Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

I knew you ladies would understand our excitement! We went for a clinic in Aberdeen because the £35 scan is only up to 8 weeks in Perth. It's £70 for one at 12 weeks and £99 in Aberdeen, and it's more convenient for us.

Kelly from that site it doesn't matter really it's just about tilting your pelvis forward. Cleaning the floor is supposed to help too lol!

Kelly, my dr suggested leaning over the back of the couch (or something similar height) on your elbows. I just leaned over with my hands on the arm of my couch (sofa?) so that I was bent at 90 degrees and then swayed my hips back and forth. :)

The family resource centre was great. We were really late getting there and only made it for 1/2 hour but it was still good. We know one of the mommies there already as she is a teacher too. She has twin boys and a 4 year old daughter. The other mommies are great. The youngest baby besides Finn is 6 weeks old and really big! Haha! Shawn came with me this time and it was good because I am not comfortable yet going anywhere alone. Next week our friend offered to drive Finn and I over with her boys :)

I hope you guys are all doing good. :flower:

Finn is waking now, right on time for 3 hours. I have stopped worrying so much about when he is eating now since he has put on weight so well. Now I just have to get him to sleep longer than 2 or 3 hours at night! :haha:

Exciting that you have an end date in sight Kelly :)

I was induced with M and I think I had a good experience. Vaginal birth, no epi, and a very quick labour. The contractions were very intense and I didn't really have a lead up with them, it was kinda like a few OK contractions and then wham big ones!

To be honest looking back now after everything else I've gone though, I don't care how he got here, I'm just eternally grateful that he arrived safe and healthy :)

Dani update - they are having a memorial service for Lucy today. I can't imagine how hard that will be. Amie is doing well. Still off the vent and just on the CPAP, is getting mummy's milk. The only line she has is for nutrients which will be coming out in a few days if she continues to tolerate the milk well. Dani's posted a few pictures, she's tiny obviously but still beautiful and has cute fuzzy arms :)

thanks ickle arh would love to see pics oh and lol with the scrubing flors think ill leave that as a last resort
well had a bad night last night had wat felt like period pains all night and still uncomfy is this a sign?

That sounds like good signs Kelly that's how my labour with DD started!! X

Sounding good kelly - I did get period type pains on and off but not for any length of time so maybe this is you - exciting!!

ickle - thanks for the update. I can't imagine going through a day like today for her. I saw the pics of aime - just beautiful.

sounds really good Kelly - I started having uncomfortable period pains after they put the gel in to induce me :) I always thought it must have meant that my cervix was starting to thin out

Thinking of little Lucy, Dani and Amie today. It must be such a unbelievably hard thing to go through x

I had my scan today - got to see a little heartbeat :) I'm 6+4 according to LMP, but scan put me at 7 weeks :) FF initially guessed I O on CD11 when I got a peak on the CBFM, then changed it to CD13 - I think CD11 was probably more right!

Just a quick post, Ginny congrats on a great scan!! Louis was born on the due date FF gave me! Lots of thoughts for Dani today.
Kelly, period pains are a good sign. I hope this is it for you.
Ickle, yay for a private scan.

kelly period pains are good :) with pixie i had them on Thurs, Friday they started getting more rythmic and then contractions started to pick up that night :)

Kelly, my entire labour felt like period pains. I never got full tummy contractions. The period pains started for me and 16.5 hours later I had Finn. Good luck!!

Awesome news about your scan Ginny :happydance:

My heart goes out to Dani and her family today. Glad to hear Aimie is doing well.

Hope you're all having a good day. :flower:

I'm getting more and more excited for you Kelly!

I'm so tired today. Had a bad sleep. Roll on 5pm!

Kelly this is great sign, maybe the easter bunny will bring you an eggstra special gift?!
Poor danni, thinking of her today, but amazing amie is so strong.
Ginny excellent news so happy to hear lo is ahead
Hi all xxx

Afm just back from physio my sacrum on theright side is higer than left side he ce my pelvic pain im all wonky. Im strapped up like a turkey! Having crampy pains today think babe has had massive growth spurt this week mytummy looks like a pregnant belly now!:happydance:

Sorry about your pain, Merri :hugs: But, yay for pregnant looking tummy! :happydance:

Did any of you ladies introduce a pacifier? Finn nursed for about 4 hours nearly constantly last night and I am wondering if maybe some of it was just for comfort? I am wondering if I should try a pacifier with him? If you did use a pacifier, how old was your LO when you first gave it?

Sorry about your pain, Merri :hugs: But, yay for pregnant looking tummy! :happydance:

Did any of you ladies introduce a pacifier? Finn nursed for about 4 hours nearly constantly last night and I am wondering if maybe some of it was just for comfort? I am wondering if I should try a pacifier with him? If you did use a pacifier, how old was your LO when you first gave it?

It could well be cluster feeding, which is Finn's way of upping your supply. My youngest (the only one I breastfed) would feed for up to 7 hours solid at night for a few weeks.

I've read to wait until their 6 weeks Mindy. I'll try and find the link I read it on again.

Yay for looking pregnant merri. I want a bump so bad! Not good about the pain. Hope the physio sorts it for you.

Here's the article. It's a breast feeding timeline. It's long but a good read.

https://www.thealphaparent.com/2011/12/timeline-of-breastfed-baby.html?m=1

You will ickle i had a flat tummy for ages then all of a sudden popped!
Not sure about pacifiers, probably is him just upping the demand as he is growing well and needs a bit more.
I really hope physio helps, im actively going to make myself better and not get too down about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->