its just luck haha

Ok but if he's feeding more, is it because he needs the extra calories/nutrients? So then keeping his tummy fuller but without the extra calories isn't giving him everything he needs. Sorry if I'm missing something. There's so much to learn so I'm trying to soak up as much info now as possible.

ickle - I suppose technically it may seem he is missing out on some 'needed' calories if you are giving formula which keep them fuller longer and therefore may miss out on a breast feed but I don't think it is as simple as that but I am still not sure why. I know breast milk changes through the day and has less fat content in teh evenings.

i think calorific value of formula is slightly more as it is thicker than breast milk. It all depends on baby too. Ben may just like to eat hehe. Where as we have a wee boy whos eyes are bigger than his belly. He eats 25oz a day, any more then he is sick and gets a sore tum (which effects his sleep at night)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->